PVKII "GunGame"

13»

Comments

• MadKatMadKat Senior
    edited 6:27AM
    chevron wrote:

I've been running this today on my server Lighthouse and people like it. It crashed my server in pvk_arena_beta1 but in other dm maps it's worked fine.
    You mentioned something about separate configs. Would be nice if the plugin would set mp_timelimit to 0 and use own mapcycle to change maps.

Now just waiting for the new version :)

I had not considered doing a separate maplist. I am planning on initiating a map vote as a player approaches the last round.
    Let me create a little list of wish items and I'll make sure the map list is on there.
    Programmer, Swashbuckler
    Author of PVKII Randomizer
    Author of PVKII WeaponsMaster
  • MadKatMadKat Senior
    Issues can be logged directly in the issue tracker for the plugin. I'll continue filtering through them here, as well, but it would be helpful if people logged them as they came up.

Thanks!
    Programmer, Swashbuckler
  • KOKORONOKAWARIKOKORONOKAWARI Funny Little Japanese Drawing Person Senior
    edited February 2012
    MadKat wrote:

1. Very interesting. When you get credit for the falling death, it should give you fresh ammo in your primary ammo slot. Looks like I need to do some parrot testing in general.
    2. Good catch. The cvar is created with "max" set to 1.0. That will be fixed in another build.
    3. Do you know the actual weapon name for the punch? It's not giving you credit since apparently I missed that weapon name.
    4. Are you saying the LTS map reset causes a reset of the player weapon levels? Maybe I don't understand which round you're talking about. I've played through the entire WeaponsMaster on LTS maps.
    5. Does mp_restartround work in PVK? I haven't had any luck when testing with it. That's a neat idea.

I'll try the LTS one again, it looked like people were resetting at the start of the next LTS round for some reason on skypirates

mp_restartround works in non-DM maps~ which is a shame

Something strange also happened, we were in a DM map and I joined the match 7 minutes in, and I started at level 16 when I turned on the gungame mode... not sure why lol. Another person was higher level but he had already been playing the map a while if it meant anything.

I'll ask about the punch hopefully with an answer today~

MadKat wrote:

Issues can be logged directly in the issue tracker for the plugin. I'll continue filtering through them here, as well, but it would be helpful if people logged them as they came up.

Thanks!

okie doke

Nichi2EditCROP_zpscolnflbv.gifKarenPirate1Crop_zps5ccbfa57.gifNichi1CROP_zpspr3i3epd.gif
    http://steamcommunit...m/groups/aclans Join and be pro today!

10402520_1443600839260675_3566335342614205908_nRESIZE_zpsf8423ece.jpg
    output_6Dn6Cs_zpse8ae5afc.gif
    tumblr_mq1t1bZGDA1r30985o1_400_zps948e174a.gif
    tumblr_mviov3cTGP1r8bshso1_500_zpsbada721a.gif
    "I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari
    loli loli loli loli loli loli loli loli

• MadKatMadKat Senior

Something strange also happened, we were in a DM map and I joined the match 7 minutes in, and I started at level 16 when I turned on the gungame mode... not sure why lol. Another person was higher level but he had already been playing the map a while if it meant anything.

Ooo. I need to do a cleanup of the variables when the plugin is enabled, not just on map start. Good find.
    Programmer, Swashbuckler
  • Bomber678Bomber678 Senior
    I found an issue. For some reason, I was unable to turn Weapons Master off. I've been running a server for friends every so often, and one recommended both Randomiser and Weapons Master. I found them to be quite fun, and put them in place. When I tried to turn off Weapons Master though, it allowed people to spawn with their class, health, armour and weapons, but when someone got a kill, weapons master activated. Randomiser turned off without any issues. The only way I could turn off Weapons Master was to unload the plugin each map. (I could set my config file, but then I'd have to load it every map I wanted it.) So, the wm_enabled 0 is not working

Another issue, unsure if intentional or not, is that in the 'waiting for players' time, kills you get still count towards Weapons Master levelling up. So people start in a round with Sword/Axe combos, or occasionally Big Axes.

I'll download the latest version, (I got it about a month ago), and see how things go.
  • MadKatMadKat Senior
    I believe the version you freshly downloaded should fix the issues you described. Let me know if you have any more problems!
    Programmer, Swashbuckler
  • Ignis SolusIgnis Solus Senior
    MadKat can you tell me what is your server's name or IP? I somehow missed it.
  • MadKatMadKat Senior
    edited February 2012

MadKat can you tell me what is your server's name or IP? I somehow missed it.

