Idea for a map (pvk_piratefort or something)

2»

Comments

• JasherJasher Senior
    edited October 2009
    QUOTE (ZinuX @ Oct 7 2009, 12:00 PM) »
    We need more people willing to participate, otherwise it would just be a map made by a 2 or so people.
    A prop/texture artist would be nice, but not necessary.

well I know for sure that Im gonna try to get mason to do a few small things like make the gates and maybe rain effects.

and I'm also gonna try to get scurvy bob to host our map on his server for beta testing reasons in the future.

but other than that me and Zinux will most likely do the bulk of the work.

but that can change if we get more skilled and willing helpers.

but at the same time im not sure if we need more because this is not a very big map.

and as for prop and texture artist perhaps kow75 would be willing to help

I know their are some prop models we could use for this map.

for example some wood wall models that would go around the fort. this way we don't need to make a bunch of brushes to make the fort look good.
  • ZinuXZinuX Mutated Walrus Hamster Members, Beta Tester
    edited 9:52PM
    I think I am going to work on it tomorrow.
    I'll only brainstorm today for some cool ideas for stuff like the sideways and the main path to the fort.
    dragonattacksig04.pngrage.jpg
  • JasherJasher Senior
    QUOTE (ZinuX @ Oct 7 2009, 01:29 PM) »
    I think I am going to work on it tomorrow.
    I'll only brainstorm today for some cool ideas for stuff like the sideways and the main path to the fort.

have fun happy.gif
  • JasherJasher Senior
    edited October 2009
    oops double post
  • GeleiaGeleia ロリコン Senior
    remember, I know how to use hammer, if you need help ask me. I'm just no good at making maps, but I can give ideas on how to use hammer. I don't really have the ideas for all the details and those and I'm a failure in displacement, but otherwise I think I can use hammer pretty good.
  • JasherJasher Senior
    QUOTE (Geleia @ Oct 7 2009, 12:52 PM) »
    remember, I know how to use hammer, if you need help ask me. I'm just no good at making maps, but I can give ideas on how to use hammer. I don't really have the ideas for all the details and those and I'm a failure in displacement, but otherwise I think I can use hammer pretty good.

hmmm.

well so far you have helped plenty even without using hammer.

your concept art has been very helpful.

another thing you can do to help is make some concept art of how you think the pirate fort walls should look like.

now I have seen the fort walls in your other concept art but I need a closer look at the walls in order to achieve best detail.

and I need to know what the front and backside of the walls should look like.

• MasonMason Senior
    One tip I suggest is make the fort look like it wasn't made in hammer, make it look smooth and ragged, maybe even dipslacements for the walls. I guess I could try to show you what I mean. I'll get some screenshots in an hour.
  • edited 9:52PM
    QUOTE (ZinuX @ Oct 7 2009, 06:00 PM) »
    We need more people willing to participate, otherwise it would just be a map made by a 2 or so people.
    A prop/texture artist would be nice, but not necessary.

I've got a little experience with hammer, i'm currently working on my own map wink.gif
    If you really can't find someone, i'm still available.
  • JasherJasher Senior
    ok I have given the ManOfWar a small job to do.
  • Gez the HealerGez the Healer Amuwau! Senior
    I'd like to see more rooftops in maps that skirmy and archy can use effectively smile.gif

DO EET!
    that would be the square parts of the wall, the cliff passageways, as the map is going to be small, and the center house.
    So? :3

How is it?
  • JasherJasher Senior
    Umm I am still waiting for Zinux to get done with the displacement work and the Man of War failed in his job witch was to create a brush based lookout tower.

and Mason told me he was going to show me a detailed wall of some sort but never did.

so the project is basically dead until Zinux is done with the displacements.
  • ZinuXZinuX Mutated Walrus Hamster Members, Beta Tester
    edited November 2009
    I'm sorry guys, I am really busy. It would be better if someone else did the job.
    Stupid school...
    dragonattacksig04.pngrage.jpg
  • JasherJasher Senior
    QUOTE (ZinuX @ Nov 11 2009, 04:05 PM) »
    I'm sorry guys, I am really busy. It would be better if someone else did the job.
    Stupid school...

I was afraid this was gonna happen.

so basically this project is dead dead.

perhaps in the future if I get back into mapping I can finish the map myself.