Frequent crashes

SnorkySnorky Senior
edited 7:22AM in Bugs/Support
I can play PVKII, but it crashes randomly after a short while. It's not always the same, sometimes it just crashes to the desktop other
times it completly freezes forcing me to shut down my pc. I have tried reducing the graphics to no effect, even though my pc should be
more then able to run on full quality. And also reinstaling it, And still the same problem continues. I didn't have this problem with
my previous pc which ran PVKII fine, so I suppose the problem lies with my new computer, what that problem is however, I have no idea.

my pc specs:
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.080814-1236)
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 3326MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Sir StalwartSir Stalwart Senior
    edited 7:22AM
    When it freezes or crashes does it come up with any sort of message? My cpu is messed up pretty bad and when i start it sometimes a message shows up telling me that the program has come up witha a problem and needs to close. If I hit ok then it will exit but, if i just hit alt+tab i can play it with no trouble.
    A real warrior isn't unafraid, he is afraid to show it.
  • Senoj YevadSenoj Yevad Senior
    Its probably your video card that you forgot to list.

Back when i had a Geforce 6200 my game would crash constantly as well. It turned out to be a problem with the turbo cache memory in the card and/or the drivers i was using.

Try to update your drivers or roll them back. Also try overclocking your gpu and see if that helps at all.
  • HarliefHarlief Baby get Shakey after school Senior
    I actually have a similar problem, I've discovered it to be an overheating issue on my motherboard, not cpu or gfx card. next time it crashes, search your box for the hot-spot. But don't forget anti-static protection.
    imageimage