Hello, I am CrackaPolly. I am a relatively new member of the team who joined shortly after the release of version 2.0 to help with coding efforts. Anyways, with the release of version 2.1 comes a new gamemode that will put unsurpassed freedom in the way mappers handle objectives and goals for their maps. This is culminated in a new gamemode known as Objective Push. It essentially allows the mapper to have anything in essence be the goal of the particular map. This is done through a series of inputs to info_pvk that allow the mapper ultimate freedom of the gamemode.
The new gamemode is operated by a basic set of options as follows:
- AddToRoundTimer(float) : "Add time to timer in Time Based Round GameModes"
- SubtractFromRoundTimer(float) : "Subtract time from timer in Time Based Round GameModes"
- SetRoundTimer(float) : "Set the time for timer in Time Based Round GameModes"
- ForceEndRound(integer) : "Ends the round. Parameter is the team."
- SetWinnerTimeOver(integer) : "Sets the winner of an Objective Push Gamemode when the time has run out. May be used as many times throughout the round till the timer reaches 0"
The parameter options for the two win control options are:
- 2 - Pirates
- 3 - Vikings
- 4 - Knights
Other numbers will cause a Round Draw.
Finally to provide feedback to users of what their objectives are a new entity info_objective_point
was added. It has a field to specify a texture to render at its location. These can be enabled/disabled as objectives are completed and/or opened up.
Here are some examples from the map pvk_helmsdeep created by mapper Jahhur:
The whole team is surely excited to see what crazy ideas mappers can produce with these new set of tools and options.
In the map pvk_helmsdeep the objective is to destroy firstly the outer wall wall and main gate. Then the fight moves to the main door to the keep. Once the attackers reach inside it is a fight to tear, gnaw, and smash the door to the horn tower upon which the attackers must blow the horn in the deep. If the knights can hold out long enough, though, help will arrive and the attackers will fail.
And some shots of pvk_helmsdeep created by Jahhur: