voting on a gamemode for this bk map

MitchMitch Banned
edited September 2008 in Community Maps
you can vote on what gamemode you would like for it
ok so heres the deal im making a bk campaign as most of you probably know who have seen my other recent poll topic thread thing and heres the thing. The maps about 40% done and I was just thinking...since this banjo kazooie campaign is being started on pvkii, and will most likely be transferred to a nother game if popular enough or requested by someone else. I was thinking...is just a random death match mode do able? I mean decent enough for you you guys, so heres the thing vote on what game mode you think bk_spiralmountain should have. Vote carefully as to how ever many votes this gets will be the gamemode in bk_spiralmountain. If you guys complain enough biggrin.gif I will change the map name to like pvk_bk_spiralmoutain or something but anyways for now just choose. Booty, Hold the grail, Team death match, just regular death match. What ever you want just choose because this is the first map of my banjo kazooie campaign of maps I'm making. Though due to the fact that I'm having a bit of trouble getting the maps to connect with trigger_changeleve don't expect the maps (especially banjos house) to be out anytime really soon again I state its about 40% done and banjos house (which is a separate map due to a strangely unfigured out long portalflow: time with compiling which is still freezing up that I will have to look in to)is not connected with bk_spiralmountain. k ending wall of text here. CHOOSE biggrin.gif
MOVIEZ AND OLIVE GARDEN

Comments

• ThunderknightThunderknight Senior
    edited 4:10AM
    Honestly, it really, really depends on the map itself. For example, island is a great booty map, and hell, could even be a grail and LTS map if need be. But there is no way in hell it could be a territory map without being imbalanced as hell. Plus, where would the territory be? If it was the castle, the knights better have to hold it for a damn long time.

Another example would be frostbite. How in the hell could that map become a booty map? I'm sure it could be done, but it'd be difficult as hell.

Well, basically, here's how I would decide...

1) Does your map have random spawn points for every team? (IE, There's no "Pirate spawn" or "knight spawn" area). If so, you're probably better off with using holy grail as your game mode.

2) Is there a central point that all teams could converge on? (IE desertruin tower area). If so, it's probably best to make it into a territory map

3) Is the map relatively small? It could become an arena map. Just add an awesome sudden death and you have a winnar!

4) None of the above? Booty it is!

Also, I'm not sure what "push" is. Care to explain?
  • TheMoonTheMoon Senior
    Objective Push is the new custom gamemode the devs put in, which allows the mapper to set nearly anything possible as the team's objectives.
  • MitchMitch Banned
    QUOTE(Thunderknight @ Sep 28 2008, 05:06 PM) »
    Honestly, it really, really depends on the map itself. For example, island is a great booty map, and hell, could even be a grail and LTS map if need be. But there is no way in hell it could be a territory map without being imbalanced as hell. Plus, where would the territory be? If it was the castle, the knights better have to hold it for a damn long time.

Another example would be frostbite. How in the hell could that map become a booty map? I'm sure it could be done, but it'd be difficult as hell.

Well, basically, here's how I would decide...
    1) Does your map have random spawn points for every team? (IE, There's no "Pirate spawn" or "knight spawn" area). If so, you're probably better off with using holy grail as your game mode.

2) Is there a central point that all teams could converge on? (IE desertruin tower area). If so, it's probably best to make it into a territory map

3) Is the map relatively small? It could become an arena map. Just add an awesome sudden death and you have a winnar!

4) None of the above? Booty it is!
    Also, I'm not sure what "push" is. Care to explain?
    well spawns will depend on the gamemode. yeah theres a central point for territory its the top of spiral mountain its not THAT small but its not incredibly big either, yeah bootys my favorite gamemode too itz awezomez D: D: biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
    MOVIEZ AND OLIVE GARDEN
  • MitchMitch Banned
    its about like....70 percent done now. i got lazy, stopped for a while, plus my trigger man isnt on as much as he needs to be and i dont wanna make the witchs head entrance D: D: D: D;
    MOVIEZ AND OLIVE GARDEN