PVKII Beta 2.0 Released!

Comments

• NorsemanNorseman Senior
    edited 8:32PM
    Downloading at about 450 kB/s, uploading at 100+ kB/s.. It says finished in 18 mins biggrin.gif

Looking forward to playing some PVK2 again, it's been a while. Lately I've been playing TF2 almost exclusively..

Wtf, I just dropped to 70kB download.. :angry:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" />
  • doomdoom Senior
    I don't want tons of people using my seeds!
  • alexkapi12alexkapi12 Senior
    EVERYONE DOWNLOAD FROM FILEPLANET i GET 344kb/s ITS FAST!

DONT USE TORRENT
  • FearFear Senior
    I should be done downloading soon, I will leave torrent up for other ppl biggrin.gif. Because I can't play sad.gif .
  • WafflesWaffles Senior
    I don't like you, Fileplanet.

TDR Gaming Cured my AIDs!
    79% at 200 kb/s
    QUOTE (alexkapi12 @ Feb 7 2008, 12:24 PM) »
    EVERYONE DOWNLOAD FROM FILEPLANET i GET 344kb/s ITS FAST!

DONT USE TORRENT

I'm currently at 550 kb/s with the torrent so I think I'll stay with that, thank you wink.gif
  • MasterMindMasterMind Senior
    edited February 2008
    I'm downloading via torrent and i'll seed as much as i can (i have a 100KB upload rate, but im uploading around 90KBs so i can play at the same time).
  • FearFear Senior
    QUOTE (Fear @ Feb 7 2008, 11:26 AM) »
    I should be done downloading soon, I will leave torrent up for other ppl biggrin.gif. Because I can't play sad.gif .

Nope sad.gif . My comp will die at the end of download tongue.gif .
  • RandomRandom Members
    Nice job on the release. wink.gif
  • GarreettGarreett Senior
    Don't leech! -.- .763 share ratio! WE KNOW YOU'RE OUT THERE LEECHERS!
  • JesseJesse Members
    Argh my fag brother hates it im using utorrent it takes all his internet
    and i need wait in the line for fileplanet icon_restless.gif
    DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • FearFear Senior
    I am hosting a race right now. My battery life vs. Download Time sad.gif
    i forgot that i dont have source sdk base installed... diownloading it
  • GeleiaGeleia ロリコン Senior
    waiting in queue for fileplanet... hate downloading slowly

if i download from fp faster than for torrent, ill be a seed anyway ^^
  • FearFear Senior
    QUOTE (alexkapi12 @ Feb 7 2008, 11:40 AM) »
    i forgot that i dont have source sdk base installed... diownloading it

lol That's funny, no offense. But another download wait for you.
    Mine's done, but I'll keep seeding for a few hours. I'm guessing it will be a while before there are populated servers to play on, anyway..
  • edited 8:32PM
    QUOTE (Fear @ Feb 7 2008, 03:35 PM) »
    I am hosting a race right now. My battery life vs. Download Time sad.gif

Rofl alex biggrin.gif

I'll download it this night, torrent people, please seed! smile.gif
  • CopetCopet Senior
    Phenomenal job! I don't know how I'm gonna concentrate in classes, I just wanna get home to play some more!!! biggrin.gif
    user posted image
  • newguynewguy Senior
    Definately an awesome release. Well done devs!
  • SkuzzlebuttSkuzzlebutt Buttskuzzle Senior
    gonna turn the upload lower
    make my first test rounds after install tongue.gif
    A Signature
  • GarreettGarreett Senior
    edited February 2008
    Argh! It's corrupted! It's not appearing as an install or zip file; it's just "file". sad.gif

EDIT: Phew, got it working. Stuck a .exe on the end!
  • JesseJesse Members
    edited February 2008
    W00T its done! seeya there my name's Jesse!

Edit : seeding 4 u D:
  • POONSWOGGLERPOONSWOGGLER Senior
    THX PVK2 team downloading NOWS
  • Shadowex3Shadowex3 ѺϡϟᐝᕔᙰᔒѪҨ Senior
    edited February 2008
    Why the fuck would you do another fileplanet exclusive? PHL would report 2.0's release ANYWAY, and nobody that doesn't read PHL would care about a half-life mod.

