Combat in 2.3

Comments

• J-coJ-co Tramp Senior
    edited 8:16PM
    One of the most important towns for viking trade is just an hour or two away from me. Haithabu.
    guitarsmallb.jpg
    I have an aristocratic smile and like to punch people
  • HarliefHarlief Baby get Shakey after school Senior
    If we have people of Viking descent in New Zealand, Holland isn't that far a stretch of the imgination
    imageimage
  • gubbegubbe Senior
    Finland, although not officially a vking country, does have certain ports Vikings made raids/trade to/with.
    esides, It's located so close to Norway, Sweden and Denmark that it could be counted to be a vking country.
    What's more; Finland wasn't an independent country back at the time of the vikings. It was a part of Sweden. Sweden being a vking country makes Finland one. Take that! ^^
  • LordTrilobiteLordTrilobite Baron Grunwald disapproves. Senior
    edited June 2009
    The nation of Sweden didn't exist in Viking times. It was founded in the early Middle Ages.
    Before that you had the Svear and the Götar (Geats in english). But that's only the southern half of Sweden, not sure about the rest though. But Finland really isn't a viking country.

Also, The southwestern most part of Sweden was in Viking times under Danish rule.
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
  • EinEin Child Protection Services Senior
    Touche, Trilobite tongue.gif
  • gubbegubbe Senior
    edited June 2009
    I respectfully disagree Trilobite;
    My point here was not whether Sweden existed at those times or not as the country it is known today.
    I'm referring to the territory:
    Signs and remains of, for example, Viking Longship construction sites have been discovered in Finland.
    If Viking boats were even partly made in Finland, it could be counted to be a co-viking country.
    How can you disagree? I merely stated historical facts that have nothing to do with a matter of opinion.
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
  • Teh_SuxTeh_Sux Senior
    Isn'T whole Europe a fucking bunch of vikings? The ones who killed Rome. Ah I know now, those aren'T vikings. Those were barbarians.
    I have learned my lesson at last and may have a real forum signature thanks to the kind mercy of Bingo Bango
    I don't remember which language it was, but viking its pretty much translated as pirate. Though this name has also pretty much been adopted for the inhabitants of Scandinavia during the start of the Middle Ages, at least in the most of Europe it's considdered part of the Middle Ages, Scandinavia doesn't count the Viking age part of it. Which is from about 800 (the raid on Lindesfarne, forgot the exact date) to 1066 (Battle of Hastings).
    The rest of Europe weren't really Vikings. Though of course they raided and mixed with the population and as some point Viking invaders took over England.
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
  • OhayOhay Senior
    I'm really interested in seeing how this system turns out. I really like the directional blocking system in 2.2, but I will admit that I am getting annoyed with all the staring contests. The only problem I'm having is that I'm unable to come up with any combat strategies for this new patch. It seems like the best strategy would be to charge your attack when youre out of range of an opponent (to avoid getting hit by a quick stab while charging) using your "unparry-able attack," and then retreating away so you can charge up again, which seems kind of like it would promote annoying-ish behavior. We'll have to wait and see, i guess. I am happy about the changes theyre making to shield bash, I've heard from some knowledgeable people that one hander+shield is going to be a much better option in 2.3 than the two hander. ohmy.gif
  • gubbegubbe Senior
    QUOTE (Ohay @ Jun 28 2009, 10:46 AM) »
    I'm really interested in seeing how this system turns out. I really like the directional blocking system in 2.2, but I will admit that I am getting annoyed with all the staring contests. The only problem I'm having is that I'm unable to come up with any combat strategies for this new patch. It seems like the best strategy would be to charge your attack when youre out of range of an opponent (to avoid getting hit by a quick stab while charging) using your "unparry-able attack," and then retreating away so you can charge up again, which seems kind of like it would promote annoying-ish behavior. We'll have to wait and see, i guess. I am happy about the changes theyre making to shield bash, I've heard from some knowledgeable people that one hander+shield is going to be a much better option in 2.3 than the two hander. ohmy.gif

Just like when Ensemble Studios released The War Chiefs expansion pack for Age of Empires 3, I tried to come up with strategies for the Native civilizations that didn't even exist yet.
    Now the Iroquois (one of the three native civs) is my main civ.
    So, let's just wait.
    Strategies will come.
  • OhayOhay Senior
    QUOTE (gubbe @ Jun 29 2009, 04:27 AM) »
    Just like when Ensemble Studios released The War Chiefs expansion pack for Age of Empires 3, I tried to come up with strategies for the Native civilizations that didn't even exist yet.
    Now the Iroquois (one of the three native civs) is my main civ.
    So, let's just wait.
    Strategies will come.

