2.3 and Steamworks

124»

Comments

• Ron BurgendyRon Burgendy Senior
    edited January 2009
    You guys are delaying the release of other mods by months, hurry the F*** up!
    You notice that Pirates Vikings and Knights is not listed because ITS NOT in the ClientRegistry.blob
    Valve will most likely release mods in a group like the last set and if this is the case you guys are clearly delaying the release of Dystopia and Eternal Silence by several months, Eternal Silence was aiming for a Early December release and now its mid-January. I could honestly give a S*** less about PVK (just not a fan of pure malay based combat) but when you guys plan to take your time and release your mod in the late spring theres going to be a lot of pissed off people including me. Enjoy your trip to Mexico while the rest of us wait on you.
  • LhorkanLhorkan PVKII Team, Senior
    edited 2:09AM
    Patience is a virtue. :]
    dragonattacksig03-1.png
  • J-coJ-co Tramp Senior
    Are you serious? The PvkII team has no duties to any of us or other mod teams unless they get paid by them...
    guitarsmallb.jpg
    I have an aristocratic smile and like to punch people
  • Gez the HealerGez the Healer Amuwau! Senior
    QUOTE (Ron Burgendy @ Jan 13 2009, 03:08 AM) »
    You guys are delaying the release of other mods by months, hurry the F*** up!
    You notice that Pirates Vikings and Knights is not listed because ITS NOT in the ClientRegistry.blob
    Valve will most likely release mods in a group like the last set and if this is the case you guys are clearly delaying the release of Dystopia and Eternal Silence by several months, Eternal Silence was aiming for a Early December release and now its mid-January. I could honestly give a S*** less about PVK (just not a fan of pure malay based combat) but when you guys plan to take your time and release your mod in the late spring theres going to be a lot of pissed off people including me. Enjoy your trip to Mexico while the rest of us wait on you.

Hay guy you want some cheese to go with that WHINE!?

The old CT deserves a trip to mehico so you can wait for your awful space simulator and if you take issue with that then you can delicately explore my salty balls with your tongue!

smile.gif
  • Ron BurgendyRon Burgendy Senior
    edited January 2009
    QUOTE (Gez the Healer @ Jan 13 2009, 05:03 PM) »
    ...you can wait for your awful space simulator...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZGBplCdZWY&fmt=22
  • Gez the HealerGez the Healer Amuwau! Senior
    Yes I will quite watch a shat video about how not to suck at a shat game which I played once and was so laughably bad that it made me wretch

Seriously what'd you expect to happen with your post I just want to know. Did you think;

"I KNOW! If I post saying I don't give a shit about their game I just want them to release something so I can rasterbate over my terrible space simulator then their lead dev will cancel his holiday, change all his plans for release and pump it out early just so I can play my shat space sim and cover my monitor in sticky man-goo"

What outcome were you expecting?
  • mrmongmrmong Senior
    edited January 2009
    its easy to slag of other mods but eternal silence does look like it took a lot of work to build and is arguably a much harder project than pvk2, and pvk2 is by no means perfect either it has lots of problems that just arent getting fixed fast enough.
    then again you cant just join this forum to make an accusation that doesnt really make any sense mr ron burgendy
  • pleasefpleasef Senior
    QUOTE (mrmong @ Jan 14 2009, 05:19 PM) »
    its easy to slag of other mods but eternal silence does look like it took a lot of work to build and is arguably a much harder project than pvk2, and pvk2 is by no means perfect either it has lots of problems that just arent getting fixed fast enough.

no
    REAL POLL THIS TIME
  • Hubb Jubb ManagerHubb Jubb Manager Purveyor of Hubb Jubb Juice Senior
    PVK is far more in depth than this Eternal Silence mod.

Just from watching the video, I can see all that is done is changing the various weapons in the game to PEW PEW lazersss and missiles, and giving everyone "fly mode".

The rest is just fancy UI changes and some custom maps.

PVK involves a multitude of things that manipulate the game engine to it's greatest degree.

Melee Combat, not just hack and slash, but blocking, directional attacking... everything that involves much coding and testing to ensure everything works correctly.

I could write more, but I don't feel like it.
    Hubb Jubb Manager

Serving Hubb Jubb Juice since 2002
  • mrmongmrmong Senior
    edited January 2009
    i wasnt comparing, by the videos it looks kinda alright, being able to leave your spaceship and have infantry fights going on at the same time as everything else without lag sounds pretty good for a source mod.
    i'd still rather rob booty and kill people with parrots tho
  • KolovskyKolovsky Senior
    I really want 2.3 I bet it will the best year for PVKII please finish it soon ( i hope there will be new maps biggrin.gif siege mostly) icon_catapult.gif
  • FrazzFrazz Senior
    ...what?
  • ZinuXZinuX Mutated Walrus Hamster Members, Beta Tester
    QUOTE (Kolovsky @ May 5 2009, 02:43 PM) »
    ( i hope there will be new maps biggrin.gif siege mostly) icon_catapult.gif

I think you mean that, you're hoping for a new game mode.
    That would be awesome if the developers had that for a big surprise for us.
    But I don't think so
    dragonattacksig04.pngrage.jpg
  • J-coJ-co Tramp Senior
    CT said soemthing about it, like Shhh, new gamemode , if i remember correctly. But this might still be just a joke..
    guitarsmallb.jpg
  • ZinuXZinuX Mutated Walrus Hamster Members, Beta Tester
    I remember that too, it's hopefully not a joke biggrin.gif
    dragonattacksig04.pngrage.jpg
  • Scurvy BobScurvy Bob senior
    I hope so too icon_yay.gif
    Hopefully 2.3 is ready soon.
    Hell, its about time.
  • FrazzFrazz Senior
    yeah soon it's almost been a month without any update on the news page, not even a tiny "today we tried to get rid of a bug and we totally pwnt it", which i wouldve been super happy with, seeing how i get super excited about sign of life from the pvk dev team. but i guess we just have to wait and see.
  • J-coJ-co Tramp Senior
    There have been longer periods of thirst and misery
    guitarsmallb.jpg
  • FrazzFrazz Senior
    lol oh i didnt know that, dude i joined this website before you *facepalm*. i know about the slow updates.
  • Mr. PinkMr. Pink Senior
    I think everyone is tired of waiting........ Introducing PVK II on the HL3 Engine !!!!!!! smile.gif
  • BanokBanok Senior
    THE WAIT IS STARTING TO MAKE ME SPLICE MYSELF.

there I said it.
  • J-coJ-co Tramp Senior
    QUOTE (Frazz @ May 10 2009, 08:43 PM) »
    lol oh i didnt know that, dude i joined this website before you *facepalm*. i know about the slow updates.

Post count is the only thing that matters, you know that
    guitarsmallb.jpg
  • FrazzFrazz Senior
    QUOTE (J-co @ May 12 2009, 01:43 PM) »
    Post count is the only thing that matters, you know that

i write when ive got something to say, not to spam. So what does post count tell you?
  • J-coJ-co Tramp Senior
    Funny how you tried to use sarcasm the post before but cant recognize it yourself...
    guitarsmallb.jpg
  • unnamed2unnamed2 Senior
    Good god it is awsome.GJ PVK team