Beta 2.1 Released!

2»

Comments

• gubbegubbe Senior
    edited 5:20PM
  • VV Lumberjack's son Senior
    Well butter my ass and call me a cookie, This saved my day! I've been starving and dying of hangover for the whole day then I see this, woopti doo!
  • FearFear Senior
    Stupid computer being broke and can't download the awesomeness of PVKII!!!!
  • OdelpexOdelpex Members
    Oh wow. I'm coming back to play this. It looks epic.
  • TonttuTonttu Senior
    icon_agapirate.gif Grats to the whole dev team for the new release! icon_yay.gif

Gonna try it out later today. happy.gif
  • Ratharias.czRatharias.cz Senior
    edited July 2008
    Congratulations for that release, it totally SUCKS. everybody waited for that release 5 months, something new? Little repairs, some mapping BUT IN THAT TIME, normal team would do whole new mod. The last thing what really made me mad is that you kicked everybody from S2 from testers team. You dont like 1 man from s2 so you kick all of us? .. I want to be polite. What now? You made your friends testers huh? I dont mind, this mod will die, because of one man. (you know who) Good luck in 2.2 (release 24.2.2010?) .

[s²] Ratharias.cz °² #S2-Online @ Gamesurge

Want to challenge ? Try it!
  • CrazytalkCrazytalk Terminator PVKII Team
    Yes, kicking out a few inactive testers totally killed the mod.

badass.jpg

edited July 2008
    Its polite to remind them of inactivity before kicking them , but you know that !

but its really funny that you dont talk about that the 2.1 relase sucks biggrin.gif haha, because its true and you know it

• CrackaPollyCrackaPolly PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    QUOTE(Ratharias.cz @ Jul 28 2008, 04:42 PM) »
    Its polite to remind them of inactivity before kicking them , but you know that !

but its really funny that you dont talk about that the 2.1 relase sucks biggrin.gif haha, because its true and you know it

Have you even played it? I know you didn't while it was in production.
    I enjoy it.

badass.jpg

edited July 2008
    Yeah, you and blade must enjoy it.

i was active tester on 2.0, i wasnt so active on 2.0 to 2.1 because these updates were really terrible, no fun.

This isnt normal pvk, this is Pr0 g@m1ng Bl0ckin Jump1n wh0re game on style of pvkii .. yeah enjoy that sh*t

icon_zombieglomp.gif

edited July 2008
    Will do.
    Now's a good time to move on. Your continued presence here is growing pathetic the more you seek attention.

badass.jpg

• The Red CrayonThe Red Crayon 3-7-77 Vigilante #21901923 Senior
    QUOTE(Ratharias.cz @ Jul 28 2008, 03:49 PM) »
    Congratulations for that release, it totally SUCKS. everybody waited for that release 5 months, something new? Little repairs, some mapping BUT IN THAT TIME, normal team would do whole new mod. The last thing what really made me mad is that you kicked everybody from S2 from testers team. You dont like 1 man from s2 so you kick all of us? .. I want to be polite. What now? You made your friends testers huh? I dont mind, this mod will die, because of one man. (you know who) Good luck in 2.2 (release 24.2.2010?) .

Speak for yourself, I think the new release is completely utterly, and totally fucking badass. Not sugar coated shit either, 2.1 is immensely better then 1.1. You are just mad and sad, turn the frown upside down please.
    My ingame name is Caligula, i play every so often.
  • BladeBlade PVKII Team
    edited July 2008
    A 15 y/o angry kid, what can you expect.
    Being in about 2 tests overall and then come here to complain about the release, of course no real complaint here, only that "it sucks", a real conversation with detail and explanation may be too hard on him.

I thoguht gez the healer is a beta test, no?

everybody waited for that release 5 months, something new? Little repairs, some mapping BUT IN THAT TIME

If thats all you found out, then you really dont understand the game/the new virsion.

If i were you i wouldnt talk about activity in 2.0.
  • Hell-metHell-met Senior
    I am amazed the developers haven't lost their sanity after all these hateful posts and threads.

Kudos guys, you deserve a break imo.
  • GazGaz Sir PVKII Team
    We take no heed smile.gif

We're working on new content atm, and its going really well biggrin.gif
    QUOTE(Blade @ Jul 29 2008, 07:18 AM) »
    A 15 y/o angry kid, what can you expect.
    Being in about 2 tests overall and then come here to complain about the release, of course no real complaint here, only that "it sucks", a real conversation with detail and explanation may be too hard on him.

I thoguht gez the healer is a beta test, no?
    If thats all you found out, then you really dont understand the game/the new virsion.

If i were you i wouldnt talk about activity in 2.0.

