Some kind of texture problem i think

GatekeeperGatekeeper Senior
edited 11:08PM in Bugs/Support
Some kind of texture problem i think
Ok so when the game first loads a server it has these colorful lines across the screen like crazy, and often when i move they appear too. sometimes it covers the screen, sometimes its a thin line from one corner to the other.

It also seems that all explosions and blood splatter are represented by white or red lines in squares, as you can see in this sudden death mode in the picture below the wind and explosions are just squares.

Ive tried to update drivers, it didnt seem to have any updates, ive tried changing the directx to 9 instead of 7 in game and that didnt work. Ive restarted the computer, restarted the game, and also tried to reinstall the game. None of that worked either. Im alittle stumped, ive played on this computer before without these errors so i know my video card is capable(Nvidia Quadro NVS with AGP8X) Please help!

Comments

• GatekeeperGatekeeper Senior
    edited 11:08PM
    Found some new information too, the console continuously repeats these lines

C_OP_RenderSprites::RenderUnsorted: Attempting to use an unimplemented sprite renderer for system "jah_torch1_crispy"!
    C_OP_RenderSprites::RenderUnsorted: Attempting to use an unimplemented sprite renderer for system "jah_torch1_centre"!
  • .sverek.sverek PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    I have same problem in l4d2, no idea how to fix. I never heard about Nvidia Quadro NVS with AGP8X, can't really help. I think you'll need help of coders.
    Hm, im really beatin myself up over it too, as i got a faint memory of this EXACT problem, and having fixed it before haha. Id like to say it was a monitor issue of some sort, but maybe thats just because ive tried everything else i know :/. Hopefully a coder reads my post tonight lol
  • HeiHei and truly did she know the name of the Kong Senior
    wait did you say you're running the game in dx7?

add a command line launch parameter -dxlevel9
    QUOTE (Morse @ Nov 26 2010, 07:55 AM) »
    wait did you say you're running the game in dx7?

add a command line launch parameter -dxlevel9

well in my in game menu my hardware directxlevel says its 7.0 and software dxlevel is 9.0, so i tried switching the hardware to 9.0
    edited November 2010
    can provide full name of your video card? If it AGP port, it sounds like 2 or 3 generations old video card.

And broken shaders, is what you see.
    edited November 2010
    I would agree accept that i have played PVKII on this computer a number of times, and i do believe ive had this error before and somehow overcame it, it was a long time ago.

I dont really know what more to tell you about the video card. It just says under Adapter type "NVIDIA Quadro NVS with AGP8x" Its played the game before.

-i did however download a new driver and it seemed to have fixed the colorful lines in that first screenshot. The crazy ass line squares from the sprite error however are still there, really clueless what to do. heres the error again though VVVVV
    nderSprites::RenderUnsorted: Attempting to use an unimplemented sprite renderer for system "jah_brazier_large_flames"!

C_OP_RenderSprites::RenderUnsorted: Attempting to use an unimplemented sprite renderer for system "jah_torch2_centre"!
    C_OP_RenderSprites::RenderUnsorted: Attempting to use an unimplemented sprite renderer for system "jah_torch2_crispy"!
    C_OP_RenderSprites::RenderUnsorted: Attempting to use an unimplemented sprite renderer for system "jah_brazier_large_flames"!
    C_OP_RenderSprites::RenderUnsorted: Attempting to use an unimplemented sprite renderer for system "jah_brazier_large_flames"!
    C_OP_RenderSprites::RenderUnsorted: Attempting to use an unimplemented sprite renderer for system "jah_torch2_centre"!
    C_OP_RenderSprites::RenderUnsorted: Attempting to use an unimplemented sprite renderer for system "jah_torch2_crispy"!
    C_OP_RenderSprites::RenderUnsorted: Attempting to use an unimplemented sprite renderer for system "jah_torch2_centre"
    edited November 2010
    jah_xxx I think it's Jahhur's particles, he made arena and some other maps.

Do you have similar problem on other maps? If not, I think your video card memory or video card shader or RAM fails to load/read those specific shaders/particles. It's my theory.

