Can't Find Any Server!? - Solutions

Da BombDa Bomb Senior
edited December 2010 in Bugs/Support
The server browser never appears
Hello everyone. A few minutes ago I tried playing PVK again for the first time in a few months. However, when I clicked Find Game, nothing happened. The server browser never appeared and I couldn't join and servers. I heard the slashing sound made when you click a button. I went to my Steam folder and deleted the PVK folder, hoping that it would reinstall, but that did not work. What is wrong? How can I fix this problem? I really want to play PVK!

Comments

• .sverek.sverek PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    edited December 2010
    I think you need to update your game.

Right click on PVKII in steam > properties > local files > verify integrity...

Also you could check if firewall blocking your connection or some filters being applied.
  • Da BombDa Bomb Senior
    edited 7:23AM
    QUOTE (sverek @ Dec 24 2010, 10:58 AM) »
    I think you need to update your game.

Right click on PVKII in steam > properties > local files > verify integrity...

Also you could check if firewall blocking your connection or some filters being applied.

That worked thank you very much.
  • AsphyxiumAsphyxium Senior
    I can't believe there isn't more activity in this thread. Apparently Valve patched the Source engine and destroyed the ability of people to detect servers with the server browser. Supposedly they tried to fix the issue, but it's still happening with a handful of mods, PVK2 one of them.

It's said there is a fix, but can only be implemented server-side.

There's another fix, though. If someone could just post the IP addresses of populated, high quality servers we could continue to play while Valve assumably continues to work on the problem.
  • HeiHei and truly did she know the name of the Kong Senior
    Asphyxium wrote:

I can't believe there isn't more activity in this thread. Apparently Valve patched the Source engine and destroyed the ability of people to detect servers with the server browser. Supposedly they tried to fix the issue, but it's still happening with a handful of mods, PVK2 one of them.

It's said there is a fix, but can only be implemented server-side.

There's another fix, though. If someone could just post the IP addresses of populated, high quality servers we could continue to play while Valve assumably continues to work on the problem.

http://forums.pvkii.com/index.php?showtopic=13351
    http://forums.pvkii.com/index.php?showtopic=13348