Holiday Troubles

Comments

• Jean LafitteJean Lafitte Senior
    edited 12:31PM
    Doesn't really matter to me, if delay by valve goes in a couple of weeks later. It's not that matter but possibly the problems rising on MOTY2009. And surely i would have made a earlier release, i suppose that people could have all the spare time to acquaint this mod and be more publicized.
    "Beware the salty dogs"
    *Grammar nazis you've been warned about Muphry's law*
  • PerceptPercept Senior
    well imma go kill myself since this patch isnt ever gonna release icon_stabhead.gif
  • F@G!F@G! Senior
    edited January 2010
    QUOTE (Lifecraver @ Jan 1 2010, 10:32 AM) »
    well imma go kill myself since this patch isnt ever gonna release icon_stabhead.gif

relax maybe it'l come out in 2012
  • BashatokoBashatoko Senior
    taking more time doesnt necessarily make a game better. if anything it sometimes makes it worse *points to Too Human*.
  • DarkhgDarkhg Senior
    QUOTE (Bashatoko @ Jan 1 2010, 08:57 AM) »
    taking more time doesnt necessarily make a game better. if anything it sometimes makes it worse *points to Too Human*.

*points at Duke Nukem Forever*
  • gubbegubbe Senior
    QUOTE (F@G! @ Jan 1 2010, 03:00 PM) »
    relax maybe it'l come out in 2012

or 3012
  • Jean LafitteJean Lafitte Senior
    QUOTE (gubbe @ Jan 2 2010, 12:04 AM) »
    or 3012

Or 2000 but the devs didnt want you to know about it.
    "Beware the salty dogs"
    *Grammar nazis you've been warned about Muphry's law*
  • BanokBanok Senior
    blaME canada

couldn't play in december anyway was on holiday but it would be cool if it managed to come out in january!
  • Trojan•CliniqueTrojan•Clinique Be precise. A lack of precision is dangerous. Senior
    Its done when its done, take your time, drink plenty of beer and enjoy yourself.
  • JoshikumakoJoshikumako Senior
    edited January 2010
    You dont want a buggy Build... I have been in thousands of those.
    Mi1zkf9.gif
  • edited 12:31PM
    Why are people blaming Valve if they didn't make this mod? It really makes no sense. Anyways I'm glad they mod has been delayed. No more glitches and crap!
  • StumpyStumpy Senior
    I really doubt they've squished any more important bugs between their original planned release date a few days back till now that they haven't already squished in the year and a half they've already had. Besides, since all they're waiting for is for Valve to add it to Steamworks, they're probably not doing much bug-squishing at all.
    i had a dream that pvk2.3 was released but the download took forever so i went outside and somebody called me clark but i didnt have much of a conversation with them, i just flew up towards a large tree branch and smashed right through it and kept going above the forest until i was out of the planet's atmosphere, then i thought "well that was fun" and i flew back to my place and and after talking to some of the folks that were there, i smashed into a fence just to destroy the whole thing, then i rebuilt the whole thing in about 2 or three seconds
    and when i woke up pvk2.3 was still not out
  • PsychePsyche Senior
    Big surprise.
  • TerrapassTerrapass Senior
    edited January 2010
    (1st 30 seconds)

Ta-daaa... It's.. it's gone!...
  • .sverek.sverek PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    Good luck on release, hope valve will not f*ck you hard.
  • JoshikumakoJoshikumako Senior
    edited January 2010
    QUOTE (Stumpy @ Jan 3 2010, 03:05 AM) »
    I really doubt they've squished any more important bugs between their original planned release date a few days back till now that they haven't already squished in the year and a half they've already had. Besides, since all they're waiting for is for Valve to add it to Steamworks, they're probably not doing much bug-squishing at all.

A Mod tests its build none stop for bugs... Why would they have beta testers for no reason smile.gif
    Mi1zkf9.gif
    I thought you said More information on the release date will be AVAILABLE SOON
    i mean at doesnt that mean there should've been more info about it a few days ago?
    how about posting a copy of an angry letter to valve for being a bunch of lazy rich assholes
    YOU GOTTA HAVE ONE BY NOW!!!
  • ZinuXZinuX Mutated Walrus Hamster Members, Beta Tester
    Soon is something quite relative, take for example the Particle effect video from march.
    It said at the end: Beta 2.3 coming soon.

