PVKII "GunGame"

Comments

• CynoxiousCynoxious Senior
    edited 4:23PM
    Was this actually made? and if so is the server still up?
  • FERGUSFERGUS Senior
    Was scrolling through page 2, didn't checked the date and thought this was a new thread until I saw Blood-Wiper's avatar.
  • MadKatMadKat Senior
    It got made, but it is fairly incomplete. The source is available on my github account: https://github.com/madkat/sourcemod-pvkii-weaponsmaster

If anyone wants to contribute, feel free to fork!
    Programmer, Swashbuckler
    Author of PVKII Randomizer
    Author of PVKII WeaponsMaster
  • Dark AukDark Auk Senior
    I can't code or anything, but I do have an idea. Instead of balancing all of the classes, you change classes along with the weapons themselves. For instance, a Man-At-Arms with a crossbow would be different than an Archer with a crossbow.

Here's what it would be like if you included all the 3.0 weapons and classes, making a nice total of 25; you'll start off with weaker melee weapons, move on to ranged weapons, get into the slower melee weapons, and end up with the more challenging weapons. It should also be noted that I put them in the order of Pirates, Vikings, and then Knights to reflect the name of the game itself.

Oh, and sorry if necrobumpin' is not allowed.

01. Cutlass (skirmy)
    02. 2H Axe (husky)
    03. Longbow (archer)
    04. Flintlock (skirmy)
    05. Langseax + Shield (gestir)
    06. Crossbow (mar)
    07. Long Rifle (shooter)
    08. Javelin (gestir)
    09. Sword + Shield (heavy)
    10. Artisan's Flintlock (shooter)
    11. Sword + Shield (husky)
    12. Crossbow (archer)
    13. Cap'n's Cutlass (captain)
    14. Lawnmower (zerker)
    15. Halberd (mar)
    16. Letter Opener (shooter)
    17. Spear (gestir)
    18. Mace + Buckler (mar)
    19. Blunderbuss (captain)
    20. 2H Bearded Axe (zerker)
    21. Greatsword (heavy)
    22. Powder Keg (skirmy)
    23. Throwing Axe (husky)
    24. Butterknife (archer)
    25. Hook + Parrot (captain)

/overkill
  • MadKatMadKat Senior
    Always happy to see interest. I don't think I'd call that a necro bump since the thread had activity a few months ago.

I don't have a server to test changes with anymore, but I have been kicking around some concepts for this mod.
    Programmer, Swashbuckler
  • Hempen JigHempen Jig Senior
    I've been keeping an eye on this thread for a while.. if you're still interested in progressing these ideas let me know I've got a server running I'd give you full access to test on
    Creds to BeansPants for the Meadhoen!
  • MadKatMadKat Senior
    I'd love some motivation to do addon development again. If you're really interested, shoot me an e-mail: madkat at katserv dot net
    Programmer, Swashbuckler
  • MadKatMadKat Senior
    Tried to get working on this again today but cannot get a PVKII server to work correctly any more. Did a complete reinstall of srcds through hldsupdatetool. The server runs up and is visible in the server browser but it is impossible to connect to it.

I'll try troubleshooting a bit longer.
    Programmer, Swashbuckler
  • edited 4:23PM
    Well, I saw your server in the list and quite a few people played on it. I tried to add you on Steam, but got no response. I wasn't able to contact you ingame either.
  • MadKatMadKat Senior
    Server is up and running. There's a new build running with sound effects and killing spree bonuses. Give it a go and let me know what you think.
    Programmer, Swashbuckler
  • edited 4:23PM
    pretty fun, but an issue I ran into a few issues

Killing any enemy with a shield charge special and then getting switched to blunder buss resulted in my character continuously charging into a wall with the blunderbuss.

Knight shield breaking resulted in being stuck with block up and a 0% shield
  • MadKatMadKat Senior
    edited January 2012
    I meant to have a new build on the server last night... but I may have gotten distracted by some code refactoring.

Todo list:
    Fix for weapon specials persisting through weapon change (i.e. spear/shield charges) - Question into devs on this
    Support configuration through key-value pairs (including sound customizations)
    Overhaul leaderboard calculation and display
    Fun sparkly effects on players with killing spree (so they're more obvious)
    FreezeFrame at the end of the game
    Override game mode events so that players can reach the last level
    Override game mode events that gameplay is more fluid
    Programmer, Swashbuckler
  • KOKORONOKAWARIKOKORONOKAWARI Funny Little Japanese Drawing Person Senior
    Worse comes to worse can have a delay upon killing with a special (or just weapons in general) before it switches =x

Nichi2EditCROP_zpscolnflbv.gifKarenPirate1Crop_zps5ccbfa57.gifNichi1CROP_zpspr3i3epd.gif
    http://steamcommunit...m/groups/aclans Join and be pro today!

