Combat in 2.3

Comments

• Shadowex3Shadowex3 ѺϡϟᐝᕔᙰᔒѪҨ Senior
    edited 8:20PM
    Counterpost is my edited original post. Like I said, read more than just the one page.
  • edited 8:20PM
    no i'm not talking about balance or whatev.

in that Boundaries of Playing to Win section he talks about stuff that even non-scrubs think is unfair because of that stuff you edited in but nothing in that section suggests that he would call someone who disagrees a scrub

somehow you got from "a player who is handicapped by self-imposed rules that the game knows nothing about" to "someone who has bad opinions about game balance"
  • eggzoreggzor Senior
    fitr rocks it out
  • J-coJ-co Tramp Senior
    All that i can tell is, that i'm still better in 2.2 than in 2.3. The older tester just kick my ass and i feel like a beginner. So you still have to be good at this game. And believe me, smashing mouse 2 was the first thing i've tried and i failed epically...
    guitarsmallb.jpg
    I have an aristocratic smile and like to punch people
  • niknakniknak Authorized Creator, Senior
    yeah, in 2.3 blocking enemy is not the first thing you think about while entering a fight. i played 2.2 today and kicked everybody's asses hard, but in 2.3 i get my ass kicked.

archersig_niknak.png spacer.gif

• ZinuXZinuX Mutated Walrus Hamster Members, Beta Tester
    edited July 2009
    But do you both actually like the system, and think it is a good step to make an autoblock able for beginners?
    (This question is to make things even more clear for the sceptical people)
    dragonattacksig04.pngrage.jpg
  • niknakniknak Authorized Creator, Senior
    edited July 2009
    it is an absolute improvement. "autoblock" is not really an autoblock, you still need to press mouse2 and if you fully charge your attack you can break through a perfect block.

you just need to reas crazytalks post carefully most of the changes are explaind there:

Now, to counter-balance the increase in defensive strategy that the new blocking system allows for, we've added an incentive to those who choose to go on the offense. You are all familiar with the charge bar for weapons and how it increases damage the more charged the weapon is. Well in 2.3, a fully charged attack will also be able to go through a perfect block - eliminating the perfect parry, causing some damage and pushing the opponent back a step. The charge will not remain full for very long, there will be only a window of opportunity. This gives each weapon a timing to master, as each one has different attack speeds. Players who excel in the game right now will still be able to master techniques, but without the utter annihilation of newer players that is the current system!

this allows you to kick parry whores butts.

archersig_niknak.png spacer.gif

• lion989lion989 Senior
    yeah ya'll need to stfu and realize that PVK USED to be a SKILL-BASED game, and it wont be with automatic parrying, so stop fuckin disagreeing lol. you sound like a idiot disagreeing with the truth. you know that right? like.... you really sound retarded :-/.

now i just saw the post that autoparry will be a cvar option, which restores my faith in the game. however, you really do sound fuckin stupid by saying the new system is gonna be better lol. and no i havent played it yet, but ive HEARD all i need to. so ur also changing the engine too, making bunny-hopping impossible/stupidly difficult. sounds like another LARGE fuck up.

you know what? it cracks me up when devs cant just shut the fuck up and admit theyre wrong :-/

grow some nuts and admit youre making a bad decision lol. wow what are you 12?

auto-parry as an OPTION: the shit
    no more bunny-hopping to catch up with skirms: STILL GAY AND RETARDED lol.

stop bitching at me, im not the one who's gonna fuck this mod up.

much love. looking forward to the shitty update guys!
    SCHMOKE VEED! SUPPORT METAL MUSIC! PLAY VIDEO GAMES!
    .lion
    Damage Inc
  • lion989lion989 Senior
    OH yes! also, gotta say perfect attacks breaking through parries will be an AWESOME addition. one thing im looking forward to.
    .lion
    Damage Inc
    You do realise that repeating "I'm right and your wrong lalalala" won't actually make it true, right? Feel free to keep doing it though, I look forward to seeing you eventually stoop to racial slurs in your desperate attempts to assert your fundamental rightness and find some way to explain how everyone else is wrong purely through ad hominem.
  • JanrokJanrok Senior
    People that say perfect parrying takes skill are just lol.
  • gubbegubbe Senior
    edited July 2009
    QUOTE (lion989 @ Jul 13 2009, 12:02 AM) »
    ...so stop fuckin disagreeing lol. you sound like a idiot disagreeing with the truth. you know that right? like.... you really sound retarded :-/.

