Stats Signature

BojeroBojero Senior
edited April 2009 in PVKII Server Stats
I've made one.
Yarr, here we go! Stats from PVKSTATS.CO.UK in a signature!

Just visit http://jbnc.net/stats/!

Before everyone starts putting in their steamid and creating signatures, please keep in mind that I pay for that hosting's bandwidth so if anyone wants to host the script, contact me. wink.gif

Also, I know it ain't that pretty yet, but I focused on the functionality more than the design.. If anyone wants to contribute by designing a better background, suggest fonts, etc.. Feel free to do so.

A preview of the "Default" style can be seen in my signature.
Signature Coming Soon.

Comments

• MaydayMayday Engineering Supreme Senior
    edited 11:17PM
    this is totally awesome
  • BojeroBojero Senior
    edited April 2009
    QUOTE (Mayday @ Apr 25 2009, 10:03 PM) »
    this is totally awesome
    Thank you. smile.gif

EDIT: Thanks to my nifty quick htaccess rewriting the old url (http://jbnc.net/stats/index.php?steamid=STEAM_0:1:13732759) is the same as:

http://jbnc.net/stats/STEAM_0:1:13732759.png
    Signature Coming Soon.
  • KrogothKrogoth Senior
    Nice job, think you can make a smaller verison of it?
  • BojeroBojero Senior
    edited April 2009
    QUOTE (Krogoth @ Apr 26 2009, 12:03 AM) »
    Nice job, think you can make a smaller verison of it?

Sure, with different GFX too. What dimensions do you have in mind? I am a little busy though I might be able to get it done.

UPDATE: I have now changed the URL structure and seperated the code into different PHP files so that creating new styles for signatures will be a lot easier.
    Signature Coming Soon.
  • chillychilly Senior, Drunk and Disorderly
    QUOTE (Bojero @ Apr 26 2009, 06:28 AM) »
    Sure, with different GFX too. What dimensions do you have in mind? I am a little busy though I might be able to get it done.

Fine by me, I'll even make you a data feed so you dont have to mess about with scraping the profile.php page.
    I'll post here when I'm done.
    move along
  • BojeroBojero Senior
    edited April 2009
    QUOTE (chilly @ Apr 26 2009, 10:03 AM) »
    Fine by me, I'll even make you a data feed so you dont have to mess about with scraping the profile.php page.
    I'll post here when I'm done.

Yeah sorry to say, it took me a while to manage the parsing. biggrin.gif And XML feed would be a lot easier for me to manage.

Later I'll set up a page so that you can just put in your SteamID, select a style and it will give you code both in HTML and BBCode for you to copy and paste.
    Signature Coming Soon.
    You ok with JSON instead? (hint: json_decode() does all the work). Its more compact and nicer to work with.
    move along
  • BojeroBojero Senior
    QUOTE (chilly @ Apr 26 2009, 10:20 AM) »
    You ok with JSON instead? (hint: json_decode() does all the work). Its more compact and nicer to work with.
    I've never really worked with JSON but I'm willing to give it a try.

Also, here's another quick example sig I cooked up which took me about 10 minutes..

Signature Coming Soon.
    You've got mail. Also, you on MSN?if so pm me your addy
    move along
  • TerrapassTerrapass Senior
    That is absolutely awesome! Nice job.
  • BojeroBojero Senior
    edited April 2009
    QUOTE (L4Mageoflight @ Apr 26 2009, 11:25 AM) »
    That is absolutely awesome! Nice job.

Thank You! wink.gif

Update: The data is no longer parsed from the page's html but is now obtained using the JSON feed Chilly created.
    Signature Coming Soon.
  • KrogothKrogoth Senior
    QUOTE (Bojero @ Apr 26 2009, 04:56 AM) »
    I've never really worked with JSON but I'm willing to give it a try.

Also, here's another quick example sig I cooked up which took me about 10 minutes..

Yeah, that's perfect.
  • BojeroBojero Senior
    edited April 2009
    QUOTE (Krogoth @ Apr 26 2009, 11:36 PM) »
    Yeah, that's perfect.

Alright the code for that is the same as the other except you replace "default" with "smallblack".