Yeah, I know. I'm just anxious. tongue.gif
  • LasseHPLasseHP Senior
    Why are all u guys so worried? Yea maybe it easyer for noobs to block so... It simply just takes ranged combat to anthoer lvl?
  • SubdueMastaSubdueMasta Senior
    Let me tell you guys a story, there was once a skirmisher, tiny and fast, he could not get hit from any other class. One day a heavy knight caught up to him and hit him, then the skirmisher lived no more. Another skirmisher later on came from a foreign land called "2.3" and his name was Skirmisher #3(tried to rhyme lol). Another HK caught up to him on another day, he attacked him with haste, but what is this? the skirmisher auto parried this! Very little damage was taken. And after that skirmisher specialed and HK died the end.

Right now i am speaking for at least 3-4 server owners and 20 people when i say that we will back up our files to play 2.2. 2.3 is just going to be bad because this game isnt GunZ. This block system is basically in gunz(auto block) but in GunZ the game is much more fast paced, while here it isn't. This game IS good and IS fast paced. I dont have to be a block whore OR be the one set up for a block whore. I attack and defend equally, and PWNNNNNN block whores because theyre retarded. This has been kept inside for so long, but just because you guys dont play the game, PLEASE don't take suggestions from a noob's perspective. Like with these new things I am sure you guys don't play this game very much OR you just got owned and are changing the system. Look dont get me wrong, this is a great game! and i love how you came up with the idea! This game is very rare and extraordinary! All it takes is just more play time and more skill, if you dont have either... well go play something like Prototype(just an example of easy game). In Prototype you can do goddam everything easily(what 2.3 is going to be like), and after a while people stopped playing Prototype because why? IT WAS TOO EASY. New players were coming in quite fast and if they liked the look of the game they stayed and learned it. Now it is just going to be another easy game that you get bored very easily from.

1 more question... people who support 2.3 either want the game easier, or are looking for new people. People who WORKED THEIR ASSES OFF to perfect parry and attack equally now get a chance to throw it all away for an easy game! NICE!

KK THANX BYE. Ill just stick with 2.2

(Not flame, just saying DONT DO THIS PLEASE)
    oh and also.. Ranged combat is probably going to stay the same mostly. But there will be a bad thing for ranged classes now too, If the HK perfect parried the attack of the viking, you still cant hit the viking because he/she will still move around pretty quick and avoid the HK to come hit you... to me that doesnt sound like a ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ for archers
  • edited 8:16PM
    QUOTE (SubdueMasta @ Jul 5 2009, 06:46 PM) »
    Let me tell you guys a story, there was once a skirmisher, tiny and fast, he could not get hit from any other class. One day a heavy knight caught up to him and hit him, then the skirmisher lived no more. Another skirmisher later on came from a foreign land called "2.3" and his name was Skirmisher #3(tried to rhyme lol). Another HK caught up to him on another day, he attacked him with haste, but what is this? the skirmisher auto parried this! Very little damage was taken. And after that skirmisher specialed and HK died the end.

Right now i am speaking for at least 3-4 server owners and 20 people when i say that we will back up our files to play 2.2. 2.3 is just going to be bad because this game isnt GunZ. This block system is basically in gunz(auto block) but in GunZ the game is much more fast paced, while here it isn't. This game IS good and IS fast paced. I dont have to be a block whore OR be the one set up for a block whore. I attack and defend equally, and PWNNNNNN block whores because theyre retarded. This has been kept inside for so long, but just because you guys dont play the game, PLEASE don't take suggestions from a noob's perspective. Like with these new things I am sure you guys don't play this game very much OR you just got owned and are changing the system. Look dont get me wrong, this is a great game! and i love how you came up with the idea! This game is very rare and extraordinary! All it takes is just more play time and more skill, if you dont have either... well go play something like Prototype(just an example of easy game). In Prototype you can do goddam everything easily(what 2.3 is going to be like), and after a while people stopped playing Prototype because why? IT WAS TOO EASY. New players were coming in quite fast and if they liked the look of the game they stayed and learned it. Now it is just going to be another easy game that you get bored very easily from.

1 more question... people who support 2.3 either want the game easier, or are looking for new people. People who WORKED THEIR ASSES OFF to perfect parry and attack equally now get a chance to throw it all away for an easy game! NICE!

Yeah thats why I am not even updating my game to 2.3. I am going to stay at 2.2 because of how easy crazy is making the game. The new game will take no skill and will be full of skims just running around and now being more OP than they are in 2.2
  • ThiefThief Senior
    edited July 2009
    Why even have a sword. Oh wait, auto-hit when fully charged. Man-at-arms will be the new heavy knight, as no one will play that anymore.. Huscarl and spearchucker will make berserker obselete. But there's delays between parries! So the fast-swinging pirates really have nothing to fear, huh.