And you sound like Edison.
    Will you think of something constructive to say or take a hike.
    QUOTE (lion989 @ Jul 13 2009, 02:02 AM) »
    yeah ya'll need to stfu and realize that PVK USED to be a SKILL-BASED game, and it wont be with automatic parrying, so stop fuckin disagreeing lol. you sound like a idiot disagreeing with the truth. you know that right? like.... you really sound retarded :-/.

now i just saw the post that autoparry will be a cvar option, which restores my faith in the game. however, you really do sound fuckin stupid by saying the new system is gonna be better lol. and no i havent played it yet, but ive HEARD all i need to. so ur also changing the engine too, making bunny-hopping impossible/stupidly difficult. sounds like another LARGE fuck up.

you know what? it cracks me up when devs cant just shut the fuck up and admit theyre wrong :-/

ONOES! NOW I CANT BEAT THEIR ASSES THE WHOLE TIME, IN AN UNFAIR WAY.
    Bunnyhopping is something that shouldnt be in this mod. End of Story.

I see your next move: Flame, Flame, Flame... Find something else that is fixed, and say that it was 'the shit'... And even more stupidity
  • CrackaPollyCrackaPolly PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    QUOTE (lion989 @ Jul 12 2009, 08:02 PM) »

Bunny Hopping is not a skill, its an exploit of the way friction is handled on the player when his speed is greater than his movement speed.
  • lion989lion989 Senior
    edited July 2009
    yeah lol you dudes just cant take advice for shit. once again. you need to balls up and admit you're wrong. and as for zinux: how am i beating their asses in an unfair way? its perfectly fair tard lol. if they got GOOD at the game then they wouldnt have such a hard time now would they? :-D

but yeah keep shutting good advice down. all you guys can seem to do around here lol. tried posting something in the "Suggestions" forums but apparently people around here like to freak out and shut ideas down lol. lol once again my Suggestion in the Suggestions forums was completely out of line. i said that the sharpshooter is a STUPID addition to the pirate class because it is and youre fuckin DUMB for even making it an addition at ALL. yeah someone told me "the sharpshooter is there to weaken the enemy for the skirms and captains to run up and melee". well ive got news. skirms and captains dont just "run up and melee", they shoot you and run like little bitches all day long as it is, and youre idiotic for thinking that just because you give the team a sharpshooter, theyre gonna start using their swords.

but yeah all i see for you is getting nowhere, as seeing how you take advice and suggestions. youre not as smart as you think you are. get off your lil high horse. sure u made PVK2, and it was a big success so far. annnnnd..... great! good job man! doesnt make you special :-D . ive been playin FPS on PC since like 1998? lol ive got a decent understanding of these games. but fuck you dudes for bein such pricks :-/. improv's post was dead-on accurate, and you shut him down too lol.

have fun losing half your games population cuz of a stupid decision. and you deserve it for not looking past your own fuckin nose to see :-/
    .lion
    Damage Inc
  • lion989lion989 Senior
    edited July 2009
    QUOTE (CrackaPolly @ Jul 13 2009, 02:12 AM) »
    Bunny Hopping is not a skill, its an exploit of the way friction is handled on the player when his speed is greater than his movement speed.

