2.3 and Steamworks

Comments

• JervanJervan Senior
    edited 11:48AM
    This is when the epic battles against hordes of untrained noobs begins! biggrin.gif

Everything you've done in such a short time is astounding. Even when you compare this close team to Valve's huge family they can get out quality as quickly - if not quicker. Great job, I only have two questions: is the color correction instant (when you reach a certain health) or gradual (dimmer every hit) and secondly; what happens near death when two colour corrections occur, do they take priorities or blend?
  • edited 11:48AM
    Looks very promising, but beware of the server fillage when its released on STEAM! biggrin.gif
    And I hope 2.3 added a few tweaks to the parry system..
  • JervanJervan Senior
    Yeah, like less damage taken from parrying but less stun time for the attacker or something. It's a bit too abusable at the moment.
  • LhorkanLhorkan PVKII Team, Senior
    edited October 2008
    Colour correction fades in and out very smoothly after you enter the state that triggers it (so pushing up the daisies, zerk, grail), it looks really pleasing to the eye.

Also, boner etc.
    dragonattacksig03-1.png
  • CrackaPollyCrackaPolly PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    edited October 2008
    Color Correction states all can be blended at the same time, but none of them really can happen usually because berserk gives you enough health, and grail heals you fast enough that you would not really notice the differences, though you can have a berserking grail carrier. Although any maps with color correction added to certain areas those will blend seamlessly with our global effects.
  • MahaTmAMahaTmA Senior
    I've toyed around with colorcorrection some more, this is the sight that will now greet the grail carrier. Mainly, green has been reduced and some saturation has been added, hopefully making it somewhat easier to navigate with the grail in hand.
    Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.
    - Richard Feynman
  • KrogothKrogoth Senior
    Is there going to be a option to disable color correction? It seems very annoying and distracting to me.
  • MaydayMayday Engineering Supreme Senior
    I'm hoping you can just simply disable the colour correction graphics option?
  • NoobCannonNoobCannon Senior
    Stupid question. When it's the Orange Box engine your using, does that mean I have to have the Orange Box?
    plx gief internets, i r collecting 2 fite canser

• MastixMastix Senior
    QUOTE (pr0xim1ty @ Oct 16 2008, 12:34 PM) »
    Stupid question. When it's the Orange Box engine your using, does that mean I have to have the Orange Box?

No, you only need to have 1 source game, any source game (HL2, EP1, EP2, DODS, TF2 ect...) and Source SDK Base - Orange Box which will automaticly download from Steam -> Tools if you don't have it.
  • MikplayeurMikplayeur Senior
    edited October 2008
    GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wink.gif

The orange box is good for this mod adding graphics options as "New Particle System" or "Expressions" but "Objective-Based Scoring" and "Kill Assists" was already integrated in an other mod, "Dystopia", who was on the classic sourceengine.

I'm waiting for the filling of servers but I'm worried of flooding with uncivilized players. And new classes !!! The Gestir that we can see on some pictures with his spear ! icon_agapirate.gif
  • MaydayMayday Engineering Supreme Senior
    Yeah, I can't wait for all the new players and full servers! So many new oponents to make rage quit!
  • CrackaPollyCrackaPolly PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    The Objective Scoring and Kill Assists are not really part of OB sdk. They were custom made.
  • JEBUSJEBUS Senior
    Can we expect this before christmas?
    Ingame name: {JEBUS_54}
    I personally (this is not official whatsoever) find the chances of it releasing before Christmas slim, seeing as development on a big update has only begun recently. On top of that, the closer we get to Christmas, the less free time devs and testers alike will have.

That said, I would love to see it out for Christmas just as much as you do, but you know the "it's done when it's done" drill.
    dragonattacksig03-1.png
  • MahaTmAMahaTmA Senior
    This will probably tell you more about the release date than we can;

http://www.ask8ball.net/
    Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.
    - Richard Feynman
  • GazGaz Sir PVKII Team
    I've always found that the christmas periods always the best for the modding scene as people stay home, where as summer is the worse, as everyone goes away on holiday.
  • BenRydeBenRyde Senior
    hey all,

will there be an entity like "phys_vehicle" or something else, which allows us to create
    a well working vehicle? right now its a little bit difficult to make a real one, a big problem
    is the correct controlling of the vehicle and the game_ui crashes when deactivates...
    so do u plan to fix this in ur next release? would be great cause i can release my new vehicle
    map then wink.gif

Ben
  • Brother PedroBrother Pedro Senior
    There is no such thing as a well working vehicle in the Source Engine.
  • walladishwalladish Senior
    I'm more exited about this Epic Release than my own birthday cool.gif

• BenRydeBenRyde Senior
    QUOTE (Brother Pedro @ Oct 17 2008, 09:17 AM) »
    There is no such thing as a well working vehicle in the Source Engine.

i know and cause of that i asked for it. it was one of the devs who talked about it in an interview to make
    such an entitiy.
    Prop_vehicle from the Source engine is included, but as Pedro indicated, there is only so much you can do with that. I'll test some stuff out on pvk_dragon_attack.
    dragonattacksig03-1.png
  • MikplayeurMikplayeur Senior
    QUOTE (BenRyde @ Oct 17 2008, 10:59 AM) »
    hey all,

will there be an entity like "phys_vehicle" or something else, which allows us to create
    a well working vehicle? right now its a little bit difficult to make a real one, a big problem
    is the correct controlling of the vehicle and the game_ui crashes when deactivates...
    so do u plan to fix this in ur next release? would be great cause i can release my new vehicle
    map then wink.gif

Ben

No i have do a cannon for PVKII and i have found a way to avoid it (with some triggers zones).

QUOTE (eYthaK^ @ Oct 17 2008, 11:17 AM) »
    I'm more exited about this Epic Release than my own birthday cool.gif

Me too ! ^^ YAAAARRrrrr !!! icon_yarrpirate.gif
  • edited 11:48AM
    Yea, nice.
    XTC^

imageMayday image Krogothimage XTC^ image Trojan•Clinique
  • Gez the HealerGez the Healer Amuwau! Senior
    Yeh servers are gonna pop up I should probably get my own biggrin.gif who still rents them these days?

When is a cool offical EU server happening also biggrin.gif
  • DanneDanne Senior
    Any in-game pictures of the Gestir?, or is the model even finnished?
    I took an axe to your head
    Chopping rotten flesh
    Brain is seeping from the cracks in your skull
    Blood drains from holes in your torso
    I took your life from you
  • NoobCannonNoobCannon Senior
    The parrot on the picture doesn't look like he care that his owner is dying ohmy.gif
    plx gief internets, i r collecting 2 fite canser

• AstronAstron Senior
    edited October 2008
    Good news, God mod smile.gif
  • Jean LafitteJean Lafitte Senior
    QUOTE (CrackaPolly @ Oct 15 2008, 01:04 AM) »
    We are doing them one a patch now it will mean faster patch release. While the initial SteamWorks patch will take slightly longer than we would have hoped afterwards it will be easy for us to release new patches through steam and so it will also help us do the class patches faster.

I don't care if patches take longer, until they are well made. You mean one for each team i hope, it would be the ruins on game balanc to play 2 pirates-knights vs 3 viking classes, and people more publicly on steam will expect a serious game, one a patch is so patchy, i hope you would make the other two, for the public image and the sake of the game too.
    huh.gif
    "Beware the salty dogs"
    *Grammar nazis you've been warned about Muphry's law*
  • LordTrilobiteLordTrilobite Baron Grunwald disapproves. Senior
    He means really one class per patch, not one per team. So the vikings will have more classes then the other two teams in the next patch.
    dragonattack_sig.jpg