MadKat's WeaponsMaster/GunGame Test Server
    vds.katserv.net (66.151.138.238) : 32000
    Programmer, Swashbuckler
    edited February 2012
    punch_cpt I think is what is used for punch kills

Edit: tried to also do the auto respawn thing, doesn't seem to exist?

Edit 2: The round end tune, like when Knights win and plays their victory music, doesn't play even when WM is turned off. When we took WM off to test, it started to play again. I posted it on the site you mentioned.

Nichi2EditCROP_zpscolnflbv.gifKarenPirate1Crop_zps5ccbfa57.gifNichi1CROP_zpspr3i3epd.gif

"I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari

• MadKatMadKat Senior

punch_cpt I think is what is used for punch kills

Edit: tried to also do the auto respawn thing, doesn't seem to exist?

Edit 2: The round end tune, like when Knights win and plays their victory music, doesn't play even when WM is turned off. When we took WM off to test, it started to play again. I posted it on the site you mentioned.

I've put in a change for the punch_cpt but haven't been able to try it.

The auto respawn feature doesn't work. The ForceRespawn method on the player does not appear to do anything.

I should have a fix for the sound bug. With any luck, I'll have a new test build on my server late tonight (Friday, GMT-8).
    Programmer, Swashbuckler
    edited February 2012
    MadKat wrote:

Ooo. I need to do a cleanup of the variables when the plugin is enabled, not just on map start. Good find.

Think its related to this but sometimes when WM is off people may start with butterknives or a keg on a new map/first spawn.

MadKat wrote:

I've put in a change for the punch_cpt but haven't been able to try it.

The auto respawn feature doesn't work. The ForceRespawn method on the player does not appear to do anything.

I should have a fix for the sound bug. With any luck, I'll have a new test build on my server late tonight (Friday, GMT-8).

sweets

"I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari

• MadKatMadKat Senior
    There's a new build up on the repository. I can't upload it to my server to test right now. If anyone is feelin' lucky, have at it.
    Programmer, Swashbuckler
  • chevronchevron Senior
    edited February 2012
    Does those cfg files go to /cfg, /cfg/sourcemod or somewhere else?
  • MadKatMadKat Senior
    edited February 2012
    /cfg/weaponsmaster/

They also don't load yet. I left in work-in-progress code for this build. It shouldn't fall over if they aren't present.

This build should fix:
    • Round end sound bug
    • Punch not counting as a parrot kill
    • Kills to level being capped at 1

Some of the other bug reports will take some time in front of the server repeating a mindless task before I get the data I need to fix them.
    Programmer, Swashbuckler
  • chevronchevron Senior
    I was hoping for some improvements to work better for servers that dont run the plugin all the time.

add: map vote before someone wins and dont change map right after someone wins, maybe show who won for longer
    add: mp_timelimit changed when wm enabled

fix: kill counter doesnt reset when wm enabled
    fix: if wm is set to disabled in server.cfg some ppl still will start the map with kegs

Thats what i could think of now.
    MadKat wrote:

/cfg/weaponsmaster/

They also don't load yet. I left in work-in-progress code for this build. It shouldn't fall over if they aren't present.

This build should fix:
    • Round end sound bug
    • Punch not counting as a parrot kill
    • Kills to level being capped at 1

Some of the other bug reports will take some time in front of the server repeating a mindless task before I get the data I need to fix them.

yay update

if you need assist testing sometime let me know~

"I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari

• chevronchevron Senior
    Lighthouse will be running weapon master for like 6 hours starting from now. Map will be pvk_desertcliff cause it suits well for it.
  • Hempen JigHempen Jig Senior
    There's an issue with a new map keeping your old levels from a previous map when I switched with the SM menu. The previous winner spawns with no weapons at all

Also I set killstolevel to 5, but it only works on butterknife any level after only requires 1 kill
    Creds to BeansPants for the Meadhoen!
  • MadKatMadKat Senior
    Hempen Jig wrote:

There's an issue with a new map keeping your old levels from a previous map when I switched with the SM menu. The previous winner spawns with no weapons at all

Also I set killstolevel to 5, but it only works on butterknife any level after only requires 1 kill

Fixed the killstolevel bug.
    Interesting that the other issue occurs. As long as a proper MapStart event fires internal to SM, this shouldn't be an issue. I'll do some poking around.
    Programmer, Swashbuckler
  • Bomber678Bomber678 Senior
    I'm afraid there are too many files and not enough comprehensive readmes. In short, I have no idea where to put everything.