THINK for a minute, what would you possibly benefit from advertising shoes to people with no legs? You're getting scammed. Project Valkryie, Insurgency, Fortress Forever, they all tried fileplanet exclusives and every single one of them had the same thing happen to them as happened to you during your FIRST fileplanet exclusive. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Nobody cared, nobody came, nobody plays. There's more people playing the original Team Fortress Classic than there are playing insurgency and fortress forever put together. Hell, if anything it backfired since Insurgency and Fortress Forever were both knocked offline for almost an hour by the sheer number of people lashing out at them for screwing them over with a fileplanet exclusive. FF had a SEVEN PAGE THREAD called "Don't pull an insurgency".

Think about that. Insurgency's name has become a curse word. That's how much people despise fileplanet exclusives.

And there you have it. A logical and rationally thought out explanation of why the fileplanet exclusive is a scam and provides no benefit whatsoever, and an emotional explanation of why it's dumber than adding ninjas to PVK.

Yknow, some people define insanity as doing the same thing multiple times while expecting a different result. I think that hurting yourself for no benefit twice in a row after admitting that it was a bad idea the first time fits that definition. Then again PVK was always the only mod I'd ever tolerate fileplanet for.

I almost don't have the heart to tell you that part of FP exclusives is the right to distribute links to other mirrors on the forums for your close community members. That's the real tragedy of it all. You could've had both the pointless advertising AND helped out your community.
  • MahaTmAMahaTmA Senior
    edited February 2008
    Wait, so your point is...?

Fileplanet exclusives ruin mods? I think bad modmaking ruins mods. If people see a mod is bad, they won't play it, fp exclusive or not. Anyone with a problem with the FP exclusive thing can use our torrents or some of the other mirrors that have been put up (But which we are not allowed to list until 24h until release). We're 2½ hours into release and there are 22k downloads from fileplanet already. I don't see frogs falling down from the heavens, so what's the worry?

If you really HATE fileplanet exclusives with a vengeance and chocolate syrup, feel free to wait until tomorrow.
    Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.
    - Richard Feynman
  • Shadowex3Shadowex3 ѺϡϟᐝᕔᙰᔒѪҨ Senior
    edited February 2008
    First off you're allowed to list other mirros ON YOUR FORUMS, I got that one surprisingly enough from one of the PHL administrators. Secondly I didn't say FP exclusives ruin mods, I said they fuck over communities pointlessly because they offer you no benefit that a regular release wouldn't have people that want half-life mods will read planet half-life, people that don't want half-life mods won't be on planet half-life and won't give a shit when they see a little postage stamp sized blurb on the top left of their planet site of choice.

Also, those download numbers are BS. If all those thousands of people really downloaded project valkryie, insurgency, fortress forever, and your original release like the GSI guys on phl all claim then there'd be a damn sight more people playing. The sheer amount of people that they claim download those exclusive releases would result in thousands of people playing at any given time for the first week or two just by the people booting it up to play one map for 5 minutes and decide if they like it or not. Unless theres some magical IGN network clan of gamers that download mods but never install or play them, even for 3-5 minutes. If 25 thousand people download PVK and only 5% of all of them ever play a map for 5 minutes, that's still TWELVE THOUSAND people. In reality I really doubt so few people would download but not play, so the numbers would be even higher. Unless they're all taking turns to only have 50 people online at once...
  • HippoHippo Members
    edited February 2008
    QUOTE (MahaTmA @ Feb 7 2008, 07:42 PM) »
    Fileplanet exclusives ruin mods?

At this rate, there's no way in hell i'm downloading. I think many others would agree that Fileplanet is absolute shit. I could also post a picture on how the Torrent takes 23 Hours to Download, but i think everyone gets the point.
  • AmerikaAmerika Honkey Senior
    VALHALLA!

imageI love eggs!
    QUOTE (Gee Hawd @ Nov 20 2007, 11:59 AM) »
    They're all transsexuals... but you wouldn't know that, YOU FAILED THE TEST