Server DDoS Vulnerability ?!?!?

OnkelDagobertOnkelDagobert Senior
edited June 2011 in Bugs/Support
plz fix this
http://forums.pvkii.com/index.php?s=&s...st&p=222846 Post #11 - Post #18

sometimes it happens 3-4 times the day and only when the server is well-filled. There are about 15 game servers on my root server and when it happens only the pvk server is affected (all other server running fine.. no lags, good ping). Mapchange or server restart by killing the process doesn't help... So i think it is a DOS attack using a pvk related bug. It lasts about 2-5 min. enough to empty the hole server.

Maybe it is another server owner who wants to fill his server by empty all other server^^

Comments

• PeepeewilsonPeepeewilson PVKII Team
    edited June 2011
    You will have to determine the cause of the ping spikes for us to be able to fix anything. If someone is exploiting a console command to bog your server down, you should be able to see it in your logs or live in HLSW.

Who hosts your server? Have you asked them to monitor your box for any unusual traffic spikes?
  • SighSigh Senior
    edited 6:27AM
    If all other servers on the same box are running fine, it is either what Peepee wilson said or that mysterious thing you linked too in your first post. Which could be the same thing.
    Greetz,

Mister Sigh, CommoC Founder

QUOTE (Pysiek @ Dec 29 2010, 09:07 PM)
    Welcome on boat!

"When she misses her monthlies and wees on one of them preggie stick fings and the numbers are laughing little baby faces then you can panic." - Bango Bingo
  • OnkelDagobertOnkelDagobert Senior
    next time i will log the traffic
  • HeiHei and truly did she know the name of the Kong Senior
    I don't own a server, but being an admin and regular on a couple of servers that have been hit by this I have to point out it only seems to happen when it is full, and upon certain people joining. That leads me to believe it could be an attack of sorts.