Bring Back The Holy Grail Mode!

Comments

• Mr. UnicornMr. Unicorn Bear-O-Dactyl Senior
    edited 4:32AM
    I'm starting to think he's just a troll.
    QUOTE (Nagzar The Zerker @ Jan 30 2011, 01:11 AM) »
    I am smoking logic.

• Nagzar The ZerkerNagzar The Zerker Imma derpy troll :B Senior
    Though I am serious when i say HG>TW.
  • CrackpunchCrackpunch Senior
    *kills Nagzar for making useless threads*
    trolololsig.png

Join us! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PVKANZ A group for Australians and New Zealanders
  • ZinuXZinuX Mutated Walrus Hamster Members, Beta Tester
    Nagzar needs a nap of a couple of days.
    dragonattacksig04.pngrage.jpg
  • LolzillaLolzilla Senior
    TW is way more balanced than HG was.

I say GOOD JOB dev team

Its forcing you to teamwork, instead of douching as in HG.
    I prefer TW myself, but I still would like to be awailable to play HG.
    at least on private servers.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=lolzilla
  • JizzlerJizzler Senior
    These are two completely different game modes.

Can't really compare them.

But I don't get why devs refuse to patch it back in. If everyone likes TW so much better etc. no one will play HG, and it will truly be dead. problem solved.

and where the fridge is Fort?
    lMrr3YC.gif?1
    image,PVKII,white,black.png
  • KOKORONOKAWARIKOKORONOKAWARI Funny Little Japanese Drawing Person Senior
    Fort was removed until it was tweaked to be balanced for TW.

Nichi2EditCROP_zpscolnflbv.gifKarenPirate1Crop_zps5ccbfa57.gifNichi1CROP_zpspr3i3epd.gif
    http://steamcommunit...m/groups/aclans Join and be pro today!

10402520_1443600839260675_3566335342614205908_nRESIZE_zpsf8423ece.jpg
    output_6Dn6Cs_zpse8ae5afc.gif
    tumblr_mq1t1bZGDA1r30985o1_400_zps948e174a.gif
    tumblr_mviov3cTGP1r8bshso1_500_zpsbada721a.gif
    "I like axes"
    --kokoronokawari
    loli loli loli loli loli loli loli loli

• JerreJerre Senior
    QUOTE (Jizzler @ Feb 1 2011, 12:17 PM) »
    and where the fridge is Fort?

I loved Fort. But since the last update, everyone spawned in one place above the ground forcing to kill yourself using the "kill" command because all of the players were stuck... Hopefully Fort will come back and even better than before with TW.
    Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.
    We extort, we pilfer, we filch, and sack,
    Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.
    Maraud and embezzle, and even high-jack,
  • Bingo BangoBingo Bango one-eyed willy PVKII Team
    Eh, we looked into having both, but TW is essentially a built-up replacement of HG. It's Holy Grail version 2, the next natural progression. A lot of content will be built on/different/replaced in future versions - we're in beta - but only where we see no place for the old content
  • SquirrelSquirrel Senior
    The only problem I see with TW is that it takes seemingly long time for players to get the grasp on what is supposed to be done, and the fact that it's a FPS killer for many.

Other than that, tops in my book!
  • The Old FoxThe Old Fox Senior
    edited February 2011
    Well, Trinket Wars may be more balanced now, but it's not nearly as hilarious as the old version before Holy Grail when someone had to haul the booty chest around. I really think that mode was the best depiction of cutthroat greed in any game to date. Skirm running with chest gets throwing axe to face, viking picks up chest and instantly gets his head bashed in by an HK who in turn gets kegged as he picks up the booty continue ad nauseum.
  • BadGuyBadGuy Senior
    QUOTE (Captain of The Chalk Ship @ Jan 31 2011, 12:03 PM) »
    YEAH SUPER FUN TIMES RUNNING AFTER THAT SKIRMISHER AS OTHERS OF THE SAME KIND SWARM AROUND YOU AND RAPE YOU WITH THEIR SMALL TODDLER GENITALS

And so much people not even trying... Oh god that was horrible!

QFT.

TW all the way.
    "if you lived near me I would've drowned you in a bucket of your mothers blood" - Wolfy Snackrib
    QUOTE (Sven Svennson @ Mar 9 2010, 04:12 AM) »
    Maybe I need a break from PVK.

• fredman555fredman555 Senior
    edited February 2011
    Anyone remember when i was saying this before and got laughed at?
    Fantastic! A fearsome and formidable force; frightening to the frantic masses of folk. With full fortitude he ferociously forays the futile and foul faggotry that fills this fortuitous fix. But in de facto, this fiend is but a faint fluent flame. but i forfend, for i for surely sound like a fool, flaunting my vocabulary so foolhardily. some make me a favorite and others title me as a freak. but you my friend, may call me Fred
  • ADRIEN BRODYADRIEN BRODY Senior
    no
  • TschoppoTschoppo the choppin´ Senior
    you´ll die and noone will notice mellow.gif

slugsig.jpg

• MadKatMadKat Senior
    Grail mode was pretty much the most appealing feature of PVKII for me. While Trinket Wars is certainly a game mode that requires some larger element of teamwork, you are simply kidding yourself if you think this game is taken seriously enough that the teamwork element enhances the gameplay experience. Most of the time, PVK is a game of chaos and playing for yourself.

