Combat in 2.3

Comments

• Shadowex3Shadowex3 ѺϡϟᐝᕔᙰᔒѪҨ Senior
    edited 8:21PM
    Really? I was expecting him to be an unholy terror... as long as you don't attack him with ranged attacks or shove a physics object under him and screw up the timing on his scripts.
  • SevenSeven Senior
    edited July 2009
    QUOTE (lion989 @ Jul 13 2009, 03:22 AM) »
    yeah lol you dudes just cant take advice for shit. once again. you need to balls up and admit you're wrong. and as for zinux: how am i beating their asses in an unfair way? its perfectly fair tard lol. if they got GOOD at the game then they wouldnt have such a hard time now would they? :-D

but yeah keep shutting good advice down. all you guys can seem to do around here lol. tried posting something in the "Suggestions" forums but apparently people around here like to freak out and shut ideas down lol. lol once again my Suggestion in the Suggestions forums was completely out of line. i said that the sharpshooter is a STUPID addition to the pirate class because it is and youre fuckin DUMB for even making it an addition at ALL. yeah someone told me "the sharpshooter is there to weaken the enemy for the skirms and captains to run up and melee". well ive got news. skirms and captains dont just "run up and melee", they shoot you and run like little bitches all day long as it is, and youre idiotic for thinking that just because you give the team a sharpshooter, theyre gonna start using their swords.

but yeah all i see for you is getting nowhere, as seeing how you take advice and suggestions. youre not as smart as you think you are. get off your lil high horse. sure u made PVK2, and it was a big success so far. annnnnd..... great! good job man! doesnt make you special :-D . ive been playin FPS on PC since like 1998? lol ive got a decent understanding of these games. but fuck you dudes for bein such pricks :-/. improv's post was dead-on accurate, and you shut him down too lol.

have fun losing half your games population cuz of a stupid decision. and you deserve it for not looking past your own fuckin nose to see :-/

You obviously have very strong ideas about how the game should be played. I suggest you either A: contact the dev team directly instead of flaming other forum members or B: make your own mod where you would have complete control over how the game is played. No offence, but I don't think you have changed anyone's mind on the forum.
    -Seven
  • Gez the HealerGez the Healer Amuwau! Senior
    What a nice first post welcome Seven

(unless you're an alias then i retract the welcome wholeheartedly)
  • edited July 2009
    I was a little dubious on the block changes when I first read about it but it sounds like they've managed to balance it out really well (testers seem to think so)

Just happened to read this thread as i found this and I can't believe how appropriate it was - lion989: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GodModders

A God Modder is a particularly nasty variation of a Scrub or Noob, one that has been perfecting their "skills" to the point where they start to act like A God Am I, infallible in their judgment and knowing far more about whatever game they're playing than older, more experienced gamers.

a God Modder is the guy who claims that his bug exploit is a perfectly valid tactic, and whines endlessly when it's patched.

biggrin.gif
  • Slayer9112Slayer9112 Senior
    QUOTE (Assassin Teddy @ Jul 19 2009, 01:46 AM) »
    I was a little dubious on the block changes when I first read about it but it sounds like they've managed to balance it out really well (testers seem to think so)

Just happened to read this thread as i found this and I can't believe how appropriate it was - lion989: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GodModders

biggrin.gif

That quite fits Budgenthegreat's little attitude problem. Look at my thread 'Are people afraid of changes?' in PVKII Discussion.
  • unnamed2unnamed2 Senior
    Hey crazytalk i don't want to be rude but can you tell me when are you going to post the 2.3 new skirmisher moves, the new shield bashing and blocking and the spear and javelin mechanics? biggrin.gif

And i want to say that for now 2.3 rocks icon_agapirate.gif icon_viking2.gif icon_knight3.gif
  • gubbegubbe Senior
    we can except news by the end of the summer.
  • CrazytalkCrazytalk Terminator PVKII Team
    There have been quite a few combat/mechanics changed and added recently. I'll try to put something together by Tuesday.
    I just need someone to P.M. me tomorrow to remind me.
    (This should be interesting)

badass.jpg

• FrodogornFrodogorn Senior
    edited July 2009
    You are now subjected to message spam via steam friends, all of them saying "It's tuesday! I want some news!!" ( this is so predictable icon_yay.gif )
    Still, I can't wait any longer! Now that you're posting interesting news... keep it going!
    OK thanks so much smile.gif
  • ZinuXZinuX Mutated Walrus Hamster Members, Beta Tester
    Finaly news! Really curious icon_yay.gif
    dragonattacksig04.pngrage.jpg
    QUOTE (unnamed2 @ Jul 19 2009, 11:37 AM) »
    Hey crazytalk i don't want to be rude but can you tell me when are you going to post the 2.3 new skirmisher moves, the new shield bashing and blocking and the spear and javelin mechanics? biggrin.gif

