Model problem, help!

GatekeeperGatekeeper Senior
edited 11:49PM in Bugs/Support
Character models are nothing but a grid!
All character models in the game look like this, even when i play. I tried deleting pvkII then reinstalling it but its still like this. What does it meen and how/can i fix it?????

Comments

• AkzAkz PVKII Team
    edited 11:49PM
    Try disabling advanced shaders in Options > Multiplayer > Advanced options.
  • GatekeeperGatekeeper Senior
    Didnt work sad.gif

what the hell could the problem be?! Ive already reinstalled, it acts like files are missing. HELLP!!!!!!!!
  • PaladinPaladin Senior
    edited August 2011
    This bug has been reported before:

http://forums.pvkii.com/index.php?showtopic=12138

What graphics card do you have? If you have an old one, try updating your drivers.
    2v2z7rr.jpg
    NVIDIA Quadro NVS 280 SD is the video card, it has the most updated driver. I tried advanced shaders, no luck. It already is set to run in dx8 & Antialiasing has no options accept "None". Seems everyone that has this problem has a nvidia.

I really want to play & I know its not the greatest vidcard but I have played on this PC before without this happening so i dont understand why i cant get it to work.
  • PaladinPaladin Senior
    edited August 2011
    QUOTE (Gatekeeper @ Aug 7 2011, 10:27 PM) »
    NVIDIA Quadro NVS 280 SD is the video card

You use a professional graphics card for playing PVKII? They are not designed for video gaming, they are used by designers, engineers, and scientists for their own programs
    like Cinebench etc. I did some research on video gaming with professional graphics cards, they run okay but do miss textures in games and have bugs running them.

The video explains to you the intended purpose of Professional Graphics cards.

2v2z7rr.jpg
    Ok, but how do i FIX IT?! I have played the game on here before & it worked fine.
  • PaladinPaladin Senior
    edited August 2011
    I don't know if there is a way to fix it through settings if you went through all the guidelines?

If it was me that had this problem? I wouldn't play games on a professional graphics card to begin with, I would play them on the gaming graphics cards such as Radeon and Geforce
    which are designed for gaming but I hope you can find a way to fix this problem without having to change/buy a gaming graphics card.
    2v2z7rr.jpg
  • HeiHei and truly did she know the name of the Kong Senior
    If you have the error with the latest drivers, try rolling back to an older driver.
    Rolling back didnt really change anything that i could tell & my cards last driver update was 06. Are the models suppose to be in my PVKII folder, i thought they were & im not seeing them anywhere, could that be it? This is really making me upset
    The models and things are all packed up in a .gcf file since the 2.3 release, so that's not what the issue is. If I had to wager a guess, I'd say your card doesn't support some shader or whatever that pvkii didn't require prior to the Orange Box engine switch, but does now.
    edited August 2011
    The thing that pisses me off is I played it not a year ago on here & it did not have this problem with the characters. I think i do remember it doing this same shirley with keg explosions but not the characters themselves.

Can someone walk me though how to disable all the AA? The in game AA has no selection but None but is there a way to disable it from driver properties or display settings of the pc?

Also one of the main things i did different this time opposed to last time is I used to DownLoad HL2 then PVKII but this time i DLed TF2 then PVKII, and i havnt tried to reinstall TF2 yet again, that cant be it can it?
    QUOTE (Gatekeeper @ Aug 7 2011, 05:19 PM) »
    Can someone walk me though how to disable all the AA? The in game AA has no selection but None but is there a way to disable it from driver properties or display settings of the pc?

should be (in console or config file) mat_antialias 0

Also one of the main things i did different this time opposed to last time is I used to DownLoad HL2 then PVKII but this time i DLed TF2 then PVKII, and i havnt tried to reinstall TF2 yet again, that cant be it can it?

No clue if that could even make a difference.