10402520_1443600839260675_3566335342614205908_nRESIZE_zpsf8423ece.jpg
    output_6Dn6Cs_zpse8ae5afc.gif
    tumblr_mq1t1bZGDA1r30985o1_400_zps948e174a.gif
    tumblr_mviov3cTGP1r8bshso1_500_zpsbada721a.gif
    "I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari
    loli loli loli loli loli loli loli loli

• MadKatMadKat Senior

Worse comes to worse can have a delay upon killing with a special (or just weapons in general) before it switches =x

It sounds like either the weapon object itself has a method for turning off the effect, or I can just reset the correct player properties.
    Programmer, Swashbuckler
  • HeiHei and truly did she know the name of the Kong Senior
    I think the massive speed bonus for a "killing spree" is a bit OP
    Need moar updateee

Nichi2EditCROP_zpscolnflbv.gifKarenPirate1Crop_zps5ccbfa57.gifNichi1CROP_zpspr3i3epd.gif

"I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari

• MadKatMadKat Senior
    I wasn't able to do any testing this weekend. There was an update on Friday to workaround being stuck in a charge with a spear or shield special.
    Programmer, Swashbuckler
  • PeepeewilsonPeepeewilson PVKII Team
    Just tried this today for the first time. Needless to say, I'm blown away by how awesome it is. It will be even more awesome when we add an official FFA DM mode for the LTS maps and a few others.
  • HeiHei and truly did she know the name of the Kong Senior
    The kegs for warmup is fun
  • MadKatMadKat Senior

Just tried this today for the first time. Needless to say, I'm blown away by how awesome it is. It will be even more awesome when we add an official FFA DM mode for the LTS maps and a few others.

Glad you enjoyed it. I had tried to create my own team DM type of scenario by hooking and eating game events, but the game seemed quite satisfied ignoring me and going on its merry way. In its current state, tw really is the best game mode with the quick respawns. I may just need to destroy the trinket entity every time it spawns so no one gets an advantage.
    Programmer, Swashbuckler
  • PeepeewilsonPeepeewilson PVKII Team
    edited January 2012
    Just keep working on the gungame mechanics, we're planning to add DM officially which should be perfect for your plugin.

Also, I'm fairly certain custom maps can be made with no game mode assigned and will act like a makeshift DM.
  • ZinuXZinuX Mutated Walrus Hamster Members, Beta Tester

Also, I'm fairly certain custom maps can be made with no game mode assigned and will act like a makeshift DM.

That still puts people in teams
    dragonattacksig04.pngrage.jpg
    There a version we can stealllllll? =o

"I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari

• MadKatMadKat Senior
    edited January 2012
    Everything you need is up on https://github.com/m...i-weaponsmaster including the sound files. Next update will move a lot of the configuration to an external file rather than cvars with customization available on a global or per map basis.

WeaponsMaster.smx
    weaponsmaster.cfg.txt

Sounds, if you want them, need to go in /pvkii/sounds/weaponsmaster/. These are currently not configurable, but you could always reuse the file name.

Gain Level: /pvkii/sounds/weaponsmaster/smb3_powerup.wav
    Lose Level: /pvkii/sounds/weaponsmaster/smb3_powerdown.wav
    Welcome/Intro: /pvkii/sounds/weaponsmaster/welcome2.mp3 (My own pirate impersonation)
    Killing Spree: /pvkii/sounds/weaponsmaster/smb_star.mp3

My server is using all default cvar values for the plugin. For the actual game mode cvars in PVKII, I highly recommend ridiculously big numbers to ensure players get to finish the game of WeaponsMaster.
    Programmer, Swashbuckler
  • MadKatMadKat Senior
    I'll try to plan for a real release this weekend.
    Programmer, Swashbuckler
    <3 you

"I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari

• Hempen JigHempen Jig Senior
    Awesome, uploading to SBP! We've got a few DM maps that will go perfect with it.

Thanks for releasing to the public
    Creds to BeansPants for the Meadhoen!
  • chevronchevron Senior
    I've been running this today on my server Lighthouse and people like it. It crashed my server in pvk_arena_beta1 but in other dm maps it's worked fine.
    You mentioned something about separate configs. Would be nice if the plugin would set mp_timelimit to 0 and use own mapcycle to change maps.

Now just waiting for the new version :)
    edited February 2012
    Alrighty tried it out again on the SBP server and had a blast haha

Some things I should mention~

* Someone who killed themselves via falling while my parrot is chasing after them gives me the parrot back but I can't release it.
    * I may have done something wrong but killstolevel, which I set to 3 at the time, was still leveling me up every 1 kill.
    * Punching should count for the Parrot/Hook kill I think, especially since it does less damage than those.
    * LTS resets the levels each normal round (not gungame round) but not in TE. As in it would be nice if the levels were kept each LTS round.

It would be nice if the round could restart after it ends or be configurable for the server to do so (mp_restartound 1) and reset the levels for it.

Haven't tested the whole killing with shield special yet =x

Certainly made float more interesting lol XD

"I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari

• MadKatMadKat Senior

* Someone who killed themselves via falling while my parrot is chasing after them gives me the parrot back but I can't release it.
    * I may have done something wrong but killstolevel, which I set to 3 at the time, was still leveling me up every 1 kill.
    * Punching should count for the Parrot/Hook kill I think, especially since it does less damage than those.
    * LTS resets the levels each normal round (not gungame round) but not in TE. As in it would be nice if the levels were kept each LTS round.
    * It would be nice if the round could restart after it ends or be configurable for the server to do so (mp_restartound 1) and reset the levels for it.

1. Very interesting. When you get credit for the falling death, it should give you fresh ammo in your primary ammo slot. Looks like I need to do some parrot testing in general.
    2. Good catch. The cvar is created with "max" set to 1.0. That will be fixed in another build.
    3. Do you know the actual weapon name for the punch? It's not giving you credit since apparently I missed that weapon name.
    4. Are you saying the LTS map reset causes a reset of the player weapon levels? Maybe I don't understand which round you're talking about. I've played through the entire WeaponsMaster on LTS maps.
    5. Does mp_restartround work in PVK? I haven't had any luck when testing with it. That's a neat idea.
    Programmer, Swashbuckler