Competition, Interview and More!

CrazytalkCrazytalk TerminatorPVKII Team

Our first ever mapping competition (Sponsored by Noesis Interactive) is well underway! We've already seen some great screenshots of maps in the making and are looking forward to getting to play some of them as the contest draws to a close in April.
I highly recommend you check out all 15!
Of course, this wouldn't be possible without the great prizes provided by Noesis Interactive. They've got some amazing DVDs on everything from 3dsMax to Vehicle Scripting in Source. For more great products, Visit their site!

I recently sat down with Gez the Healer over at Modscene Musings for an interview on PVKII and 2.3.

GtH: Tell me about……the Gestir!
CT:The Gestir is our bad ass new Viking class! He’s sporting a long Spear for thrusting, a handful of Javelins for impaling and a Langseaxe/Shield for peeling apples.

They've got some cool 2.3 media to showcase with the interview, you should check it out here!

In other news, the t-shirts showcased for the competition are now on sale for everyone! As it stands now, we have the Viking's "You are no man!" in t-shirt form as well as a few other goodies including mugs and thongs smile.gif
If you're interested in showing the world just how much they pale in comparison to your manliness, Let them Know!

Stay tuned this weekend, we'll be releasing some info on 2.3 and the new Orange Box features we've been working hard on! Here's a little sneak preview:

As always, be sure to stop by our forums and join our Official Game Group on Steam!

badass.jpg

Comments

• LordTrilobiteLordTrilobite Baron Grunwald disapproves. Senior
    edited 7:23AM
    Epic.
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
  • JanrokJanrok Senior
    This is indeed epic, the berserker looks hilarious!
  • niknakniknak Authorized Creator, Senior
    edited February 2009
    nice to get some news for 2.3 unluckyly i did not manage to finish the church's lightning in time but here is the link to the new pictures: http://forums.pvkii.com/index.php?showtopi...mp;#entry154816

ps: imo the older balck and white t-shirt loked better, it had a more of a classical look

archersig_niknak.png spacer.gif

• Sir StalwartSir Stalwart Senior
    Thanks for the news! I think this mapping competition was an excellent idea, as I like custom maps and a little incentive doesn't hurt now, does it?
    A real warrior isn't unafraid, he is afraid to show it.
  • .sverek.sverek PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    Sexy! Glad to see new maps, hope to play them as well as official ones in 2.3 smile.gif

Good Luck, mappers!
  • Banjo BoyBanjo Boy Pickin' to Beat the Devil PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    QUOTE (sverek @ Feb 24 2009, 03:42 AM) »
    Sexy!

You can say that again
  • SnifflesSniffles Senior
    Freaking hell yeah
  • CrazytalkCrazytalk Terminator PVKII Team
    I've got a thong being delivered now, when I get it I'll be modeling it for everyone.
    Hope you all don't mind hairy thighs!

badass.jpg

• schatzmeisterschatzmeister PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    I want to see a thong/shirt with "I will feast on your boner" on it!!

Will Turner: You didn't beat me. You ignored the rules of engagement. In a fair fight, I'd kill you.
    Jack Sparrow: That's not much incentive for me to fight fair, then, is it?

• OpethianOpethian Senior
    What the shit... the faces are way more detailed than I thought they'd be. Awesome!
  • ZinuXZinuX Mutated Walrus Hamster Members, Beta Tester
    I agree with niknak that the t-shirt looked better in black & white
    dragonattacksig04.pngrage.jpg
  • LordTrilobiteLordTrilobite Baron Grunwald disapproves. Senior
    The zerker looks better on the white shirt though, the edges look a bit odd on black.
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
  • Banjo BoyBanjo Boy Pickin' to Beat the Devil PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    If you don't like it just take the old design and make it yourself on cafepress.com, isn't that complicated at all.
  • J-coJ-co Tramp Senior
    Gez does the interview? I hope it will be at least a bit informative ;-) :-) biggrin.gif
    guitarsmallb.jpg
    I have an aristocratic smile and like to punch people
  • Teh_SuxTeh_Sux Senior
    Awesome, now we can say at least that 2.3 will come out this year.
    I have learned my lesson at last and may have a real forum signature thanks to the kind mercy of Bingo Bango
  • ZinuXZinuX Mutated Walrus Hamster Members, Beta Tester
    I think at least in comming 3 months!
    They're giving more news in these 3 weeks (or something) then in 4 months.
    That means it's comming soon!
    I'm Optimistic about it!
    LET IT COME!!
    dragonattacksig04.pngrage.jpg
  • Gez the HealerGez the Healer Amuwau! Senior
    Hay guys!

hoped you liked the interview my editor pointed out that for some weird reason it'd been linked to a japanese forum as well. None of us can read it though ->

http://dods.cn/bbs/read-htm-tid-30226.html

but there it is smile.gif
  • GazGaz Sir PVKII Team
    They got an extra piccy!
  • PeepeewilsonPeepeewilson PVKII Team
    edited February 2009
    Way to go Crazy, you really whupped HaVoK

Also, upon doing some further research it would appear PVKII has a small cult following in China. I found the steam community ID page of the guy who made that chinese board post and you can see his PVK clan group there as well.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/la9852263

Pretty neat if you ask me.

P.S. It would also appear SouljaBoy has a following in China as well? icon_bushblink.gif
  • CrazytalkCrazytalk Terminator PVKII Team
    http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?d...TrUrl=Translate

My also + PVKII development team leading figure Crazytalk steamID, and inquired the related 2.3 progress to him ......But he simply is not willing to the outside to disclose that least bit thing ~ apparents has received the FBI security training

badass.jpg

• PeepeewilsonPeepeewilson PVKII Team
    edited February 2009
    QUOTE (Crazytalk @ Feb 26 2009, 08:54 PM) »
    My also + PVKII development team leading figure Crazytalk steamID, and inquired the related 2.3 progress to him ......But he simply is not willing to the outside to disclose that least bit thing ~ apparents has received the FBI security training

LOL, he's on to you.... It's too bad he doesn't live in America so you could use your FBI status to deport him back to China. happy.gif

P.S. READ THE REPLYS!!! "Sits the Sofa", "Sits the place Bedpan"? Now I know there is a lot that is lost in translation on Babelfish but what the heck does sitting on a bedpan have to do with anything?
  • E_net4E_net4 Senior
    Goodies.
    I liked the berserker's smile. It'll be great to see the facial expressions they can produce.