pvk_Overlord

kow75kow75 Senior
edited December 2013 in Community Maps
Play Testing tw_overlord_blood and dm_overlord_blood. Report all bugs, tweaks, comments and fixes here.
Omega Test version blood, Both versions of the map are in the same download.

overlord_blood

th_b5_2.jpgth_b5_3.jpgth_b5_4.jpg

LINK UP
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_G30dvMBcHoTExWajBndW12ZHM/edit?usp=sharing

The Overlord (Episode 1)

Battle to escape the realm of an evil empire. Where giants once roamed this world and where ruled by a medieval tyrant. The dark lord named "Overlord" has past away from these lands and the fight has began a new aria of epic battle for the right to capture the thrown and pronounce your self as "The Overlord."

The lands have been plundered again and again by Vikings looking to expand there lands. The knights of the overlord are still faithful to there now deiced overlord and swear an oath to defend his lands at all cost. For one day he should return and reclaim his thrown.

In his days as overlord he was known for starving his people to near death in his dungeons and those who survived. Got the gift of safe passage threw his lands. Now that the lord is dead those remaining survivors(pirates) will need to fight there way out. Plunder the royal treasury and escape to freedom on the evil flag ship. Kept in the outer caves.

Will the Pirates escape to freedom?
Will the viking claim these lands?
Will the knights keep there oath?

(We will see)

Objective

Death Match
Just find and kill each other.

Trinket Wars
Find your teams Trinket and protect it with your life.

(Hints)
Kights grail in the pirates spawn.
Viking horn in the thrown room.
Pirats grog on the platform behind the ship in the ship yard.

Comments

• kow75kow75 Senior
    edited 12:54PM
    link fixed, there is a scheduled beta test today on the server. You can join if you want. Just make sure you have the latest version of the map. Pre-downloaded from here.
  • kow75kow75 Senior
    edited June 2009
    Every one loves updates. So here's the resent progress on Overlord. This is the BLOOD update.
    There's still loads of work on this map and a new ending to be released after the 2.3 patch. but, while we wait for that. The map has more depth, detail and is more balanced. Here's a few photos of some of the small changes. The pix are a bit out of focus and don't do the map justest. You will have to wait and see it in real when its released.

• -AOD- Bruce Campbell-AOD- Bruce Campbell Authorized Creator, Senior
    Lookin' badass man, I'll have more of an actual post once I get some time to look it over. Keep up the good work
    image-1.gif
  • kow75kow75 Senior
    edited June 2009
    I finally got around to finishing up all the model work for the map.

Here are the last models.

The dun_door texture is place holder.

Sky box Towers

Dun Door

The Griffin/Gargoyle
    Modified from the Asia lion statue this model adds coolness to the thrown.

Next is a bit of new textures for the map and then a few balancing beta test.
  • J-coJ-co Tramp Senior
    I like
    guitarsmallb.jpg
    I have an aristocratic smile and like to punch people
  • HarliefHarlief Baby get Shakey after school Senior
    That is masterful. It'd work great in overlord with glowing eyes.
    imageimage
  • ZinuXZinuX Mutated Walrus Hamster Members, Beta Tester
    Nice
    dragonattacksig04.pngrage.jpg
  • AmerikaAmerika Honkey Senior
    OMG AWESOME.
    imageI love eggs!
    QUOTE (Gee Hawd @ Nov 20 2007, 11:59 AM) »
    They're all transsexuals... but you wouldn't know that, YOU FAILED THE TEST

• kow75kow75 Senior
    Heres a few teasers on the latest updates.

The towers have changed to there final design and are in game looking fabulous.

This photo is what the last objective is now. Teams will have to fight over this ladder and climb it to the top to win the round.
    Its not as easy as it sounds because this is more like a ramp then a ladder. It has to be cranked to a 45 degree angle before you will be able to climb it. this room is still (WIP)

Other minor changes is the team flags have been replaced by color coated team objective icons.
    Red for Pirates, Green for Vikings and Blue for knights.

Added soundscapes

Another major change to the map is the vikings spawn area. Iv been wanting to add vegetation to the map for some time now. This area is still (WIP) but, you get an idea of what im going for here.
  • -AOD- Bruce Campbell-AOD- Bruce Campbell Authorized Creator, Senior
    Heavy on atmosphere, just the way I like it. I'd suggest using a different grass texture, the current uses a "%detail_type" called "Saints_grass" that has an error that causes the grass sprites to hover over the ground.
    image-1.gif
  • JanBananJanBanan Senior
    QUOTE (kow75 @ Jun 17 2009, 04:20 PM) »
    Heres a few teasers on the latest updates.

The towers have changed to there final design and are in game looking fabulous.

This photo is what the last objective is now. Teams will have to fight over this ladder and climb it to the top to win the round.
    Its not as easy as it sounds because this is more like a ramp then a ladder. It has to be cranked to a 45 degree angle before you will be able to climb it. this room is still (WIP)

Other minor changes is the team flags have been replaced by color coated team objective icons.
    Red for Pirates, Green for Vikings and Blue for knights.

Added soundscapes

Another major change to the map is the vikings spawn area. Iv been wanting to add vegetation to the map for some time now. This area is still (WIP) but, you get an idea of what im going for here.