And i want to say that for now 2.3 rocks icon_agapirate.gif icon_viking2.gif icon_knight3.gif

I have been authorized to inform you that in the current beta of 2.3 the Spear and Javelin operate on the principle that the pointy end goes in the other guy.
    edited July 2009
    You dont really care about your balls, do you? biggrin.gif
    edited July 2009
    I'm a beta tester for a game where Pirates, Vikings and Knights beat the shit out of each other with swords, javelins, shitting attack parrots, and kegs of gunpowder over chests full of booty. I've even played the original, can make it through colossus without dying, and remember Cow Launched. I think it's fairly reasonable to assume I won't be having much use of them, ever.

Besides, the sounds of choked back impotent fury on people's faces when I say things like that after 30mins of pestering in a pub is so worth it.
  • EinEin Child Protection Services Senior
    QUOTE (Shadowex3 @ Jul 20 2009, 03:07 AM) »
    I have been authorized to inform you that in the current beta of 2.3 the Spear and Javelin operate on the principle that the pointy end goes in the other guy.

You haven't been authorised, please proceed to the castration chamber.
    You will only feel pain for 5 seconds, but you will suffer for the rest of your life! A life without sex! xD
  • LordTrilobiteLordTrilobite Baron Grunwald disapproves. Senior
    Did I say that the berserkers can fly in 2.3? They also breathe fire now.
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
    edited July 2009
    A raged man like dragon?
    The berserker went on a quest to level up his rage level ( dragon power!)
    QUOTE (Ein @ Jul 20 2009, 03:52 PM) »
    You haven't been authorised, please proceed to the castration chamber.

You mean that authorization paper I found on my desk written in crayon wasn't actually from Akz? Aw damnit...
  • RedLunchboxRedLunchbox Senior
    QUOTE (LordTrilobite @ Jul 20 2009, 06:01 PM) »
    Did I say that the berserkers can fly in 2.3? They also breathe fire now.

PVK IS RUINED FOREVER.
    edited July 2009
    Nah, he really meant that dragons can fly and breathe fire
  • Sir StalwartSir Stalwart Senior
    Oh yeah... Dragon attack!
    A real warrior isn't unafraid, he is afraid to show it.
    It is Wednesday and still no news.I know you are working on it smile.gif but pls hurry i can't wait any more sad.gif .I am sure other people can't wait too.
    QUOTE (Frodogorn @ Jul 22 2009, 12:28 AM) »
    Nah, he really meant that dragons can fly and breathe fire

No I meant the berserkers. The "You are no man!" taunt also makes people melt now btw.
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
    QUOTE (LordTrilobite @ Jul 22 2009, 01:38 PM) »
    No I meant the berserkers. The "You are no man!" taunt also makes people melt now btw.

Does "Odin bids us pace" make you go faster then light, so you are able to go back in time?
    Yes.
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
  • Lord ScrotumLord Scrotum Senior
    QUOTE (Crazytalk @ Jul 19 2009, 06:07 PM) »
    There have been quite a few combat/mechanics changed and added recently. I'll try to put something together by Tuesday.
    I just need someone to P.M. me tomorrow to remind me.
    (This should be interesting)

Are we nearly there yet
    Are we nearly there yet
    Are we nearly there yet
  • CrazytalkCrazytalk Terminator PVKII Team
    Since you guys have been so patient, I'll give you a little teaser shot:

http://www.pvkii.com/newsJuly212009/blunderbusspushback.jpg

The news post will have to wait until I get off work today, my apologies!

badass.jpg

If I see it right, then we have in 2.3 blood splatter on the screen too. icon_yay.gif
  • Scurvy BobScurvy Bob senior
    well well well what do you think you're doing?

Hahahaha