That's right, everyone! Pirates, Vikings and Knights II Beta 2.2 is currently in content lock and will be released this Friday, September 12th!
Server packages will be released a day early, so get your info to me at email@example.com if you run a dedicated server.
Beta 2.2 is mainly a bug fix patch with some new features. Below I have listed a few of the new features, changes and fixes.Fixes:
- Fixed arrows sometimes pushing the enemy towards the attacker instead of pushing him away.
- Added a delay before teams can be switched again after joining a team.
- Kegs that explode after the thrower has died no longer increase the special bar.
- Fixed berserking health boost not working correctly when the player already has the health boost for holding the grail
- Fixed Blunderbuss special reload exploit.
- Fixed pickup respawn issue in deathmatch maps.
- Fixed the grail overlay being too bright/obtrusive.
- Fixed attacks doing 1.4x the normal damage against the grail holder.
- Fixed +1 death caused by autoteambalance.
- Fixed some reported client-side crashes.Additions:
- Health and armor bars now flash white when getting the instant health and armor bonus for killing the grail carrier.
- Added a hud effect when being healed by the grail.
- Added support for loading maps/mod_textures_mapname.txt for support custom map custom death notices.
- Added Parrot Naming ability. Defaults to Polly (name can be changed in multiplayer advanced options).
- Added Donator Icons.
- Added a status_pvk2 console command which prints name steamid and parrot name for each player.Balance:
- Shields now block 80% of explosion damage.
- Damage taken from perfect parry now depends on the size of the opponent's weapon.
- Made keg fuse sound audible from longer distance.
- Chest and Keg Damage from being thrown increased slightly.
- Grail is automatically transferred to the killer of the carrier if close enough.
- The player who kills the grail carrier gets instant full hp and armor.
- Halved perfect block penalty damage.
- Parrots and crows are now mortal enemies, They also do less dmg to each other so that they dont die instant contact.
- Crows now add some special when killed.
A full list of features can be found in our readme here
As always, we're looking for dedicated team members and beta testers. Feel you have what it takes? Head on over to our Forums
and let us know!