How to host a LAN server?

jrkjrk Senior
edited 6:23AM in Bugs/Support
I'm trying to host a server just for LAN (not dedicated), and the server is starting fine but nobody can see it in the server browser. Do I have to setup all those steam offsets for it to work?

Comments

• TschoppoTschoppo the choppin´ Senior
    edited 6:23AM
    mhmm the only experience i have with steam games over lan is a cracked CS version which always worked fine.. you really should ask that to the "knowers of source" more then to the game community of PVK

slugsig.jpg

• edited 6:23AM
    Try hamachi, let them join your network and then let them copy your hamachi IP by right clicking your name in hamachi and then let them insert that IP adress ingame into the console like connect 85.0.3.24:12203 as example. That might work, not sure.
  • HeiHei and truly did she know the name of the Kong Senior
    Assuming you are talking about a listen server, you have to make sure the right ports are open and forwarded (see www.google.com). If you are sure they are, and your friends still can't connect, try typing heartbeat in the console.
  • jrkjrk Senior
    I don't think switches (what we're using for the LAN) use ports. Usually you do that for public internet servers. I don't think there is even an interface on the switch for that. I will try the Hamachi way, thanks guys.
  • TschoppoTschoppo the choppin´ Senior
    for sure it is.. enter the IP of your Switch into browser

slugsig.jpg

• edited 6:23AM
    Did the hamachi way work?