Do you have desktop or note pc?
    desktop, and yes i have the same problem on every server. So it has to be that those files are damaged or fucked up in some way. I dont know, ive tried everything twice or more. It is driving me NUTS icon_bushblink.gif SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!! icon_noimageaccident.gif
    edited November 2010
    I guess im screwed and no one can help? I really dont want to give up on pvk. Its my favorite game sad.gif

Theres gotta be a fix, ive played this game on this exact computer before with no problem, Ive got a hunch its a problem with the Particle Effects. I also find it weird that every time ive tried to reinstall PVKII, i delete it but when i run the install to download it fresh the download always starts at 65% complete, whats up with that?

heeelp som1 please

icon_stabhead.gif
    edited November 2010
    it starts from 65% since you already have source game cache (HL2's sounds, models, etc...)
    Oh ok, you dont think i need to reinstall everything fresh from 0 - 100%? Im stumped by this error man, you know anyone else on the forums that can help me sverek? Ive read alot of other forums to games like Garrys mod and a few others that have this exact same problem, line for line almost, same kind of screenshots, and they seem to have fixed it lol, i tried their methods and couldn't find results though.

by the way i found out my video card is Nvida Quadro NVS 280 SD, it just also said NVIDIA Quadro NVS with AGP8x.
    edited November 2010
    I finally found specs for your vid card:
    Technical Specifications
    Form Factor NVIDIA Quadro NVS 280 64MB PCI Dual Head
    Low profile, both ATX and low profile brackets included
    Graphic Controller Integrated Quadro 280 2D graphics processor unit (GPU)
    Dimensions Low-profile, 2.586 x 6.6 in (6.57 x 16.76 cm)
    Bus type PCI
    RAMDAC Dual 350 MHz (integrated)
    Memory 64 MB DDR with frame buffer and Texture storage
    Connector Single high-density DMS-59 Flex Connector
    Dimensions Low-profile, 2.586 x 6.6 in (6.57 x 16.76 cm)
    Controller clock speed 250 MHz*
    Color depth 32 bits/pixel max
    Overlay planes One 16-bit Video overlay plane
    Maximum vertical refresh rate 85 Hz

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF...823-425827.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_Quadro#For_business
    http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quicksp.../11828_div.HTML

It also was designed for business machines, not for gaming. No wonder I never heard about it.

So, you have very weak video card, however you said it was working fine OK before. I'd say to try to set PVKII on minimal graphic settings and try play game again.

Here I gonna pass you this for help: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11068560/fps.cfg

put this config into steamapps\urname\pirates, vikings, and knights ii\pvkii\cfg
    once you run game, set all settings to minimal and exec this config. Just type in console:
    CODE
    exec fps

If it got executed successfully you'll get message : xxx loaded!

I'd recommend to set to dx8, before getting launching game:
    1. Right-click on the game title under the My games tab in Steam and select Properties.
    2. Under the General tab click the Set launch options... button.
    3. Enter -dxlevel 81 and click OK.
    4. Close the game's Properties window and launch the game.
    edited November 2010
    Hm, tried it but it didnt really change much.

_ autoexec.cfg loaded! _
    failed to create shader
    failed to create shader
    Changing resolutions from (640, 480) -> (640, 480)
    Unable to remove c:\program files\steam\steamapps\visitdrwanky@netscape.net\pirates, vikings, and knights ii\pvkii\textwindow_temp.html!
    ConVarRef hud_saytext doesn't point to an existing ConVar
    ConVarRef hud_saytext doesn't point to an existing ConVar
    ConVarRef spec_drawstatus doesn't point to an existing ConVar

Thats what poped up after i typed exec fps into console, i lowered specs after, but then i tried it again with lowering the specs first.
    I may just say fuck it and start saving up for a new computer in whole lol.

check this out though, http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/arch.../t-1279031.html
    That guy had the EXACT same problem but on Garrysmod, i tried what he was told to do that fixed it, but it didnt seem to work. Possible i may have fudged up one step somewhere but im not sure, i was upset his method didnt work either.

Extremely appreciate the effort though sve
    edited November 2010
    I think it might be whole problem with DirectX and hardware. If you wanna try to follow guy from Garry Mod:

I recommend to try to:

1) delete pirates, vikings, and knights ii folder from c:\program files\steam\steamapps\visitdrwanky@netscape.net\
    2) restart steam
    3) remove all launching options from PVKII properties in steam
    4) run PVKII and see, what it says in DirectX window > http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11068560/ters.jpg

If it says DirectX 9:
    1) run game and see if you still getting problem
    if yes
    2) set -dxlevel 81 in game launching options

If it says DirectX 8:
    if yes
    2) set -dxlevel 90 in game launching options

If it says DirectX 7:
    if yes
    2) set -dxlevel 90 in game launching options
    3) try game, if still have problems
    4) set -dxlevel 80 and try again.

If nothing helps, I think it's corrupted system files or hardware. Don't give up yet tongue.gif
    Im starting to wonder if a driver is missing an updated version. I found out that the computer was reformated when i was away, and that a few drivers may need to be fixed. Though i have already updated directX drivers and the Nvidia driver icon_yay.gif

After i look into that first. (because i used to be able to play this game on here damnit and never had this particular problem!) Ill try what you said icon_viking2.gif