Combat in 2.3

Comments

• BanokBanok Senior
    edited 8:15PM
    QUOTE (Danne @ Jun 10 2009, 10:33 AM) »
    Little bit skeptical about the new combat system, but we just have to wait and see how it turns out in-game......

QFT

I like what they a re trying to do but not sure auto block is the right direction. but yeah lets see how it turns out first.

at this rate it will be a few years till 2.3 tho >.>
  • BanokBanok Senior
    QUOTE (Peepeewilson @ Jun 12 2009, 12:13 AM) »
    Lion, this new system will make you better at the game. Relax.

Everyone else, I had a chance to ask Crazytalk a few questions and he made the new system sound a little more reasonable than he did in the post. You need to keep in mind that 2 second stuns are no more. Even though noobs will be able to score more perfect parries, they will most likely still have trouble capitolizing on them. While the more advanced players who are familiar with instant counter attacks will. Also, it sounds to me like there is a longer delay between switching block directions so if you simply approach an enemy with an attack charged, then block and switch your direction you will most likely be able to avoid being blocked. The people who wait until the last second to block will be the ones getting the most perfect parries.

Before we get all up in arms about the direction of the game we need to recognize a few things. This is not our game, we simply play it. Holding the game for ransom by saying you will no longer play it is NOT going to make them change their minds. The PVK team has never let us down before, so who are we to doubt them?

They should hire you for PR. made it sound alot better.
  • CybashootaCybashoota Senior
    Please give us a RELEASE DATE ..

Would be more exciting... CMON

icon_restless.gif icon_restless.gif icon_restless.gif
  • ZinuXZinuX Mutated Walrus Hamster Members, Beta Tester
    Here your release date:
    When the fat lady sings, aka "It's done when it's done"
    dragonattacksig04.pngrage.jpg
    We have been waiting since months and there is no information about the release the date ... Please give the fans information !!!

Come on ...

When is the release please ?

In a
    month?
    week?
    day?
    hour?
    minute?
    second?

• RedLunchboxRedLunchbox Senior
    If they give us an exact release date, we will only be dissapointed when they either miss it or rush it to get it out by that release date.

I'd rather things be a little less specific.

Like:

Is it going to be released in 2009?
    okay...right

please tell us ..

June?
    July?
    August?
    September?

XDD I'LL GO CRAZY IF I DONT GO CRAZY TONIGHT
  • EinEin Child Protection Services Senior
    I don't think alot of people in the community care for a release date, let the devs do their job good.

As Zinux said, when the fat lady sings.
  • edited 8:15PM
    I'm excited about the new system. Manual directional parrying was new for all of us at first, but became second nature. A no-stun and full charge parry break system would definetely fix the problem of staring contests slowing down PVK. However new players untrained in parrying stand little-to-no chance against an experienced players. I think this new system hits two birds with one stone. Fixing the combat system and making more easy the learning curve.

I can see how people would think instead of a parry fest, the game would become a "full-charge" fest. If people jump into 2.3 playing defensively, then yes. The counter-strategy to that would be a fully-charged attack. Against someone trying to use the "full-charge" I can imagine the strategy would be to start hitting him with faster attacks, forcing him to parry, and then you can prepare YOUR charge when he goes on the defensive.

I'm curious though if taking damage would cancel or restart your weapon's charge.

I can't wait to try it, is 2.3 going to be released with before the sniper and man-at-arms?
    * sigh * only Gestir, other classes will be implemented when ready / in smaller update
  • BanokBanok Senior
    they should at least give us an very approximate date like say Q4 2009. less disapointing if they miss it than thinking its sooner and checking here so often for no reason.
  • BanokBanok Senior
    edited June 2009
    Double post mofo
  • cakelizardcakelizard Senior
    whats to stop players from just fully charging their attacks all the time?
  • schatzmeisterschatzmeister PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    QUOTE (cakelizard @ Jun 18 2009, 06:24 AM) »
    whats to stop players from just fully charging their attacks all the time?

Nothing but the small window your weapon stays fully charged. And it costs a lot of time to charge it. So it's all about timing your attack correctly.

Will Turner: You didn't beat me. You ignored the rules of engagement. In a fair fight, I'd kill you.
    Jack Sparrow: That's not much incentive for me to fight fair, then, is it?

And if you charge your attack, the enemy could give a quick slash, and then trying to dodge.
    QUOTE (Banok @ Jun 18 2009, 12:50 AM) »
    they should at least give us an very approximate date like say Q4 2009. less disapointing if they miss it than thinking its sooner and checking here so often for no reason.

Totally agree with u .... happy.gif
  • Teh_SuxTeh_Sux Senior
    This is why you don't give release dates.
    http://forums.pvkii.com/index.php?showtopic=5708
    I have learned my lesson at last and may have a real forum signature thanks to the kind mercy of Bingo Bango
  • gubbegubbe Senior
    I wish I was playing it right now *drawls*
  • KolovskyKolovsky Senior
    edited June 2009
    Well I dont like the idea fully I do LOVE the Defense System and the attack system. But i hope this will be better. Plus i hope That no glitches will be there or Killing glitches whatever
    icon_agapirate.gif Pirates FTW
  • gubbegubbe Senior
    yarr I love the pirates!
  • TerrapassTerrapass Senior
    QUOTE (gubbe @ Jun 22 2009, 10:37 AM) »
    yarr I love the pirates!

Copyrighted © 2009
  • M1ghtym1ckM1ghtym1ck Senior
    I hope they bring 2.3 before 21 december 2012.
    I want to play it before the magnetic polars shift and we all die!
    ATI Sux
    Death? 2012? Sign me up!
  • PhoBoTaiPhoBoTai Senior
    edited June 2009
    No worry, when the polar shift, we Americans shall be at the Equator--sea level will rise sinking all know of modern technology. Then in the distance come a pirate ship, took us aboard and make us Skirmishers. It's captain then raise his cutlass set sail for North, there we arrive at a mysterious Island that occupy by a teams of knights guarding their treasures, and we've come to loot. Suddenly, sounds of battle horn blaring the air indicating the arrive of Vikings. Those blasphemies come from the West...damn Canadians
  • gubbegubbe Senior
    Canadian vikings? Hardly.
    Sign me up for the viking team; I'm from Finland, I am.
    The Vikings are the European survivors!
    I'm Dutch, I should be a viking as well me thinks.
  • lillemakkenlillemakken Senior, senior
    Dutchies was not Vikings. Sorry Hyde biggrin.gif. But me, on the other hand, that live in Norway, have the blood of my Viking ancestors in the veins. smile.gif
    According to pvkii.com/forums,
    - Reaching enemies beyond your weapon model isn't a problem(you're just bad at dodging!)
    - Archer isn't overpowered
    - Higher post count is equivalent to higher skill, experience and knowledge in-game
  • edited 8:15PM
    Not Dangerous till the End smile.gif
  • LordTrilobiteLordTrilobite Baron Grunwald disapproves. Senior
    QUOTE (lillemakken @ Jun 23 2009, 03:51 PM) »
    Dutchies was not Vikings. Sorry Hyde biggrin.gif. But me, on the other hand, that live in Norway, have the blood of my Viking ancestors in the veins. smile.gif

Vikings invaded Holland too, it's possible for Dutch to be decended from viking raiders, however small a chance.
    dragonattack_sig.jpg