Recovering Projectiles

CelestiaCelestia Senior
edited 8:20PM in Suggestions
honestly i havn't really put much thought into this, but what if we made it so dead bodies stay until end of round, and standing over an enemy that has one of your prjectiles in them, you can recover. obviously depending on the weapon, you would have to stand there for a certain amount of time. example, it would (probably) be easier to recover an arrow from someone as oppossed to a javelin. standing over the enemy for a minute or two would be to simluate pulling it out of them. (since i doubt anyone wants to take the time to anime/code characters actually pulling projectiles out of fallen enemies.) jsut a random thought i had, would make LTS a little more fun i think.

Comments

• PeepeewilsonPeepeewilson PVKII Team
    edited May 2012
    We don't want players to have the ability to never run out of projectiles. If there's any game mode this would be especially bad for, it's LTS.

It would also be too tricky to implement, due to the server to client side handling of dead bodies. If you weren't aware, ragdoll corpses are handled on the client side. That means dead players end up in different places/orientations for everyone. People wouldn't be able to accurately defend a projectile-ridden corpse from being looted because of this.
  • DMXDMX Senior
    edited May 2012
    Wouldn't bodies also cause for unnecassary fps loss if they stayed the entire round?
    joker_by_tortillaturtle-d50i9ir.png
  • WintersunnWintersunn Land Lubber! Senior
    edited 8:20PM
    What about, giving the ability to share ammunition between the same class?

For example a skirmisher can drop/give another skirmisher bullets or even a keg?!
    34nqlqd.jpg
  • CelestiaCelestia Senior
    just thought it would be usefull if i had more javelins for those archers hehe i do like banaenbrei's idea though.
  • DMXDMX Senior
    edited May 2012
    I wouldn't be against teammates stealing each other's projectiles though. Perhaps you'd have to press E to pick them up instead of walking over them. Now we talk, can't one of the level designers fiddle around with the barricades on arena and make it so that projectiles actually stick into them and that you can pick them up again? I believe they dissapear atm.
  • HeiHei and truly did she know the name of the Kong Senior
    That happens with everything wooden, not just barricades
  • DMXDMX Senior
    Aye.
  • TschoppoTschoppo the choppin´ Senior
    it doesnt happen with everything wooden, those barricades break/move when lava comes and thus arent worldbrushes or func_detail

slugsig.jpg

• DMXDMX Senior
    edited May 2012
    Sounds like a difficult task then, perhaps some sort of brushes making the projectiles bounce off or get stuck into next to the barricades would do the trick ^^
  • ZinuXZinuX Mutated Walrus Hamster Members, Beta Tester
    Or maybe just leave those barricades alone? They do nothing but chillin' around, maaaaan...
    dragonattacksig04.pngrage.jpg
  • CelestiaCelestia Senior
    lol@zinux
  • DenshinDenshin Beta Tester, Authorized Creator
    See those barricades as a hazard for ranged classes then, possibly enchanted by the lord of that desert arena, no projectile is safe.

QUOTE (Trojan•Clinique @ Nov 8 2011, 08:06 PM)
    Denshin is a rather overpowered class.

QUOTE (Lucas =) @ Jan 12 2012, 08:16 AM)
    We're currently working on making Denshin less OP.
    signatureopaquesmall.png

• shayologoshayologo Senior
    On arena Map at Start when everyone shoot a projectil they often disapear because the map must have a max number of projectil throw possible

It's often annoying when you play gesdir or huscarl with few ammo