What the fuck is your problem?

MaydayMayday Engineering SupremeSenior
http://www.pvkstats.co.uk/index.php?m=p&am...EAM_0:1:8609509

Look at my "Last 5 Nicks"

Only the devs or chilly has access to stats, so someone higher up is being a dick. Someone thought it would be hilarious to pull shit like that, and I'm not one to tolerate it.

Cya

Comments

• CrazytalkCrazytalk Terminator PVKII Team
    edited 8:14AM
    No devs have access, I'll talk to chilly

badass.jpg

• chillychilly Senior, Drunk and Disorderly
    You dont have to tolerate anything. It was me, I thought you were a bit full of yourself and needed knocking down a peg. Feel free to change your name a few times ingame to move the ones I overwrote, I wont change them again after.
    move along
  • KrogothKrogoth Senior
    That's not very nice...
  • Suspect-DeviceSuspect-Device There's no such thing as rape, only surprise sex! Senior
    Tis a tad on the strong worded side, simple rebuke may have sufficed
  • MaydayMayday Engineering Supreme Senior
    I was just fooling around, if I was full of myself I think I would have put something else instead of "Mayday is hawt and wicked sick."
    Whatever.

Nice group.
  • Suspect-DeviceSuspect-Device There's no such thing as rape, only surprise sex! Senior
    Dont take it seriously, all us brits are cold bastards who despise anyone further than the isle of man
  • edited September 2008
    on another note, the stats website is vulnerable to something
    VALHALLA
  • The Red CrayonThe Red Crayon 3-7-77 Vigilante #21901923 Senior
    edited September 2008
    QUOTE(chilly @ Sep 15 2008, 05:42 PM) »
    You dont have to tolerate anything. It was me, I thought you were a bit full of yourself and needed knocking down a peg. Feel free to change your name a few times ingame to move the ones I overwrote, I wont change them again after.

hahaha, that actually cracks me up, Chilly, you're an alright dude to me.

BTW, its just stats people, its not a resume to get a good job, be happy with what ya got.
    My ingame name is Caligula, i play every so often.
  • Gez the HealerGez the Healer Amuwau! Senior
    LuL.
    You can change my last five nicks anytime chilly HUGZ AND KIZZEZ X
  • EpidemicEpidemic Senior
    What's up with people whoring stats? And to make it worse it's not CS:S or something like that, it's a HL2 mod. I don't care about stats.
    CS:S is a HL2 mod.
    move along
  • EpidemicEpidemic Senior
    QUOTE(chilly @ Sep 16 2008, 04:41 PM) »
    CS:S is a HL2 mod.

Meh I guess you could say that. But what I'm saying is that people are stats whoring on a little known about HL2 mod that's no where near mainstream or anything like that. They are trying to be pro on a game/mod no one knows about/cares about. It's hard to put what I'm trying to say into words...
    Yeah I get it, was just being pedantic. It is a problem I suppose, but on the other hand the stats are useful too.
    move along
    The stats are badass, but it seems people think its a fucking space race.
  • Rapid-FireRapid-Fire Senior
    Drunk and Disorderly.
  • Jean LafitteJean Lafitte Senior
    The stats aren't reliable first all not servers are listed, i play 50% of my time on other servers like PVKII 24/7 Cathedral/Arena, then i can't count the many times i suicided in surf maps, that would have had fucked up my ratios. Last but not least you meet random people, so doesn't count who killed who as many times you wish.,
    "Beware the salty dogs"
    *Grammar nazis you've been warned about Muphry's law*
  • LordTrilobiteLordTrilobite Baron Grunwald disapproves. Senior
    Also a reason why surf maps should have a jail.
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
  • Banjo BoyBanjo Boy Pickin' to Beat the Devil PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    QUOTE(LordTrilobite @ Sep 20 2008, 11:37 AM) »
    Also a reason why surf maps should have a jail.

Its a deathmatch game, no need for jail in most maps. I think I could change it so stats don't track when surf maps are being played, but I don't know. I'll look into it.
    Define how would you tell the game its a surf map? Game logging is mostly independant of the map, I'm not sure you can control that kind of thing via maps and stuff.
    move along
    banjo, i guarantee people will play your surf maps more if theirs an area for people to duke it out in a jail. I suck at surfing.
    @chilly: There is a sourcemod plugin called map-cfg, where depending on the map name the cfg changes. I don't know if there is a command that can be placed in the server.cfg to turn on and off pvkstats.

@TRC: There are surf maps with jails, and my new surf map surf_banjoboys is n00b friendly.
    Ahh, yeah you can disable the UDP log shipping via the config (logaddress_del I think, followed by the appropruiate logaddress_add in the next map).

That only turns off log shipping, not the storage of local log files which means you still have your records.
    move along
    Oh well.

The top ten suicides are the top ten surf n00bs biggrin.gif lol
  • LordTrilobiteLordTrilobite Baron Grunwald disapproves. Senior
    I think all surf maps should be newbie friendly (thus have a jail and start with easy ramps), but that doesn't mean that the end of the map has to be easy too, the ramps can get harder as you go on.
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
  • Jean LafitteJean Lafitte Senior
    The real problem for surf n00bs is out of your awareness, you do maps that not everyone can play, it's not because they cant surf, but if you understand (x dummies) that different hardwares brands have different elaboration processes on the execution of the game, you may realize some people arent noob, their hardware cant afford all those bytes in a neat way, thus there is chocke loss, graphic lags, and latency, plus virtual memory stressed = lack of bytes to run = deceleration when you surf like there is no command, obviously you then suck at surfing with crap hardware
    I won't stay on surfing maps anymore, it gets annoying this way-
    "Beware the salty dogs"
    *Grammar nazis you've been warned about Muphry's law*