pvk_magma

pleasefpleasef Senior
edited March 2009 in Community Maps
The seven cities of gold!
MOD PLEASE CHANGE TOPIC TITLE TO "PVK_MAGMA (WORKING TITLE)"
Pvk_magma is a map with a different take at the territory gamemode.
The territory is a large platform viewable from all sides, with little cover. The idea is that this will keep the focus on attacking and defending the territory, and making teamwork more valuable (As in some taking out ranged attackers while others capture/creating a wall of shields letting the archers in the middle attack intruders).
The platform is so high that you JUST can't double jump on it, you'll have to jump from the towers to get on top of it. The overlay on it is WIP, will be changed. I'm considering adding some sort of well to the territory platform we'll see.

The ground texture is a texture I've made myself (from a vacation photo). It's a dark sand texture with small selfillumed dots of lava. The setting is in some sort of village like thing with tall wooden towers, with rivers of lava adding to the feeling of doomsday. The brushwork on the towers is pretty damn excellent by the way.
REAL POLL THIS TIME

Comments

• Sir StalwartSir Stalwart Senior
    edited 7:22AM
    Golden temples, eh? Sounds cool. What would that be the Incas or something?
    A real warrior isn't unafraid, he is afraid to show it.
  • Jean LafitteJean Lafitte Senior
    Th3 great legendary "Eldorado", i had even read those comics a long time ago. (seek wiki for better knowledge)

"Beware the salty dogs"
    *Grammar nazis you've been warned about Muphry's law*
  • pleasefpleasef Senior
    edited March 2009
    See first post, this is no longer based on the seven cities of gold, I've gone with a different more open lava-themed look.
    REAL POLL THIS TIME
  • LhorkanLhorkan PVKII Team, Senior
    Wooden towers built on embering lava? Sounds like fun! tongue.gif
    dragonattacksig03-1.png
  • HarliefHarlief Baby get Shakey after school Senior
    The fall damage to get onto the platform seems like a pain in the arse... unless you've found a way to stop it.
    imageimage
  • pleasefpleasef Senior
    QUOTE (Harlief @ Mar 15 2009, 09:24 PM) »
    The fall damage to get onto the platform seems like a pain in the arse... unless you've found a way to stop it.

I think you'll have to jump (not drop) from the highest area to actually be damaged, but I'll tweak these things a little smile.gif
    REAL POLL THIS TIME
  • edited 7:22AM
    i think the magma should surge up and down like in that one map in super smash bros n64 where you defeat samus lol!

• EisigerEisiger Keg Whore Senior
    The layout reminds me of Tribes RPG for some reason.
This discussion has been closed.