TW may be a good addition, but taking away HG was a mistake. I don't bother much playing PVK any more as a result.
    Programmer, Swashbuckler
    Author of PVKII Randomizer
    Author of PVKII WeaponsMaster
  • The Old FoxThe Old Fox Senior
    QUOTE (MadKat @ Feb 1 2011, 07:47 PM) »
    Grail mode was pretty much the most appealing feature of PVKII for me. While Trinket Wars is certainly a game mode that requires some larger element of teamwork, you are simply kidding yourself if you think this game is taken seriously enough that the teamwork element enhances the gameplay experience. Most of the time, PVK is a game of chaos and playing for yourself.

TW may be a good addition, but taking away HG was a mistake. I don't bother much playing PVK any more as a result.

o ya!? Well I'm gonna play just as much just to spite you!
  • MaysonMayson Senior
    QUOTE (The Old Fox @ Feb 1 2011, 08:26 PM) »
    Well, Trinket Wars may be more balanced now, but it's not nearly as hilarious as the old version before Holy Grail when someone had to haul the booty chest around. I really think that mode was the best depiction of cutthroat greed in any game to date. Skirm running with chest gets throwing axe to face, viking picks up chest and instantly gets his head bashed in by an HK who in turn gets kegged as he picks up the booty continue ad nauseum.

I'm quoting that. The old gamemod with the chest was funny. Grailcarrier being completely unable to defend himself, that were times. This one could get a come back in my eyes, as the chest slows the carrier down and makes him unable to run around like crazy.

Besides that, I love Trinket Wars. I played quite some rounds and you see the difference in the teamwork. Those that don't work together get steamrolled by those, who play together. And when all three teams are trying hard, you often get results like 0 - 2 - 1 or something. That's actually the most fun, when every kill counts and the trinket carrier gets kills when the team only needs 1 point more.

And despite what some people wrote in this thread, you really *see* more people working together. I rarely see any people running around alone. Most of the time, it's a real massacre.
  • Nagzar The ZerkerNagzar The Zerker Imma derpy troll :B Senior
    Unfortunately it's not coming back no use in trying maybe eventually we might get enough people to complain about it and bring HG back.
  • MaysonMayson Senior
    QUOTE (Nagzar The Zerker @ Feb 12 2011, 05:46 PM) »
    Unfortunately it's not coming back no use in trying maybe eventually we might get enough people to complain about it and bring HG back.

It's actually fine as it is. I was just playing with some thoughts, but TW is really the most balanced mod out of all three grail / trinket mods. There is no need to bring an earlier version back to life.
  • simiussimius Senior
    all in all tw is better than hg. much about strategy, teamwork.
    but for me it sucks when the talented player isnt the best.. if you know what i mean
    just my personal opinion. thats why i like cs or cod 1 and stuff
    we certainly need a real deathmatch mode.. just for Fun

slugsig.jpg

QUOTE (Tschoppo @ Feb 12 2011, 05:27 PM) »
    we certainly need a real deathmatch mode.. just for Fun

There are some custom maps that are deathmatch. They're usually not too much fun because there's really no winning nor any point. Something like your team gets so many kills to win would be fun though.
    I am smoking logic.

• ZinuXZinuX Mutated Walrus Hamster Members, Beta Tester
    edited February 2011
    TW is the perfect team deathmatch IMO, it is all about killing people as a team.
    And LTS is also good to show of your warrior supremacy!
    dragonattacksig04.pngrage.jpg
  • simiussimius Senior
    edited February 2011
    i guess the problem are the 3 teams in TW
    camper, backstabber arr advantaged
    one team attacks another, 3rd berserks/shoots/kegs from behind
    finally often the best team doesnt win
    edit
    ..not only player but also team
    teamwork is too important in that mode for 3 teams. same in HG i guess.

just a consideration
    QUOTE (ZinuX @ Feb 12 2011, 06:03 PM) »
    TW is the perfect team deathmatch IMO, it is all about killing people as a team.
    And LTS is also good to show of your warrior supremacy!

Having an incompetent team can suck the fun right out of TW.
    LTS is my favorite, but it can get annoying after being killed by a large gang or some random occurrence.
    Don't get me wrong, I love the gamemodes that there are now, it's just I wouldn't mind seeing something more like a Team Deathmatch.
    I am smoking logic.

• JerreJerre Senior
    Holy Grail as a Custom Game mode would be ok. I would play it, but TW is still my fav because of the teamwork with all 3 teams and not running after a Skirm with the Grail before 2.4.
    Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.
    We extort, we pilfer, we filch, and sack,
    Maraud and embezzle, and even high-jack,
  • BadGuyBadGuy Senior
    I could imagine team deathmatch with something eventually deciding the game, like a global event on the map. E.g.: Everyone who isn't in spot X will die.

Crossfire for half-life had this mechanic, and it was wonderful. smile.gif
    "if you lived near me I would've drowned you in a bucket of your mothers blood" - Wolfy Snackrib
    QUOTE (Sven Svennson @ Mar 9 2010, 04:12 AM) »
    Maybe I need a break from PVK.

QUOTE (Mr. Unicorn @ Feb 12 2011, 11:47 PM) »
    There are some custom maps that are deathmatch. They're usually not too much fun because there's really no winning nor any point. Something like your team gets so many kills to win would be fun though.

but thats no deathmatch.. thats team-deathmatch!!!

me wants 1on1on1on1on1on1on1on1on1on1on1on1on1on1on1on1on1on1on1on1on1 thats deathmatch

slugsig.jpg

• simiussimius Senior
    badguy, saw a HG map called "kreuzfeuer"(?) just as crossfire but with new nice dark age look