2.3 and Steamworks

Comments

• MightyLolrusMightyLolrus Senior
    edited 8:31AM
    This is when the epic battles against hordes of untrained noobs begins!

Dunno who said it but hell it will be fun! All new people flood the servers which actually will make it possible to kill a heavy knight again!

Anyway, me and my friends have been playing this mod since its first release on HL1 engine and finally valve takes notice of you guys. This mod is by far the best one out now, not only in gameplay but in a artistic way aswell.

Great job guys!
    The joy of being able to play PVK again after all this waiting!
  • edited 8:31AM
    I have been a fan of this mod since last year. After much begging and pleading by myself and a few others, our community started running a PVK2 server a few months ago.

Steamworks will likely draw a large crowd of new folks (I hope). I am really looking forward to getting more players in the game. The learning curve is kind of steep for this mod, so would the PVK hardcore please be kind to the noobs?

Also, can we have the new classes now? tongue.gif
  • JervanJervan Senior
    QUOTE (MightyLolrus @ Oct 21 2008, 02:43 PM) »
    This is when the epic battles against hordes of untrained noobs begins!

Dunno who said it but hell it will be fun!
    Was me biggrin.gif
  • -Valemarr--Valemarr- The Smiting Smiter Senior
    Gotta get those servers up once PVKII gets into Steamworks! We don't want to be waiting in line for 10 minutes to play 2.3 tongue.gif
    That one Teutonic Knight that used to smite thee.
  • MikplayeurMikplayeur Senior
    http://www.steamfriends.com/news/2813/stea...y-through-store

For fear of flood because of a large number of mods in the "not instaled game tab". It's requested now to go in the store to take mods. So already that these layabout do not have the courage to look for exeptionnel mods as PVKII and keep their cherished css. I think that it will be fewer people on PVKII server not as the invasion of the insurgency server because of this change. We'll see but a layabout remains a layabout.
  • gubbegubbe Senior
  • SkuzzlebuttSkuzzlebutt Buttskuzzle Senior
    ya we need many servers with 2.3
    i remember the first day of ZPS and oC on steamworks...
    was download for 3 hours and waited 45 mins for a server...
    A Signature
  • gubbegubbe Senior
    gotta learn to host me own servers now
    I'm liking the Holy Grail vision, looks more GOD LIKE!
    YARR!
    icon_agapirate.gif
  • frigatefrigate Senior
    one month later...
    Member of the one territory party. One tower in desert ruin, one head on colossus, one boat in grog boat, one horn tower in helms deep is our slogan. Obviously specials (knight) break territory style game play, so our party supports a server side and mapping option to have specials turned off.
  • HarliefHarlief Baby get Shakey after school Senior
    QUOTE (frigate @ Nov 17 2008, 06:29 AM) »
    one month later...

28 days after infection.
    imageimage
  • LordTrilobiteLordTrilobite Baron Grunwald disapproves. Senior
    QUOTE (frigate @ Nov 16 2008, 06:29 PM) »
    one month later...

Dude, patience.

These things take time.
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
  • frigatefrigate Senior
    Even though I know it takes beta testing, revision, coding, and tons of work, I still get impatient waiting on one of crazytalk's finely crafted news posts.
    Member of the one territory party. One tower in desert ruin, one head on colossus, one boat in grog boat, one horn tower in helms deep is our slogan. Obviously specials (knight) break territory style game play, so our party supports a server side and mapping option to have specials turned off.
  • Nemeziz22Nemeziz22 Senior
    well eny news ? :/
  • Gez the HealerGez the Healer Amuwau! Senior
    QUOTE (Nemeziz22 @ Nov 21 2008, 05:51 PM) »
    well eny news ? :/

Yes I can confirm there is news!
    I cannot confirm what news there is though sad.gif

Rest assured your patience is worthwhile though, those crazy dev's are packing alot of cool stuff into the next release biggrin.gif
  • Nemeziz22Nemeziz22 Senior
    emm whats new ? :/
  • BenRydeBenRyde Senior
    can u give us a little advice how the objective entity will change and what push things will be added to 2.3? would be interesting to know what will be possible in the future, u know i love to make push maps! especially i mean how would u solve the problem,for expample, that pirates and vikings work against the knights. imagine: the knights have to defend and the vikings and pirates have to capture or break something. to get this done, they have to spawn in two different directions. so there would be a maximum of 16 attackers and 8 defenders, what makes it really hard for the knights to defend. would it be possible to manage two teams on a map to work together like one team, so that they cant hit each other? the location of the knights have to be in the middle of the two attackers and would it make nearly unpossible for them to defend any objective. cause of that i disabled the viking team on assault. or another idea: is it possible to create something like a ratio, who says how many pirates, vikings and knights can join the team.
    im just thinking about it and yeah i depends on the design of the map how good push will work. its easy to make those maps with 2 team. but with 3 teams its litte bit more complicated.
    so are those things added to 2.3, which makes it easier to create a push mal for 3 teams?
    just my thoughts this evening wink.gif
  • CrackaPollyCrackaPolly PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    I will look into the teams working together possibility, and a ratio option to work for push only.

For push there is also plans to add some team based timers, like booty, features so you have more options for handling timers.
    It also should hopefully have some ways to give people points into specific categories through inputs. (The kills are now part of a overall score that is comprised of a few broad categories that the more specific ways to score in the main gamemodes are divided into)
  • HarliefHarlief Baby get Shakey after school Senior
    For push maps, could there be checkpoints and time bonuses perhaps?
    imageimage
  • DanneDanne Senior
    Give us some news now...Devs journal anything!
    I took an axe to your head
    Chopping rotten flesh
    Brain is seeping from the cracks in your skull
    Blood drains from holes in your torso
    I took your life from you
  • LuparaLupara Senior
    hi i hope a respawn of the skirmisher barrel like parrot but more time icon_yarrpirate.gif
  • lol, pls not. there are 2 many keg whores. with ff on it would be pretty cool but without...
    XTC^

imageMayday image Krogothimage XTC^ image Trojan•Clinique
  • SvartwolfSvartwolf Senior
    would this update be avaible in febraury? it would pretty nice since in thath month i will be getting back to action
  • frigatefrigate Senior
    icon_knightsofni.gif what will come first, 2.3 or Duke Nukem Forever? Duke has videos atleast.
  • DanneDanne Senior
    QUOTE (frigate @ Dec 19 2008, 10:52 PM) »
    icon_knightsofni.gif what will come first, 2.3 or Duke Nukem Forever? Duke has videos atleast.

hehe good one ^^
    I took an axe to your head
    Chopping rotten flesh
    Brain is seeping from the cracks in your skull
    Blood drains from holes in your torso
    I took your life from you
  • firewarriorfirewarrior Senior
    PVK ll FOREVA icon_viking2.gif
  • PaladinPaladin Senior
    is it just the gestir that been be coming out with 2.3 anyone know what date it will be released
    2v2z7rr.jpg
  • SkuzzlebuttSkuzzlebutt Buttskuzzle Senior
    QUOTE (pvk258 @ Jan 7 2009, 11:20 PM) »
    is it just the gestir that been be coming out with 2.3 anyone know what date it will be released

Yeah just the Gestir will be relased with 2.3
    and there is no release date yet.
    A Signature
  • CrackaPollyCrackaPolly PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    After we finish this release 2.3 things will be able to come out much much faster thanks to SteamWorks.