edited 3:16AM
    Lol, again the same mistake
    dragonattacksig04.pngrage.jpg
  • PLAYLIFEPLAYLIFE Senior
    Just wanted to say the progress looks great. smile.gif
  • Shadowex3Shadowex3 ѺϡϟᐝᕔᙰᔒѪҨ Senior
    edited March 2009
    I know it's a bit late for some things but for reference here's some easy schematics on gothic archtecture:

Think of a buttress as basically the load-bearing chunk of what used to be wall left standing while the rest of the wall was knocked out to make room for windows. Gameplaywise they could make a reasonable extension to the roofs as a way to get up or down safely, or a safe spot for archers if the church is going to belong to the knights.
  • niknakniknak Authorized Creator, Senior
    28.2 : i could hardly do any work, i did some improovments on the lightning, but not that much. i somehow cant find the texture used in pvk_cathedral which is used for the large windows (if it is jahhur's cathedralwindow texture then i am doing something wrong).

@Shadowex3: building an epic gothic cathedral is something way too big for this small map. pvk_cathedral does not feature much authentic architecture, there is more in my small church. if i could i would include all details in my church, but it is simply too small. i have been to many gothic cathedrals including the one in the last picture wink.gif. i like two other pictures they are really nice. i think you should post them in the mapping inspiration thread. i will also redesign the roof, so expect a new fancy look.

archersig_niknak.png spacer.gif

• JahhurJahhur PVKII Team
    Cathwindow is the name of the texture used in cathedral. You also need to add and build cubemaps to make it look all nice and shiny.
    i am feeling pretty sick at the moment and i need to focus my energy on school as this is my last year, thats why i couldnt do much mapping lately . i hope ill be able to finish the map in time as school will get even busier and i will be on holiday duing easter. i did make the church taller and it looks better now, the roof is also undergoing changes. expect new screenshots on saturday.

• Scurvy BobScurvy Bob senior
    QUOTE (niknak @ Mar 4 2009, 11:02 PM) »
    i am feeling pretty sick at the moment and i need to focus my energy on school as this is my last year, thats why i couldnt do much mapping lately . i hope ill be able to finish the map in time as school will get even busier and i will be on holiday duing easter.

School sucks :/

I hope you can finish map until the deadline.
    Would be pretty sad if not cause it looks really great.

• BrigandSkunkBrigandSkunk Senior
    i hope isn't something serious, you must get better so you can handle with both things the mapping competition and school
  • schatzmeisterschatzmeister PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    QUOTE (BrigandSkunk @ Mar 4 2009, 05:39 PM) »
    i hope isn't something serious, you must get better so you can handle with both things the mapping competition and school

Exactly in that order <.<

Will Turner: You didn't beat me. You ignored the rules of engagement. In a fair fight, I'd kill you.
    Jack Sparrow: That's not much incentive for me to fight fair, then, is it?

unfortunately school is consuming all my energy at the moment and that wont change untill easter so this map will probably not be finisched in time sad.gif

the yellow smilie is me, the brown one is school: icon_zombieglomp.gif . this explains pretty much what is happening with my brain right now.

• ZinuXZinuX Mutated Walrus Hamster Members, Beta Tester
    School isn't anymore what it suposes to be sad.gif
    They don't make your brain smarter, but only angry

icon_restless.gif
    dragonattacksig04.pngrage.jpg
  • SkuzzlebuttSkuzzlebutt Buttskuzzle Senior
    thats bad =/
    but i know what your talking about niknak tongue.gif
    but maybe you will find some time to make it almost finished since its a nice map
    A Signature
  • JervanJervan Senior
    I can definetely understand the school priority thing ._.

My dreams of being a footballer were shattered </3 tongue.gif
  • BrigandSkunkBrigandSkunk Senior
    I found these interesting light effects in this picture, the dark side.
  • edited 3:16AM
    http://mrcrowley1.deviantart.com/art/Wizar...ortion-82887261
    i think this painting has to go up on the wall
    it looks like something that would go up there
This discussion has been closed.