Awesome man, i gotta say that even if there wasn't many competitors in the mapping comp, we still got a worthy winner. This map is together with gravedanger the only pvk map iv'e seen that has a heavy and dark athmosphere, keep up the good work man, this looks awesome
    the n00biest pirate on the seven seas
  • Sir StalwartSir Stalwart Senior
    Hey, I was on your server earlier today, and i get the no texture purple and black checkers, can i download them somewhere or something?
    A real warrior isn't unafraid, he is afraid to show it.
  • kow75kow75 Senior
    I would say. Its not worth the Download at all at this point. That version is really old. It was playable but ended to quickly and seemed a bit boring.

The new versions have a new ending and changed the balance of the map dramatically. But, however Its still being build. I'm only free to work on the map Monday-Wednesday. Which are my days off work. And usually those days Id rather do other things. So that is the reason for such slow progress on the map. but, I rather it be done right and final then. Half ass'ed and never finished.

and the map is mostly custom so for some stupid reason the server doesn't let you dl the custom crap. So it has to be done from a link in the forums.
  • kow75kow75 Senior
    Meet the new Vikings Spawn area!

The map is at ends design wise. Now its in its beta stages. For play testing and balancing test.
    The server will be password protected. Only my team at DS will be running it. Putting it threw its massive abuse. tongue.gif

Once I get all the bugs out of the map and the problems with the server downloads. All open it up to the public again for happy.
    Power trips, lol.!

I'm not showing off the final objective room ATM, cause it may change do to the play test. icon_noimageaccident.gif
  • kow75kow75 Senior
    *bump*

First post updated

PVK_Overlord_Blood

Ready for play testing objective Balancing.

Details and down load info. In First Post!!!
  • kow75kow75 Senior
    *BUMP*

play testing map today at 11:00am PST

map download link and server details in first post.
  • JasherJasher Senior
    well I have to go to work today so I won't be able to test with you. sad.gif
  • kow75kow75 Senior
    Updates to the project are listed in the first post as always.

The objectives are Obsolete, Apparently they where to confusing for your little minds, lol.
    Any ways now its territory. Capture the hovering Spire or fall to your doom.

A few more minor tweaks and maybe all have a map to play test next week.
  • MasonMason Senior
    Could you release two versions? One objective push and one territory.
  • kow75kow75 Senior
    Well, why?

do you know of any other way or have ideas to make it a better objective push?

After several play test of it with objective push.
    Even with all the sprites, game text hints and so on.
    Players still got confused on what to do.
    Ultimately not wanting to play and shortly after, ended up rage quitting.

but if any one still likes the old objective push version.
    all release that as pvk_overlord_blood - old version deemed confusing
    and territory will be pvk_overlord - this is not an easy capture map, because the map fights back, lol.
  • kow75kow75 Senior
    bump

Is there any one still interested in overlord becoming tw_

• J-coJ-co Tramp Senior
    edited March 2011
    Holy kow! Good to see you again wink.gif
    i
    I must say I never played overlord but judging from the screens TW might play out pretty well.
    guitarsmallb.jpg
  • ZinuXZinuX Mutated Walrus Hamster Members, Beta Tester
    Never thought you would come back!
    I say go for it
    dragonattacksig04.pngrage.jpg
  • kow75kow75 Senior
    I never left Just was to busy with the orion source mod to work on overlord. And lets face it the first build was confusing yet none the other game modes at the time worked with the layout. I literly was sitting on the finnal version of the map. I tryed every mode and none fit. even dm got boring. so When I get some time all try updating it to tw_ and will go from there.
  • J-coJ-co Tramp Senior
    TW has the advantage that even in a confusing map everyone knows where to got thanks to the trinket hud
    guitarsmallb.jpg
  • kow75kow75 Senior
    edited March 2011
    Has any one actully been waiting for the finnal build of this map. lol

when it was objective push it had a hud for each objective.

maybe the 1 hud in tw will make the map fun and playable.

Heres where all the old screen shots for this project where moved to.
    http://s270.photobucket.com/albums/jj112/kow75/pvk_overlord/
  • SkirmisherSkirmisher Senior
    Not to sound like a dick, but, when do you plan on releasing this map? Just been anxious over the few custom maps that have been updated and planned to be released again soon. icon_sighdinah.gif
  • TschoppoTschoppo the choppin´ Senior
    QUOTE (kow75 @ Mar 4 2011, 10:15 PM) »
    Heres where all the old screen shots for this project where moved to.
    http://s270.photobucket.com/albums/jj112/kow75/pvk_overlord/

uhmmm why are there corpulatin skeletons again?
    but cool lookin map, would like to play it

slugsig.jpg

• JabbaJabba Senior
    wow this looks awesome will it be long before it's done?
    a1ntOi0.gif?1
  • kow75kow75 Senior
    As iv said before the map is done, It just needs an objective mode that is balanced and fun. Then updated to the latest build of pvk2. And then fix any new bugs I may run into.

Other then that im actully playing with the map now. Debugging this random crash in the knights spawn room.
    Once this bug is found and fixed all have the map up.