PVKII Beta 2.0 Released!

Comments

• CrazytalkCrazytalk Terminator PVKII Team
    edited 8:57PM
    Not sure what the big deal is with getting some exposure from file planet. There's already tons of people with the mod and mirrors are springing up everywhere if you check around. There's even a post in this forum with a few mirrors listed.. So I don't understand why the hate.

badass.jpg

• SquirrelSquirrel Senior
    QUOTE (alexkapi12 @ Feb 7 2008, 06:21 PM) »
    52%

People spread the word that pvkii 2.0 was released we need tons of people.

AND VOTE

i tell you. you really dont want that many players to play this game at the same time. all the servers will be full. they're are full right now.
  • xavier378xavier378 Members
    QUOTE (Shadowex3 @ Feb 8 2008, 03:34 AM) »
    Why the fuck would you do another fileplanet exclusive? PHL would report 2.0's release ANYWAY, and nobody that doesn't read PHL would care about a half-life mod.

THINK for a minute, what would you possibly benefit from advertising shoes to people with no legs? You're getting scammed. Project Valkryie, Insurgency, Fortress Forever, they all tried fileplanet exclusives and every single one of them had the same thing happen to them as happened to you during your FIRST fileplanet exclusive. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Nobody cared, nobody came, nobody plays. There's more people playing the original Team Fortress Classic than there are playing insurgency and fortress forever put together. Hell, if anything it backfired since Insurgency and Fortress Forever were both knocked offline for almost an hour by the sheer number of people lashing out at them for screwing them over with a fileplanet exclusive. FF had a SEVEN PAGE THREAD called "Don't pull an insurgency".

Think about that. Insurgency's name has become a curse word. That's how much people despise fileplanet exclusives.

And there you have it. A logical and rationally thought out explanation of why the fileplanet exclusive is a scam and provides no benefit whatsoever, and an emotional explanation of why it's dumber than adding ninjas to PVK.

Yknow, some people define insanity as doing the same thing multiple times while expecting a different result. I think that hurting yourself for no benefit twice in a row after admitting that it was a bad idea the first time fits that definition. Then again PVK was always the only mod I'd ever tolerate fileplanet for.

I almost don't have the heart to tell you that part of FP exclusives is the right to distribute links to other mirrors on the forums for your close community members. That's the real tragedy of it all. You could've had both the pointless advertising AND helped out your community.

my god, do you ever shut the FUCK UP? You are like one of those annoying dolls that you pull the string and they say the same thing over and over again.

Every one of those mods you listed is in the top 10 successful mods for Half-Life 2, so your point is fucking stupid and unsupported. I swear ive seen your bitching on like 5 websites and it's getting annoying as shit. obviously if it wasn't helpful to the mods, THEY WOULDNT WORK WITH FILEPLANET. give it up already you whiny ass loser.
  • alexkapi12alexkapi12 Senior
    good thing i dled form fileplanet before there was wait time smile.gif
  • LhorkanLhorkan PVKII Team, Senior
    edited February 2008
    QUOTE (xavier378 @ Feb 7 2008, 09:31 PM) »
    my god, do you ever shut the FUCK UP? You are like one of those annoying dolls that you pull the string and they say the same thing over and over again.

Every one of those mods you listed is in the top 10 successful mods for Half-Life 2, so your point is fucking stupid and unsupported. I swear ive seen your bitching on like 5 websites and it's getting annoying as shit. obviously if it wasn't helpful to the mods, THEY WOULDNT WORK WITH FILEPLANET. give it up already you whiny ass loser.

And that for a first post. ;o Warning increased.
    dragonattacksig03-1.png
  • Shadowex3Shadowex3 ѺϡϟᐝᕔᙰᔒѪҨ Senior
    Funny enough I'm not on 5 websites. I'm here and on the fortress forever forums and PHL and that's about it.
  • AllanonAllanon Members
    Everyone just seed... srsly smile.gif
    "Crime does pay! It pays 37 cents, a cigarette butt, and 20 centaros from the republic of Honduras which the vending machine accepts as a dime!"
  • doomdoom Senior
    I just played it, it's awesome! Although I suck at it i love playing it.

Love it when an army of huscarls attacks me and I can do the captain special.
  • GeleiaGeleia ロリコン Senior
    done finnaly! now its time to go to VALHALLA!
  • duffxduffx Members
    We dont have enough Euro Severs atm. Hard to get a slot.
  • GarreettGarreett Senior
    QUOTE (duffx @ Feb 7 2008, 10:16 PM) »
    We dont have enough Euro Severs atm. Hard to get a slot.