So there still remains some waiting if they say soon
    dragonattacksig04.pngrage.jpg
  • F@G!F@G! Senior
    edited January 2010
    QUOTE (Wizard of Distortion @ Jan 3 2010, 06:27 AM) »
    i had a dream that pvk2.3 was released but the download took forever so i went outside and somebody called me clark but i didnt have much of a conversation with them, i just flew up towards a large tree branch and smashed right through it and kept going above the forest until i was out of the planet's atmosphere, then i thought "well that was fun" and i flew back to my place and and after talking to some of the folks that were there, i smashed into a fence just to destroy the whole thing, then i rebuilt the whole thing in about 2 or three seconds
    and when i woke up pvk2.3 was still not out

err ok lol.
  • BadGuyBadGuy Senior
    QUOTE (koddak99 @ Jan 3 2010, 09:08 AM) »
    A Mod tests its build none stop for bugs... Why would they have beta testers for no reason smile.gif

Pretty hard once it's in content lock, isn't it?
    "if you lived near me I would've drowned you in a bucket of your mothers blood" - Wolfy Snackrib
    QUOTE (Sven Svennson @ Mar 9 2010, 04:12 AM) »
    Maybe I need a break from PVK.

• F@G!F@G! Senior
    QUOTE (koddak99 @ Jan 2 2010, 09:54 PM) »
    You dont want a buggy Build... I have been in thousands of those.

No one wants a buggy build.
  • Beer_HunterBeer_Hunter Senior
    QUOTE (BadGuy @ Jan 5 2010, 10:09 AM) »
    Pretty hard once it's in content lock, isn't it?

How do you know it's in content lock?
    First beta player :D
  • Goodguy3Goodguy3 Senior
    QUOTE (Beer_Hunter @ Jan 5 2010, 01:37 PM) »
    How do you know it's in content lock?

http://forums.pvkii.com/index.php?showtopic=9629
    derp
    QUOTE (Damnstraight @ February 17 2009, 08:08 PM)
    Suck up less, or at least make it less obvious.

QUOTE (dinahCannon @ Feb 18 2010, 10:08 AM)
    If that's realistic, I'm Jesus.
    Welcome to PVK
    Prolonging
    Version
    King
    Wait 4 more years and you might get a new update. O wait valve might have Half-Life 3 created by then and it wont matter
  • RootJackRootJack Senior
    I always think it is funny when people poke nasty jabs at devs who are doing something in their spare time for free, with the idea that somehow insulting them will make things go faster. If somebody treated me like that, I think I would instead sit back and do nothing until folks started playing nice again.

The game is ready. Valve has it, and will release it soon. Having talked with, dealt with, negotiated with Valve for longer than I care to remember, they don't release things willy nilly. They tend do things to maximize the impact on their distribution service and to increase their bottom line. There is a good chance they will find a way to capitalize on the game's release. It is good for them. It is good for them game, and in the end, it is good for the game's community.

After all this waiting, the game is SO close. Once on Steam, it will be easier for the devs to release patches. So the team can release small updates, we can enjoy them, and the devs get to enjoy more instant gratification for all their hard work.

Then with frequent patches, those who enjoy stirring the pot can go back to focusing 100% of their angst on the combat system. tongue.gif

You do have to give this team credit beyond just the game itself. People get away with saying a lot of angry and hurtful things on this forum. Not a lot of folks would allow that. Kudos to the devs for thick skin.
    RootJack, Pirate Energy Drink. Fight Scurvy!
    Orange flavored Root Beer with Vanilla, Guarana,
    a full daily dose of Vitamin C, and lots of Caffeine.
    : RootJack + Facebook : : SteamJack + Facebook :
    >> Proud affiliate of Pirates, Vikings & Knights II <<
  • SageaTzaSageaTza Senior
    QUOTE (RootJack @ Jan 7 2010, 06:00 PM) »
    I always think it is funny when people poke nasty jabs at devs who are doing something in their spare time for free, with the idea that somehow insulting them will make things go faster. If somebody treated me like that, I think I would instead sit back and do nothing until folks started playing nice again.

The game is ready. Valve has it, and will release it soon. Having talked with, dealt with, negotiated with Valve for longer than I care to remember, they don't release things willy nilly. They tend do things to maximize the impact on their distribution service and to increase their bottom line. There is a good chance they will find a way to capitalize on the game's release. It is good for them. It is good for them game, and in the end, it is good for the game's community.

After all this waiting, the game is SO close. Once on Steam, it will be easier for the devs to release patches. So the team can release small updates, we can enjoy them, and the devs get to enjoy more instant gratification for all their hard work.

Then with frequent patches, those who enjoy stirring the pot can go back to focusing 100% of their angst on the combat system. tongue.gif

You do have to give this team credit beyond just the game itself. People get away with saying a lot of angry and hurtful things on this forum. Not a lot of folks would allow that. Kudos to the devs for thick skin.

Cool story bro, and yes you are right.
  • FrodogornFrodogorn Senior
    Heavy approves!
  • shorty.shorty. Senior
    edited January 2010
    IT WILL BE WORTH THE WAITING :> icon_bushblink.gif
    icon_noimageaccident.gif
    yarr.
  • HeiHei and truly did she know the name of the Kong Senior
    You all dumb, 'cept rootjack who makes a badass drink