Introducing the Gestir

Comments

• leeroyleeroy Senior
    edited 11:46AM
    Very nice smile.gif
    The Gestir is gonna be my main class after the update icon_viking2.gif.
    Technoviking is your god!
  • gubbegubbe Senior
    edited April 2009
    I trust the reason for the absence of a shield is the incompleteness of the model of the Gestir class...
    Also, as mentioned before, the Gestir's skin is too dark. It's as if he was from Africa. I love African people but you can't be black and a viking at the same time.
    Obviously I'd also add to the dirtiness of his skin and tore his clothes apart a little bit to make it look like he had just engaged in close combat.
    In addition I'd add to the length of the spear... After all his spear will be what the Gestir will be known for... Of course there's the risk that Gestir becomes OP but that could be balanced out with decreased damage (against infantry) or a slower attack etc.

=
    Add the shield, Lighten and further enhance the skin and possibly the Gestir's clothes, increase the length of his spear keeping balance in mind. None of this is meant as a "diss", they are all just points I believe would make this surely-wonderful class even better. =)
    IMO

Here's a vid I made to demonstrate my ideas:
    http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/jj211/R...monstration.flv
  • LhorkanLhorkan PVKII Team, Senior
    Gest(i)r's hardly dark enough to be of African origin. He's just been in the sunlight too long, 's all.
    dragonattacksig03-1.png
  • jRocketjRocket Pixel Punisher PVKII Team
    It's a work in progress. I will be lightening the skin and dirtying the texture up, and maybe changing colors. I hadn't even given it a dirt pass. The spear already has enough clipping issues since it doesn't collide with the world, so I don't think I'll be able to lengthen it.
  • TerrapassTerrapass Senior
    I guess, spear can kill through the walls now? ph34r.gif It makes gestir realy a special class...
  • J-coJ-co Tramp Senior
    How about lifting the spear when near a wall...this would really kickass...
    guitarsmallb.jpg
    I have an aristocratic smile and like to punch people
  • gubbegubbe Senior
    That sounds like Crysis, but I like the idea =)
  • FrazzFrazz Senior
    edited April 2009
    QUOTE (J-co @ Apr 20 2009, 09:27 AM) »
    How about lifting the spear when near a wall...this would really kickass...

poor gestir gettin blocked in by a hk, and he pulls up his spear, oh boy hes screwed. icon_zombieglomp.gif

Edit: also that wouldnt work in maps like temple. even tho it is getting wider hallways (so to say). Gestir would be running around scraping the ceiling for gums with his spear.
  • FrazzFrazz Senior
    QUOTE (Lhorkan @ Apr 19 2009, 08:01 PM) »
    Gest(i)r's hardly dark enough to be of African origin. He's just been in the sunlight too long, 's all.

yes because africa is only filled with pitch black people. cmon.
  • gubbegubbe Senior
    He could be an Egyptian right now. Nice idea but might not be what you oughta be after in this case :>
  • FrazzFrazz Senior
    pirates egytians and knights? has a nice ring to it
  • HarHar Senior
    QUOTE (Frazz @ Apr 22 2009, 12:28 PM) »
    pirates egytians and knights? has a nice ring to it

"Nu tar jag dig i röven din gamla egyptier."
  • JervanJervan Senior
    PEK.
  • gubbegubbe Senior
    I've studied swedish for quite some time but I never got the hang of it

• LordTrilobiteLordTrilobite Baron Grunwald disapproves. Senior
    He said he's gonna give him an assrape.
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
  • gubbegubbe Senior
  • HarliefHarlief Baby get Shakey after school Senior
    edited April 2009
    QUOTE (Frazz @ Apr 20 2009, 11:53 PM) »
    yes because africa is only filled with pitch black people. cmon.

In terms of native population, most of them are, the rest are Indo-European migrant populations.
    QUOTE (gubbe @ Apr 24 2009, 07:49 AM) »
    I've studied swedish for quite some time but I never got the hang of it

What's your first language, I've heard Swedish has a remarkably similar sentence structure to English
    imageimage
  • gubbegubbe Senior
    QUOTE (Harlief @ Apr 24 2009, 07:40 AM) »
    In terms of native population, most of them are, the rest are Indo-European migrant populations.

What's your first language, I've heard Swedish has a remarkably similar sentence structure to English

My first language is Finnish.
    Swedish is an official language in Finland, still I have no clue. icon_bushblink.gif
    I have no choice but to move to England.
  • LordTrilobiteLordTrilobite Baron Grunwald disapproves. Senior
    Most Scandinavian is very similar to English, this is partly because England had viking kings for quite some time.
    Even the 'th' is from Old Norse originally. Icelandic is the only remaining living language which employs the original runic letter for that sound. Icelandic is also the closest nowadays to Old Norse.

Swedish, Norwegian and Danish are really a lot alike, Finnish is really a different type of language as far as I know. Danish also has loads of celtic influences.
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
  • pleasefpleasef Senior
    I - have to - go
    Jeg - m
    REAL POLL THIS TIME
  • J-coJ-co Tramp Senior
    Finnish is more related to hungarian than to any other language as far as i know..
    guitarsmallb.jpg
    I have an aristocratic smile and like to punch people
  • EinEin Child Protection Services Senior
    Swedish and Zeeuws (a dutch accent) look very similar too, I can understand Swedish pretty well and I never actually studied it.
  • HarHar Senior
    edited May 2009

Swedish, Norwegian and Danish are really a lot alike, Finnish is really a different type of language as far as I know. Danish also has loads of celtic influences.

The only norse language I know have celtic influnences are Faroe's and Norn. Danish don't have any celtic traits as far as I know.
    But danish,swedish and norwegian are full of german loan words.

Finnish is more related to hungarian than to any other language as far as i know..

1.Estonian or Karlelian are the closest related languages
    2.S
  • gubbegubbe Senior
    QUOTE (notoorjus @ Apr 24 2009, 05:54 PM) »
    I - have to - go
    Jeg - m
  • AmerikaAmerika Honkey Senior
    The wood texture for the spear looks funky, too. It seems to fresh, too bright.
    imageI love eggs!
    QUOTE (Gee Hawd @ Nov 20 2007, 11:59 AM) »
    They're all transsexuals... but you wouldn't know that, YOU FAILED THE TEST

• gubbegubbe Senior
    Nah, I'm happy with it.
  • CrackaPollyCrackaPolly PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    The problem is more-so too much texel space per pixel so there is the appearance of moire lines. It is gonna be fixed.
  • frigatefrigate Senior
    How long would it take to release without the gestir? If its only a week or 2, you might consider doing that, so you have the first small patch lined up a month from now, then maybe get into the rythym.
    Member of the one territory party. One tower in desert ruin, one head on colossus, one boat in grog boat, one horn tower in helms deep is our slogan. Obviously specials (knight) break territory style game play, so our party supports a server side and mapping option to have specials turned off.
  • .Var.Var Senior
    I think its an extremely poor business decision to have something, something people want, and not do anything with it, when will we be able to play the gestir? Are you waiting to finish the other 2 corresponding classes or are you going to release them seperatly? If together then why tell us gestir is all good to go? Been waiting for nearly 46 days now, with no update watso-ever on progress, news, or anything.
  • ZinuXZinuX Mutated Walrus Hamster Members, Beta Tester
    First: When the update will come out, the Gestir would be the only class. Next classes will be released when ready (or with updates like in TF2).

Second: They don't owe you anything! They release news or anything wheter they want. Besides there were much, much longer times without any news.

So: STFU
    dragonattacksig04.pngrage.jpg