[REL] Knights Templar modification

SabreSabre Senior
Skins for heavy knight, shields, banners and flags.
A texture modification for the knights, based around the Knights Templar. Best used with the default archer. HUD sprites for the shields are included.

PREVIEW IMAGES:
image image image
▲ Heavy knight.

image image
▲ Shield, using a gold Knights Templar cross.

image image
▲ Shield, using a red Knights Templar cross.

image image
▲ Banners and flags for the Knight team, based on emblems for the Knights Templar.

▲ Rather naff sprite for the Knights' timer. Couldn't get it much better, sorry.
(Click thumbnails to enlarge)

CODE
• Heavy knight skin - Sabre, using materials by the PVKII team.
• Knights' banner - Sabre
• Knights' flag - Sabre
• Red Templar cross shield - Sabre
• Knights Templar shield - Sabre
• Sprites - Sabre

Do not upload to FPSB.
Terms and conditions apply. Please view the readme for details.

DOWNLOAD HERE
"War is the continuation of politics by other means" - Karl von Clausewitz

Comments

• -Valemarr--Valemarr- The Smiting Smiter Senior
    edited 4:59AM
    Nice Very good job

I have some questions

-What program do you use to edit the maps on the shields? (to remove annoying lion shadow, scratches ,etc)
    -What website do you use to post previews of your models? (So i don't have to post screenshots that take up everyone's screen)
    That one Teutonic Knight that used to smite thee.
  • SabreSabre Senior
    edited February 2008
    I used a program called CrazyBump for the normal maps, and Photobucket for the image hosting after cropping them in Paint Shop Pro.
  • PeggPegg Senior
    that is sexy man, real sexy
  • SabreSabre Senior
    edited March 2008
    I've updated the heavy knight skin, I decided it looked better with red metal around the visor. Images and download link in the first post have been updated. Right, now I'm going to finish these Hospitallers...
  • PhobosPhobos Senior
    Really well done. Top quality skinning work. These skins should be part of the random model/skin mechanic that's coming in later versions. I assume the changing flag on the pole of the tower in desertruin got edited, too?
    [ˈfoʊ.bəs]
  • TobbeNTobbeN Senior
    Lovely work. smile.gif

But there is something i don't like. The white background on the shields, you should replace it with something more metallic/gray.
    I has a keg!
  • SabreSabre Senior
    edited March 2008
    QUOTE (Phobos @ Mar 3 2008, 05:39 PM) »
    .. I assume the changing flag on the pole of the tower in desertruin got edited, too?

You assume correctly. The only flag I missed was the team select one, and that's because I don't understand how animated VTF's work yet (Hell, I barely got that timer flag sprite up, and that's rather naff).

QUOTE (TobbeN @ Mar 3 2008, 05:56 PM) »
    ... The white background on the shields, you should replace it with something more metallic/gray.

We'll see. The backgrounds' are came out pretty much accurate to my reference pictures, but I may come back in the future and modify them like you say.