Floating Pickups

edited 10:29AM in Bugs/Support
Don't know if anyone has noticed but occasionally all the pickups or some of them will float much higher than they are supposed to. I know for sure it is a client-side issue. I have seen all the pickups float or just certain ones such as ammo. If all you are already aware, you may know what I am talking about. If not, I can provide an image if necessary.

Comments

• TschoppoTschoppo the choppin´ Senior
    edited June 2011
    happened a single time for me on arena

the central pickups (haven´t seen the others) were a tad higher so you had to jump to collect them.

it seemed as if it was for everyone as i´ve seen a guy running underneath it and another one jumping up to collect.

slugsig.jpg

• edited 10:29AM
    I have seen that like 30 times atleast, no idea why or how
    Not always does collision apply the the pickups. Once on the really old version of Breaker, one the the ammo pickups would occasionally float really high up. It was unreachable. On some other maps like Arena, the pickups were floating a bit high but you didn't have to jump to get them.
  • TschoppoTschoppo the choppin´ Senior
    edited June 2011
    this could be caused by the fact that no matter how high you put a pickup in hammer it will always float in the same height above the ground, normally

so it has some placement automatism which might have problems sometimes

slugsig.jpg

• HeiHei and truly did she know the name of the Kong Senior
    edited 10:29AM
    When it does this does it seem to affect every player in the server?
    No, only the client (you).