physics barrels and stuff inside em

MitchMitch Banned
edited 3:48AM in Community Maps
How do you make those?
Helloz guyz I am making a map that i dropped because either my computer was screwed up or hammer doesnt like mode three of the clip tool, you know mode three that just puts a slice in the brush with out taking any side off yeah that mode, so anyways im remaking castle_tower not that any of you have heard of it and i was wondering. how do you make physics barrles with nothing and stuff inside them. i mean i have tried to make a physics fruit with prop_physics and when i tested the map the fruit wasnt there so clearly prop_physics either doesnt work for fruits only or i dunno. but can you guys please explain to me how to create physics barrels with nothing and stuff inside them? thanks.
MOVIEZ AND OLIVE GARDEN

Comments

• schatzmeisterschatzmeister PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    edited 3:48AM
    Have a look at the sticky mapping tutorial thread.

Will Turner: You didn't beat me. You ignored the rules of engagement. In a fair fight, I'd kill you.
    Jack Sparrow: That's not much incentive for me to fight fair, then, is it?

• MitchMitch Banned
    uhhh whats the "sticky" mapping tutorial? can you give me a link cuz theres two posts involving mapping tutorials.
    MOVIEZ AND OLIVE GARDEN
    The first "pinned" thread on this board. I didn't want to confuse you with the word sticky.

Will Turner: You didn't beat me. You ignored the rules of engagement. In a fair fight, I'd kill you.

• MitchMitch Banned
    umm i've looked all through out that post and i cant find how to make physics breakable barrels empty ones and with stuff inside em.
    MOVIEZ AND OLIVE GARDEN
    Shouldn't be that hard, whatever, here it is:

2.4 Adding respawnable props - making them explode

Create a entity called "prop_physics_respawnable"
    -"World Model" : Choose a model to respawn.
    -"Respawn Time" : set this to set the amount of time before the object respawns.
    -"Spawn on Break" : Choose an item to be spawned when the respawnable prop breaks.
    -"Explosion damage and radius" : Set the amount of damage to be done (Explosion) and the radius in units.

• MitchMitch Banned
    edited July 2008
    thank you but honestly was it that hard to just reply with an answer? not that i dont appriciate the help. oh and do you or any one else know how to put things like health ammo armor etc in to breakable barrels?
    MOVIEZ AND OLIVE GARDEN
  • LhorkanLhorkan PVKII Team, Senior
    Read the pinned tutorial threads instead of being ungrateful.
    dragonattacksig03-1.png
  • MitchMitch Banned
    i never said i was ungreateful if you bothered to read it to the end may i quote "not that i dont appriciate the help" now tell me what you think that means.
    MOVIEZ AND OLIVE GARDEN
  • LhorkanLhorkan PVKII Team, Senior
    I read that, and you clearly didn't mean it. Your "but honestly was it that hard to just reply with an answer?" was way too snippy for that.
    dragonattacksig03-1.png
  • MitchMitch Banned
    it was a simple question that you read the wrong way. theres no polite sounding way (in your wolrd) to say "why didnt you just say that in the first place" or "why wasnt that your first reply" or "couldnt you just respond with a simple answer" whether that questions intended in a nice way or not you seem to read it like its an insult.
    MOVIEZ AND OLIVE GARDEN
  • LordTrilobiteLordTrilobite Baron Grunwald disapproves. Senior
    edited July 2008
    He did give you a simple answer, and if you're too lazy to search for the things you need in tutorials and keep bothering people with it that's not much future for you in mapping, self reliance dude, figure things out for yourself.

And Schatzmeister was even friendly enough to look up the things for you in the tutorials, and what do you do, you complain.
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
  • MitchMitch Banned
    once again. how the FUCK was i complaining? it was a simple god damn question and maybe i dont feel like reading every single post and every single comment on the forums just to find one thing its much easier to make a question post. but noooo just because i dont read every possible comment there is on every possible post you just assume i am lazy or ungreatful. there is no polite sounding grammar wise way to ask the question i asked in that post "was it really that hard to just reply with an answer >NOT THAT I DONT APPRICIATE THE HELP<" whether it was intended politely or not which it fucking was you just assume what you want by how you read it. now quit going off topic and starting a flaming arguement on my post. was a simple question that you read in the wrong way and i dont have to read every post and every comment on every post before i make new topics. no rules say that.
    MOVIEZ AND OLIVE GARDEN
  • LordTrilobiteLordTrilobite Baron Grunwald disapproves. Senior
    edited July 2008
    QUOTE(Mitch @ Jul 28 2008, 05:51 PM) »
    there is no polite sounding grammar wise way to ask the question i asked in that post "was it really that hard to just reply with an answer >NOT THAT I DONT APPRICIATE THE HELP<"

Perhaps that is because it is not polite to say such a thing, thus your post is contradicting itself, and overall it did not sound very thankfull.
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
  • MitchMitch Banned
    QUOTE(LordTrilobite @ Jul 28 2008, 05:02 PM) »
    Perhaps that is because it is not polite to say such a thing, thus your post is contradicting itself, and overall it did not sound very thankfull.

just because theres no perfect way to say something doesnt mean i cant say it with a good intention. and seriously do you even understand the meaning of "not that i dont appriciate the help" seriously.
    MOVIEZ AND OLIVE GARDEN