I would like to register a complaint about the Heavy Knight's design

2»

Comments

• Saint ArcherSaint Archer Senior
    edited 3:58PM
    Technically, the Heavy Knight is a Crusader. So, his helmet does match the Crusader element. The Archer does look kind of different from the Heavy Knight, being centered a little over the Knight's Templar.
    "Saint Archer, they will call me!"
    -Archer on becoming a Saint.

"Sure, I'm a little young, but I'm not annoying like a good bit of children on the internet."
    -Myself on My Age
  • Noah es FrioNoah es Frio Senior
    edited September 2012
    Technically, the Heavy Knight is a Crusader. So, his helmet does match the Crusader element.

Yes, but Crusaders did not wear plate armor on their bodies. They wore chain mail. That's the mistake.
  • DrauliusDraulius Banned
    edited September 2012

Yes, but Crusaders did not wear plate armor on their bodies. They wore chain mail. That's the mistake.

The Knight's great grandfather was a Templar, and that's why he wears the helm. It's a family heirloom. This was confirmed in the PVKII lore a long time ago.

Crusaders wore medium armor (IE Light plate) along with chain mail underneath the armor.

"Sure, I'm a little young, but I'm not annoying like a good bit of children on the internet."
    -Myself on My Age
  • OcelotOcelot Senior
    edited September 2012
    tech the armor their using is for the italian/burgundian with a crusadors hilt but the helmet is alll crusador helmet

L81.jpg
    My Mother sent me to Vietnam to Straighten me out, I was Twelve...

ron-dancing-animated.gif
  • groopogroopo Senior
    edited September 2012

Crusaders wore medium armor (IE Light plate) along with chain mail underneath the armor.
    Source: his ass

There is nothing to suggest that the heavy knight is a crusader, and even if he was there isn't any one kind of "crusader." Crusader knights would've worn the same armour as regular knights in whatever period they lived in wore: Goddamn everything.

Mail is heavy armour btw. Making metal into rings doesn't make it stop being metal and thus not heavy. Metal is metal and metal is heavy especially when it's hanging off of your shoulders like a mail shirt as opposed to being neatly secured to your body like plate armour which is actually lighter and easier to move in.
    groopo wrote:

Source: his ass

There is nothing to suggest that the heavy knight is a crusader, and even if he was there isn't any one kind of "crusader." Crusader knights would've worn the same armour as regular knights in whatever period they lived in wore: Goddamn everything.

Mail is heavy armour btw. Making metal into rings doesn't make it stop being metal and thus not heavy. Metal is metal and metal is heavy especially when it's hanging off of your shoulders like a mail shirt as opposed to being neatly secured to your body like plate armour which is actually lighter and easier to move in.

You good sir, are incorrect.

1. Chainmail shirts ARE INDEED medium armor, due to the fact that they're not as heavy as plate or not as light as a leather chestplate.

2. Armor depended on time period. (For instance, the Germanic people of Prussia; used Mail towards the start of Germany's forming, towards the end of the mideval era, they used plate mail/heavier armor.

-Myself on My Age
  • CrackpunchCrackpunch Senior

1. Chainmail shirts ARE INDEED medium armor, due to the fact that they're not as heavy as plate or not as light as a leather chestplate.

"A complete suit of plate armour made from well-tempered steel would weigh around 20 kg (44 pounds). The wearer of such a suit remains highly agile, able to move freely, jump and run, the weight being well spread over the body"

This full length, long sleeved Hauberk will fit up to 54" chest.
    The links are made of Butted Mild steel similar to the originals and are approximately 7/16" outside diameter. Weight approximately 45 lbs.
    trolololsig.png

Join us! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PVKANZ A group for Australians and New Zealanders
  • groopogroopo Senior
    edited September 2012
    Also, mail isn't worn under plate, it's sewn onto the joints. Wearing mail under plate is just redundant. If just a hauberk weighs 45lb. then imagine how much a full suit of mail (coif, chausses mittens etc.) would weigh.

Also, butted mail would have been very rare since it uses the same amount of material as normal, riveted mail but is virtually useless against thrusting weapons.
  • SquirrelSquirrel Senior
    edited September 2012
    Much of PVKII's aesthetics derive from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. I'm not particularly informed on the matter, but to me the Heavy Knight strongly resembles the character of the black knight from said reference, both visually and audibly.

PVKII has a silliness level on par with Monty Python. Silliness per se tends to play a larger part in the mod's construction and development plans than realism and historical accuracies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKhEw7nD9C4
  • OcelotOcelot Senior
    edited September 2012
    flippit kignippt!

My Mother sent me to Vietnam to Straighten me out, I was Twelve...

ron-dancing-animated.gif
  • CoolKidFrankCoolKidFrank Senior
    I personally adore the fantastical elements of this game; they're what really make it stand apart and give it a unique visual style.