Parry, Block, Shield

edited 6:33PM in Scripting
has any1 here coded a parry, shield or any other form of directional damage blocking for a mod of thier own perhaps?

Comments

• DoomsirenDoomsiren Senior
    edited 6:33PM
    lol you have a funny avatar
  • !Terry!Terry Members
    It's from Half Life 2, one of them resistance fighters (photoshopped?)
  • GreyfoxGreyfox Senior
    The Family Cat i think that means no.
    no he made that face with garry's mod. atleast i think
  • GreyfoxGreyfox Senior
    most likely, ah the fun you can have with that mod.
    i know. i had a entire platoon of combine execute a group of civilians who were standing on the edge of a balcony ^^ garry's mod is fun if you know how to really use it <.< i only know how to place certain npcs and and vihicles but for the rest...hell its complicated ( i think)
  • FreidFreid Senior
    That picture is from a Garrysmod comic.

That exact picture is from this issue: http://www.hlcomic.com/index.php?date=2005-09-23

It is a real good read if you are bored.
    Kicked by Console (Reason: This is Sparta).
  • Parrot of WarParrot of War Senior
    Concerned is amazing. I command everyone to watch all 204 issues right now if you haven't already.
    *Anti-Ninja Squad*
  • GreyfoxGreyfox Senior
    huh.gif wacko.gif
  • EisigerEisiger Keg Whore Senior
    What just happened here
    what should have happend?
  • Shas'o KauyonShas'o Kauyon Senior
    edited June 2007
    Do you intend to ask for a script that would allow you to activate your shield (IE: raise and keep raised), then switch primary fire to lower your shield, swing your weapon, then raise it again all in one click? (After the "shield mode" is on, mouse1 or whatever key you want can be used to attack.) If so I've been working on it but I just need to get the wait-cycles right...Got it where it sort of works but there's too little swing time and too much shield downtime, so it's a tad unwieldy. If I finish it (not sure if it's worth it due to the reason in a few moments, but it wouldn't be hard), I guess I could post it but I'm just afraid people will freak out over imbalance, since it's kind of an unfair edge in some people's opinion...

PS: In response to the last post, I think this (knowing whether or not the script exists yet) is what "should have happened"?

EDIT PPS: Now that I read more closely, it sounds like you want the literal weapon's code that allows you to block collision with another weapon. In which case there's lots of responses to that, but my inclination is to say that if you have experience with C++ it would help a lot, but if you don't it might not be easy (I can't boast much at all with it... ) I should ask, are you intending to make your own mod and/or unique weapon models, textures, etc.? That would influence the answer a lot because if you want to make your own models you'd need maya/3ds Max, and you'd probably want adobe photoshop and/or The GIMP for texturing, not to mention Visual Basic C++ (DEV C++ from Sourceforge might be viable in this case but I can't say if it's sufficient here), and I should probably stop rambling until I know exactly what you want anyways. Sorry, I get carried away with things easily...
    Uh, I'm pretty sure thefamilycat died like 4 months ago. He's not gonna be answering you, Shas'o Kauyon.
    *Anti-Ninja Squad*
    omg? how did he die blink.gif
    QUOTE (Doomsiren @ Jun 11 2007, 03:22 AM) »
    omg? how did he die blink.gif

Hell if I know, but he just stopped coming to the forums and never came back all of a sudden.
    *Anti-Ninja Squad*
    scuzbucket
  • Shas'o KauyonShas'o Kauyon Senior
    I lurk the forums constantly...I just rarely reply. Bwahahaha...*Vanishes in puff of smoke*
  • Number NineNumber Nine Senior
    QUOTE (Eisiger @ Jun 4 2007, 05:53 PM) »
    What just happened here

PVKII FORUMS HAPPENED HERE!
  • HyuukaiHyuukai Senior
    This is just pure spam?
  • AmerikaAmerika Honkey Senior
    Yes, Hyuukai. It is pure spam.
    imageI love eggs!