Also, I'll be creating a page to generate the code by entering your SteamID and preview the different styles.. So don't worry.
    Signature Coming Soon.
  • BojeroBojero Senior
    edited April 2009
    Created a page to easily generate the code..

http://jbnc.net/stats/

Also editted the original post of the thread.
    Signature Coming Soon.
  • PeepeewilsonPeepeewilson PVKII Team
    Can I make more styles for you?
  • Rapid-FireRapid-Fire Senior
    I'll make some too, just need size details? and what ever else you want adding.
  • BojeroBojero Senior
    edited May 2009
    QUOTE (Brace @ May 1 2009, 10:28 PM) »
    I'll make some too, just need size details? and what ever else you want adding.

The size details can be anything you want.. If you're using photoshop feel free to send the PSD with dummy text for name and info (oh and font you're using).. For a complete idea of the info I can put in there's this:

http://jbnc.net/stats/json.php

Not only do I allow you to make styles, I encourage it. I'm not much of a GFX artist so, you'd be helping me and the community. smile.gif

A cool idea would be to make 3 styles, one for each team then an extra style which will automatically use the background image of the team where you have the most kills. If you're a confident PHPer I can also release a template so that you can do the coding too.. ^.^
    Signature Coming Soon.
  • BojeroBojero Senior
    So, has anyone come up with any styles?
    Signature Coming Soon.
  • MaydayMayday Engineering Supreme Senior
    It would be neat if there was a picture of your most played class/team as the style. So if your most played class was the Captain, it would have the Captain model's upper half in the signature.
    edited May 2009
    I have a rough concept idea of the whole dynamic stats thing.

Here is what the three different styles would look like:

I would leave the coding up to Bojero since I know nothing of php. Depending on which team you have the most kills on is what shows up. Any feed back on the layout/size of my concept would be appreciated.

Anyone want a badass Hulk Hogan signature?

Had another simple idea:

• BojeroBojero Senior
    edited May 2009
    Those are pretty nice. Have an exam this morning, will try one out later. Of course you have to give me versions of those with no text on them and tell me what fonts you used, etc. Add me to Steam, I'll be on later. My steam username is Bojero.
    Signature Coming Soon.
  • ZinuXZinuX Mutated Walrus Hamster Members, Beta Tester
    Loving it!
    dragonattacksig04.pngrage.jpg
    edited May 2009
    I'll work on some today Bojero, you can contact me on steam.
    Yeah I added you to friends on steam as well Bojero. I'm at work for another 6 hours so I won't be able to give you my materials until later.
  • BojeroBojero Senior
    edited May 2009
    QUOTE (Peepeewilson @ May 4 2009, 05:03 PM) »
    Yeah I added you to friends on steam as well Bojero. I'm at work for another 6 hours so I won't be able to give you my materials until later.

I'm about to go out anyway. Later wink.gif I like how one of the styles you made is for your PVKII server. Someone should make one for Island Party! ^.^
    Signature Coming Soon.
    QUOTE (Bojero @ May 4 2009, 06:47 PM) »
    I'm about to go out anyway. Later wink.gif I like how one of the styles you made is for your PVKII server. Someone should make one for Island Party! ^.^

If Brace doesn't I will.
    edited May 2009
    Here are my pictures with the generated text removed.

The Dynamic Signature:

FONT DETAILS: 14 point white Calibri. You should already have it on your computer.

The Hulk Hogan Sig:

FONT DETAILS: The main content area of the sig uses 18 point red Calibri. The top area where the name will be displayed is red 36 Point Craiges Wrestlemania XIX font (LINK: http://www.tombstonemedia.com/wrestling/wwe_fonts.htm. It's the 2nd one from the bottom on that page.
    OTHER: In my design I had a picture of the vikings 2 handed axe next to favorite weapon. I thought that would be a cool little gimmick instead of just text but if it's not possible or just a pain in the ass don't worry about it.

The Scroll:

FONT DETAILS: The font I used for the stats area was 24 point Knights Quest (http://www.dafont.com/knights-quest.font ). I don't care what font you use for the players name above the line. The font you used on your original design would probably look good. The players name should be displayed above the line in the center.
  • BojeroBojero Senior
    edited May 2009
    I cannot retrieve hook kills yet, Chilly would have to add that to the feed. Started working on the Hulk Hogan one. I had to use a font size of 14pt instead of 18pt on the content for it to look right.. :S as for the weapon image, I could try that but later..
    Signature Coming Soon.
    I'll get around to it soon, i'm getting over a stinking cold at the moment!
  • BojeroBojero Senior
    I'm going to take a while with those signatures, may even be some weeks. I've got exams.. and in two weeks time they're pretty tough.
    Signature Coming Soon.