This is the truth.
  • Shadowex3Shadowex3 ѺϡϟᐝᕔᙰᔒѪҨ Senior
    QUOTE (doom @ Feb 7 2008, 04:21 PM) »
    I just played it, it's awesome! Although I suck at it i love playing it.

Love it when an army of huscarls attacks me and I can do the captain special.

Same, or lunging through a group of bunnyhopping archers. Both specials seem a bit iffy in connecting but it still works sometimes and when it does it's awesome.
  • JezternzJezternz Senior
    no need to get emotional xavier378.
    I have to agree with shadowex3 on some points.
    I mean look at the downloads on fp: 23,525
    (http://www.fileplanet.com/172379/170000/fileinfo/Half-Life-2---Pirates-Vikings-and-Knights-II-Beta-v2.0)
    Then look at the players playing pvk: 258
    (http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php?search=pvk&type=map)

even excluding the torrent download thats 1 person playing for every 91 people that have downloaded it. That ratio does not seem right to me. Im not argueing on whether fp exsclusive is worth it. But the download count seems a lil dodgy.

But otherwise congrat pvk on a massive download rate within the first few hours.(congrat anyway biggrin.gif)
  • lcpuchelcpuche Members
    Great, thanks dev team
    only prob is i cant use fileplanet and torrents is giving me 7 kb/s (a 11 hour wait) sad.gif
  • PineconePinecone Members
    Fuckin sweet, lm right on time. l was checking back here only once a week to find updates and now l get one of the coolest patches ever.
  • lcpuchelcpuche Members
    NVM I am saying stupid stuff now its done thanks dev team for the great effort you put into the mod
  • DoomsirenDoomsiren Senior
    i am gonna plaaaaay dis shiiiiit tomorrow maang
  • NozelNozel Senior
    edited February 2008
    Archers suck way too much when it comes to speed
  • r1esG0r1esG0 Members
    edited February 2008
    congratulations for the good work,
    the new combat system is addictive and hilarius

the new characters are good,

the new levels are masterpices, look very proffesional!

Illumination, effects are nice, and music and imageswhile on load screen are fabulous.

Despite there is 1 thing i dont like.
    I think that there are lots of times while fighting that people go bunny.
    Seriously, this game should be played on ground.

Some ppl have found a way to avoid the slower movement while charging an arrow with archer, they simply shoot and jump back,shoot and jump backshoot and jump backshoot and jump back, what is kinda annoying.

Anyways, keep up the good work, very professional!.
    The best game with first person melee system ev4!!!
    I can do tons of kills but 3 parrots and one keg stops me!

• SenkuSenku Senior
    I played it a ton today, and have to say it's a HUGE improvement over beta 1. The classes, the maps, and the combat system. Everything is so much better. You guys really have done a great job, and maybe one day, will be a real dev company making tons of money.
  • KyraxKyrax Senior
    Had a blast and i could only play for an hour.

Thanks again PVK2 team, great mod and AWESOME quality.

Mod developpers need to look at PVKii and see what kind of quality standards they should try to reach.

good job.
  • CopetCopet Senior
    I don't see why you guys don't have the patience to wait in line, its not that big of a deal, and its well worth the wait smile.gif
    user posted image
  • ChickenKingChickenKing Members
    really appreciated for this mod.. thanks a lot ))))
    I am currently addicted to the source engine
  • GeleiaGeleia ロリコン Senior
    did i said i love u for this godly game? well, i love u for this godly game!
  • Sonic7145Sonic7145 Senior
    Very nice! Congrats. to the PVK team. smile.gif
  • wingwolfwingwolf Members
    FINALLY!
    I missed this game so dam much icon_viking.gif
  • TonttuTonttu Senior
    Huzzah! icon_yay.gif

Great job guys, loving the new stuff. smile.gif
  • JanrokJanrok Senior
    One word.

Epic
  • QrushQrush Members
    This mod are THE BEST MOD EVER! It's really good. I played PVK2 Beta 1 but this is sure alot better, it's also cool to have two classes to choose from. I like the Captain the most though. smile.gif
  • EisigerEisiger Keg Whore Senior
    The production quality is okay imho and there is certainly hope for the future if you put more work into it. 2/15