2009 Mod of the Year

CrazytalkCrazytalk TerminatorPVKII Team
With 2010 just around the corner, Moddb has launched its annual Mod of the Year contest.

Phase 1 has begun and is a nomination phase. If you are interested in nominating your favorite mods (yes, you can nominate as many as you want), simply visit their Moddb Profile and click the "Vote Now" button!

badass.jpg

Comments

• EinEin Child Protection Services Senior
    edited 9:02PM
    9.1 community rating, nice.
  • yinzidantouyinzidantou Beta Tester, Senior
    second
  • unnamed2unnamed2 Senior
    You totally have my vote PVK biggrin.gif
  • PeepeewilsonPeepeewilson PVKII Team
    Don't nominate any other mods!
  • J-coJ-co Tramp Senior
    PVKII, Hl2:Wars and Fragout for our favourite duck here wink.gif
    guitarsmallb.jpg
    I have an aristocratic smile and like to punch people
  • AmerikaAmerika Honkey Senior
    Well, how can this mod be the mod of the year when there were no patches or updates?
    imageI love eggs!
    QUOTE (Gee Hawd @ Nov 20 2007, 11:59 AM) »
    They're all transsexuals... but you wouldn't know that, YOU FAILED THE TEST

• ZizarZizar Senior
    QUOTE (Amerika @ Dec 22 2009, 06:15 PM) »
    Well, how can this mod be the mod of the year when there were no patches or updates?

^ this

will 2.3 be ready before moty phase 2 starts?

or pvk is going to be again behind those shitty zombie master and zombie panic?
    Pvk userbars made by me:

just use it on your signature if you want.
  • F@G!F@G! Senior
    edited December 2009
    I won't nominate or vote on PVK 2 as the mod of the year, unless the patch comes in THIS year.

I mean seriously its exactly the same game as a year and a half ago..
  • HeiHei and truly did she know the name of the Kong Senior
    Don't worry, you'll have enough support even without F@G! on your side
  • LlamaTrainerLlamaTrainer Senior
    It's PVKII and Median XL for me smile.gif
    "Man, you have smoked yourself RETARDED."
  • LordTrilobiteLordTrilobite Baron Grunwald disapproves. Senior
    QUOTE (Amerika @ Dec 22 2009, 06:15 PM) »

The year isn't over yet!

YOU ARE NO MAN! VOTE FOR PVKII!

RAGE!
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
  • F@G!F@G! Senior
    edited December 2009
    QUOTE (LordTrilobite @ Dec 22 2009, 10:54 PM) »
    The year isn't over yet!

So your saying they will release it in December? OK don't break this promise
  • CrackpunchCrackpunch Senior
    I check the pvk site daily for updates, when I saw something that wasn't the language update I jumped for joy thinking it would be the patch, but then I read the update. dry.gif
    trolololsig.png

Join us! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PVKANZ A group for Australians and New Zealanders
  • StumpyStumpy Senior
    edited December 2009
    Tell you what: you guys gives us the update, and then we'll vote for your game. Seems fair, considering that it hasn't technically been updated within the past year, so it wouldn't feel right voting it Mod of the Year.

Lol, the "Download Now!" button has a picture of a Gestir over it. I'd call false advertisement on that if I didn't think the update was so close to release.
  • HeiHei and truly did she know the name of the Kong Senior
    QUOTE (F@G! @ Dec 22 2009, 03:25 PM) »
    So your saying they will release it in December? OK don't break this promise

You know he's not part of the dev team, right?
  • EinEin Child Protection Services Senior
    QUOTE (F@G! @ Dec 22 2009, 11:25 PM) »
    OK don't break this promise

He never made any promise.
  • LhorkanLhorkan PVKII Team, Senior
    So the way for you guys to say thanks for the awesome patch you're about to receive is by not voting for PVKII? Way to be grateful, guys.
    dragonattacksig03-1.png
  • unnamed2unnamed2 Senior
    QUOTE (Lhorkan @ Dec 24 2009, 01:44 AM) »
    So the way for you guys to say thanks for the awesome patch you're about to receive is by not voting for PVKII? Way to be grateful, guys.

Well i am very gratefull for the pvk team their hard work will not be forgoten and by the way Pvk will be my fav mod forever and i will vote even if they don't relese it this year happy.gif (well it said 2009 in the guestir gameplay vid so they have to be sure right? unsure.gif )
  • ScrapScrap Senior
    I voted. icon_yarrpirate.gif
    user posted image
  • AmerikaAmerika Honkey Senior
    I like this mod, but unless there is an update, I don't see how it can be the mod of the year again. Just like a movie can't be movie of the year two consecutive years.
    imageI love eggs!
    QUOTE (Gee Hawd @ Nov 20 2007, 11:59 AM) »
    They're all transsexuals... but you wouldn't know that, YOU FAILED THE TEST

• Beer_HunterBeer_Hunter Senior
    QUOTE (Amerika @ Dec 23 2009, 05:50 PM) »
    I like this mod, but unless there is an update, I don't see how it can be the mod of the year again. Just like a movie can't be movie of the year two consecutive years.

Good point, I must confess.
    First beta player :D
  • F@G!F@G! Senior
    edited December 2009
    the beer hunter is always right, even when he is wrong
  • AndypAndyp Senior
    QUOTE (Zizar @ Dec 22 2009, 01:29 PM) »
    ^ this

will 2.3 be ready before moty phase 2 starts?

or pvk is going to be again behind those shitty zombie master and zombie panic?

Zombie master died ages ago, I should know I was/still am a big member on their forums. Well that is to say the dev team died who made it. The game still continues but with a vastly reduced population.

As for ZPS, its fun but their last major update wasnt anything particularly special, although I think they may be planning some more features in the future, ill have to look at this myself.
    Im voting pvk 2 simply because out of all the mods I have installed, it's the only one I still play consistently.
    Shot at 2007-06-27

Steven Segal should be the joker in the next Nolan batman film, he has the weight of many successful years of acting behind him,( well he has weight behind him at least), and I think he would do it perfectly:

"and my father turns to me and says 'why so chubby?', comes at me with the pamphlet, 'why so chubby'. Sticks the pamphlet in my mouth, 'lets put a diet on that belly of yours' aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnd........why so chubby?"
  • GeleiaGeleia ロリコン Senior
    Must I say that this is the only FPS game I play sometimes besides TF2? And I play less TF2 than PVKII...

Well, I voted for PVKII. I trust the dev team
  • mrmongmrmong Senior
    Voted. ;P
  • LhorkanLhorkan PVKII Team, Senior
    QUOTE (Amerika @ Dec 23 2009, 06:50 PM) »

You're comparing a mod to a movie?

..what?
    dragonattacksig03-1.png
  • Beer_HunterBeer_Hunter Senior
    QUOTE (Lhorkan @ Dec 24 2009, 03:51 PM) »
    You're comparing a mod to a movie?

..what?

He's obviously not, he's just trying to make his point across.

And, in all honesty, it is a very good one. I'm sure he can come up with different analogies if you'd like.
    First beta player :D
  • LordTrilobiteLordTrilobite Baron Grunwald disapproves. Senior
    Everyone who doesn't vote for PVKII is NO MAN!
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
  • GeleiaGeleia ロリコン Senior
    Vote with RAGE!
  • the uprisingthe uprising Senior
    QUOTE (Lhorkan @ Dec 23 2009, 10:44 AM) »

Its not that, this is a great game, but it just doesn't deserve to be mod of the year when compared to the competition, which updated in 2009 (or were created in 2009).

And who says we are about to receive a patch? Maybe in February, I called it.