Simple (But newbish) question

greenlink2greenlink2 Senior
edited 3:03PM in Bugs/Support
How do I install the game to play? This is what I've currently done so far:
I've got steam installed (duh)
For games, I bought the CS:S and got the HL2: DM Installed, along with Insurgency.
I've also downloaded PVK II, but when it shows what I want to open it up with, I don't know what to do from there. I'm also downloading Source SDK: Base as I type this (97%). Help for a newb? icon_stabhead.gif

Comments

• LordTrilobiteLordTrilobite Baron Grunwald disapproves. Senior
    edited 3:03PM
    Yes, you need SDK base. once you have that you'll be able to run any Source mod.
    When you're done with that just install PVKII in "....\Steam\SteamApps\SourceMods" and it should work.
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
  • greenlink2greenlink2 Senior
    how do i install it into Steam\SteamApps\SourceMods?
    Do i click and drag the file there?
  • greenlink2greenlink2 Senior
    got a new problem, when i click the pvk file thing, when it says what do i open it with, no matter what i click, it always shows, open with pvkii._beta_client_2_2 in which when i press open, it shows the same thing that it shows when i first click the pvkii file. Also, how do i install it into the Steam/apps/mod source thing file? So frustrated right now >.<
  • wILLI wONKAwILLI wONKA Senior
    That has something to do with your "open all files with this extension with this program" thingy. Cant type right since I'm from Finland, but..

Right-Click -> Open in program -> C:\Windows\System32\setupugc.exe , if that doesn't work, I don't remember what to do, I'll try searching for help etc. And come back if I find something smile.gif

I had this once before and don't actually know how to fix it, I anyways had a virus in my PC.
    Wonka chocolate is better than secks.

QUOTE (Rock'N Roll Jesus @ Mar 21 2009, 01:43 AM) »
    The archer either gets cut into peices by the zerk, or picked off by the skirmishers. The Archer needs something more than a Toy's R Us butterknife.

• Sir StalwartSir Stalwart Senior
    Well, the download is probably in .rar format so what you need is a program such as winrar so you can open it. Then it will be an .exe, just run that and i think you are good to go. Dont forget to restart steam.
    A real warrior isn't unafraid, he is afraid to show it.