pvkstats with a more interesting frontpage

FaravidFaravid Senior
edited 10:31AM in PVKII Server Stats
How about having other more interesting things on the frontpage of the pvk-stats site? Like a column showing who have the most points instead of showing how many times a person have suicided (how can that be interesting?).
Or perhaps some columns with who got the highest kdr depending on the number of kills.
For example an top 5 or 10 ranking on the players with over 1000 kills who have the highest kdr, and then with over 3000 kills, and then with over 5000, 10000 and so on. This says far more about the players ranking and skill than how many parrots you have killed.

Also have a top 3 or something of the highest ranked pirates, vikings and knights all in an own colum for themselves. Otherwise this team-ranking thing you got is pretty much unessesary: the ones saying what level of viking you are: elding vakten, flammen vakten or so on, comte, carpenter, stable cleaner etc...

Im just putting some thoughts i'm having on how you can make the pvk-stats more interesting and will urge people to compete a little more, just for fun.

Have a nice day

Comments

• CrackpunchCrackpunch Senior
    edited 10:31AM
    Perhaps rather than just showing how good you are per team it could show how good you are with each class. This is because the HK is awesome and the archer is sub par. This would stop people from trying to get into the top rankings by only going HK.
    trolololsig.png

Join us! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PVKANZ A group for Australians and New Zealanders
  • FaravidFaravid Senior
    QUOTE (Crackpunch @ Jan 11 2010, 09:39 PM) »
    Perhaps rather than just showing how good you are per team it could show how good you are with each class. This is because the HK is awesome and the archer is sub par. This would stop people from trying to get into the top rankings by only going HK.

Yes, thats also even a better idea. And if it's possible perhaps a way to gain points by doing the objectives hmm.
  • ZinuXZinuX Mutated Walrus Hamster Members, Beta Tester
    You already gain points when doing objectives in 2.3...
    dragonattacksig04.pngrage.jpg
  • MaydayMayday Engineering Supreme Senior
    Because KDR is directly proportional to the player's skill correct?
  • HeiHei and truly did she know the name of the Kong Senior
    obviously
  • chillychilly Senior, Drunk and Disorderly
    the top10 kill and kdr are deliberately left out. Feel free to start a poll in the main forum section and I will go with the wishes of the masses. It's not there to stop kill whoring, basically, and to try to encourage teamplay. I admit, I havnt tested pvkstats with the new objectives so they probably dont even contribute to score properly on the site at the moment anyway.
    move along
  • FaravidFaravid Senior
    QUOTE (Mayday @ Jan 12 2010, 12:57 AM) »
    Because KDR is directly proportional to the player's skill correct?

It will if you have 10 000 points and still manage to have a high KDR. But too add to what you are saying, too the lower amount of score you go the less it will say.
  • HeiHei and truly did she know the name of the Kong Senior
    No, that's not even related to what she was saying
  • MaydayMayday Engineering Supreme Senior
    From my experience, I believe that KDR has absolutely nothing to do with a player's skill. As soon as you put the top 10-20 list of KDR's on the front page for everyone to see, people will be competing like crazy.

I also have no idea what the second half of your post means.