I think Crazytalk was abused at his own game. Not knowing his own system well enough... It's okay. Really! Antiperspirants tend to aid in the sweating, especially if you are one fighting the great Thief!

Maybe.. we should incorporate dashes! Double-tap a direction, ZOOM! One step closer to GunZ Online, faggots! How about, instead of weapons, you give us pencils. 'Cause we're basically pencil fighting at this point. Even with this change, all of your pencils will break against the great Thief.
  • edited July 2009
    you're right Sub

greetz,
    HeaVeN - AboV3 icon_whistling.gif
  • Teh_SuxTeh_Sux Senior
    QUOTE (SubdueMasta @ Jul 5 2009, 01:46 PM) »

Let me tell you a story, there was once a member, he made a long post. It was a pretty long post. Then, most of the internet population didn't read a word about it.
    I have learned my lesson at last and may have a real forum signature thanks to the kind mercy of Bingo Bango
  • J-coJ-co Tramp Senior

You will try out 2.3. If you dont like it then, go play 2.2
    guitarsmallb.jpg
    I have an aristocratic smile and like to punch people
  • SkuzzlebuttSkuzzlebutt Buttskuzzle Senior
    people are just scared of getting owned to much and losing their ultra 1337 KDR.
    Im happy when those KDR days are over >: )
    A Signature
    edited July 2009
    let me tell you another story.. 1 day you enjoyed being a f*g.

and let me tell you another thing I WILL NOT TRY 2.3. Right now PVK is my favorite game that just needs a few stiches, but when 2.3 comes out, I assure you that i will either back up my files or go play L4D or TF2. Please don't assume everyone will be like you and they will try it.

well said thief! biggrin.gif
    KDR whoring is for idiots who have nothing better to do.

It's just a game, it's not the end of the world if you die in it.
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
  • SkuzzlebuttSkuzzlebutt Buttskuzzle Senior
    We wont miss you
    I think its better to release it much faster to get rid of you
    A Signature
  • PeepeewilsonPeepeewilson PVKII Team
    If you guys aren't even willing to give 2.3 a chance, why fuss about how bad you think it's going to be? I just became a beta tester 2 days ago and got to play it today. It's really fun! And what's all this business about targetting Crazytalk? It's not HIS game, there are 20 other people who made it what it is today and what it will be tomorrow. So what did he do to deserve all of this flaming? All he did is give us some interesting news to read and inform us about the progress of the game. Before you make any more posts about how terrible the new version is going to be ask yourself a couple questions:

Do I enjoy PVK in it's current state?
    Am I older than 12?
    Who made PVK? (other than just Crazytalk.)
    Do I trust the previously mentioned people to expand on an already fantastic game and make it even better?

If you aren't retarded you should now see why all of this fuss is just a bunch of bullshit. Grow up and let these people perfect their own creation. You will probably enjoy what they produce.

"Let the flames stop"

I will give it a try for you peepeewilson
  • ZinuXZinuX Mutated Walrus Hamster Members, Beta Tester
    edited July 2009
    Edit: I just saw that after writing this post that you Subdue, want to give it a try. I'm really glad to hear that, respect for you. You can ignore what I just wrote.

Budgen, for starters, you dont have experienced the new system. So you can't say it's that easy as you say it would be.
    Secondly, just listen to the testers. They find it much more fun, and maybe you will too (if you break your promise of not testing it).
    This is allready said a lot against you guys, who presume to hate the new system. And if you refuse to listen,
    THEN STOP CRYING ABOUT IT. You guys and Parrywhores are the people who are making a lot of new players ragequit in this new system. Because you kick ass too much, the poor newbies dont stand a chanche.

If you still dont agree with me and the others, then just stop argueing here (we dont want to hear it). Feel free to ignore 2.3, we won't miss you.

dragonattacksig04.pngrage.jpg
  • gubbegubbe Senior
    Actually we will miss you.
    I so hope everybody could go and try 2.3 when it comes and enjoy it.
    I hope nothing more.
  • VengaVenga Senior
    QUOTE (gubbe @ Jul 6 2009, 09:53 AM) »
    Actually we will miss you.
    I so hope everybody could go and try 2.3 when it comes and enjoy it.
    I hope nothing more.

Qft. You don't want to lose some of the people who kept the mod from dying, just because new members are available to the community. I look forward to 2.3 a good deal.
    The venga bus is coming. :)
  • edited 8:16PM
    I think the people who want to keep playing 2.2 just enjoy beating the stuffing out of new players. Well 2.2 isn't going to be that fun for you fellas when all of the new player population goes to 2.3 =P

2.3 is probably going to be more about teamwork and strategy than 1 player with leet skills ruling the server, hopping, skipping, and spinning all over the place.