....... is this dude smoking crack orrr....? yeah it takes no skill to bunnyhop man...... good luck with that.... lol

but yeah start bitching. i cant wait to start laughing at what you have to say again lol its obviously REALLY easy to make people butthurt on this forum. :-D
    .lion
    Damage Inc
  • lion989lion989 Senior
    oh yeah im really not planning on opening this forum or the game again anytime soon just because of the people that play it so if you have something to say to me you got like 30 seconds..... lol
    .lion
    Damage Inc
  • schatzmeisterschatzmeister PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    Dear Mr. lion989,

I did not bother to read your whole rant, because it appeared like utter crap to me. I would like to remind you that the devs make the game, not you, and it would be wrong for you to imply your ideas would be the only ones working, and that, if you ever played PVK, you'd know the Sharpshooter is one of the original classes and thus it is well-nigh obligatory for the team to include the Sharpshooter.

Sincerly,

a concerned forum member

P.S.: It appears to me some individuals forget that PVKII is mainly a fun mod.

Will Turner: You didn't beat me. You ignored the rules of engagement. In a fair fight, I'd kill you.
    Jack Sparrow: That's not much incentive for me to fight fair, then, is it?

QUOTE (lion989 @ Jul 13 2009, 09:22 AM) »
    have fun losing half your games population cuz of a stupid decision. and you deserve it for not looking past your own fuckin nose to see :-/

Oh, the irony...
  • EinEin Child Protection Services Senior
    Does this lion guy even speak proper english? :-/
    Nah, he's just trolling. I vote we include a statue of a man with his head up his ass in one of 2.3's maps and put "Lion989" on the nameplate.
  • lion989lion989 Senior
    omg PLEASE do i would be honored! lololol that shit cracked me up hahaha
    .lion
    Damage Inc
  • EinEin Child Protection Services Senior
    QUOTE (lion989 @ Jul 13 2009, 09:37 AM) »
    oh yeah im really not planning on opening this forum or the game again anytime soon just because of the people that play it so if you have something to say to me you got like 30 seconds..... lol

QUOTE (lion989 @ Jul 14 2009, 12:13 AM) »
    omg PLEASE do i would be honored! lololol that shit cracked me up hahaha

icon_bushblink.gif
  • amalrikamalrik Senior
    this guy laugh like a gay. He is NO MAN !
  • gubbegubbe Senior
    edited July 2009
    Dude, it doesn't matter what you are suggesting. No one will hear u. That's because you are putting out your ideas so aggressively. You haven't posted a single post in this thread where you don't (try to) insult either the creators of this mod, or other forum users. Why would anyone want to hear what you have to say; no one takes you seriously that way.
    Next time you post one of your suggestions, try and start your post something like "As a concerned player and a fan of this mod, I would like to suggest an improvement that I belive would make the gameplay more enjoyable for everybody." rather than "You fuckin noobz and DUMB fucking duck piles of bear hair are fuckin up the mod asd"

EDIT: I hope the modders don't take your insults personally, but rather listen to the opinions of the Beta Testers who have experienced the new system and know what they are talking about.
  • PeepeewilsonPeepeewilson PVKII Team
    QUOTE (lion989 @ Jul 13 2009, 03:37 AM) »

Lion if you never open this forum or game again, I hope we can still be best pals for life. Keep in touch.
  • edited 8:20PM
    QUOTE (Shadowex3 @ Jul 13 2009, 12:47 PM) »
    Nah, he's just trolling. I vote we include a statue of a man with his head up his ass in one of 2.3's maps and put "Lion989" on the nameplate.

I actually don't think he was trolling, he's just some little kid. You should see him ingame, it's almost as if its a little 12 yr old boy figuring out a fps for the first time.
    33afim8.png
  • gubbegubbe Senior
    Addition to my latest post:
    I viewed your post in the suggestions forum and I have to take back most of what I said against you in my previous post. You did put out your idea in a nice manner. However, remember that not everybody has to like your ideas. No one flamed you for your ideas, most of the opinions were simply differing from those you had. Everybody has the right to express an opinion of his/her own.
    Peace out.