FaoLan said it all, you old dick waffle. I was good for you when i was tester huh, now im 15y/o angry kid?? You didnt said anything about my age, because i was active tester (because testing was fun until these retarded changes what changed the normal game on pr0 hax0rz jump shit). Now i dont understand you (i see who you are now, 100 people 100 opinions = you cant take that huh?),now i dont understand the game. Cya

• schatzmeisterschatzmeister PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    By showing this behavior you totally show that the decision of the mod makers to kick you out of beta testing was absolutly reasonable.

Will Turner: You didn't beat me. You ignored the rules of engagement. In a fair fight, I'd kill you.
    Jack Sparrow: That's not much incentive for me to fight fair, then, is it?

edited July 2008
    So they would kick me some time ago.. not now, but i dont mind. I would be ok if they would say something, like "sorry, we dont want you in beta tester team, because you are inactive" .. thats polite. They showed that they aren't so i wont be too. Thats all. Good luck in new release at 2010 guys;)

• BlackBurnBlackBurn Senior
    There were posts on inactivity in the forum. If you don't check those at least and don't say why you're inactive, why would anyone go out of their way to chase you? And if you bothered looking at that forum, you'd know that there was a very large portion of time which no beta tests occurred, due to RL issues. Nobody owes you anything yet you act like they do.
    Yarrr parrot!
    edited July 2008
    Yes, posts were made in the forums several times about inactivity. That's more than you could say, not even a single "Hey guys I can't make it today" post.
    Who's the unreasonable asshole now? The one that keeps saying goodbye but showing back up to post, perhaps.
    I'm not here to chase you, as BlackBurn said. You either show up to tests and keep an eye on the forums, or you don't. If you don't, you have no reason to access the beta files anymore. Step out of your shoes and into ours and you'd see how ridiculous you are being.

Since you can't leave the forums for good on your own like Fao did, I'll help you out. It's a shame you couldn't have left with a little dignity.

badass.jpg

• PLAYLIFEPLAYLIFE Senior
    After reading the last posts I gotta say I'm with the dev team here, because:

1) This release doesn't suck. Totally opposite, there are fixes to bugs, tweaks to maps as well as gameplay improvements. The devs are focused on quality rather than quantity (like zillion different unbalanced classes or maps). I think this is not only good now but also shows great promise for the future.

2) Yes, you can make a mod in 5-7 months. But I've seen those - they are usually crap. This, as said before, is not. It also has almost nonexistant bugs - smth you didn't contribute in. The next release will come when it is done. If everyone contributes, then it will be done faster. For example if beta testers actually show up it will be done faster. However, if the mods have to argue with testers about what will be included in the game and the testers will only test if it is interesting for them, then I see this having a negative effect on the speed of development.

3) You were inactive in the position you took and you were kicked from it, because the devs probably felt frustrated because you didn't fulfill their expectation. I mean what kind of a beta tester are you if you don't actually test. And if you don't even like the game, then you should say that you want to resign.

In conclusion, Ratharias.cz, you don't like where the mod is going, you don't want to test, you don't even care enough to show up to explain that. Now you are not a beta tester. This clearly seems to be in line with your actions and feelings so what's the problem!?

It seems to me that you think being a beta tester is showing up once or twice a year and demanding that the devs make the content that you specifically like. Well you are very wrong in that.

And now you come here to make a number of off topic posts insulting the devs who make this mod for free. I don't know even why you are still allowed to post, because you are clearly abusing your rights. I'd kick and ban your ass to orbit if I was them.
  • sir iconsir icon Senior
    QUOTE(Ratharias.cz @ Jul 29 2008, 02:43 PM) »
    So they would kick me some time ago.. not now, but i dont mind. I would be ok if they would say something, like "sorry, we dont want you in beta tester team, because you are inactive" .. thats polite. They showed that they aren't so i wont be too. Thats all. Good luck in new release at 2010 guys;)

ok , now you can die.

when you release the next update , by all means dedicat to sir Ratharias , he would certain apreciate your kindness.
  • RxDrThndrRxDrThndr Senior
    Not to carry on giving the dumbass attention, but he leaves me with something to ponder:

What exactly is this 'pro haxor block jumping' shit he's talking about?

Is it the nigh invulnerability from jumping and blocking that was totally removed from the game when it became 2.0 and had a more complex blocking system?
  • BladeBlade PVKII Team
    edited July 2008
    He is clueless about what he is talking about, he came to about 2 tests and didnt even see our content/changes, thats why he cant even comment on why it "sucks" nor can he list them.
    He liked the beta forum title/ingame icon, to brag, that is all.

I will quote a beta tester about the jump block:

Jumping is just as easy / hard as it was in 2.0. It wasn't changed at all, except for bowman, and only when he's loading his bow
  • HahaHaha Members
    edited July 2008
    There is only 1 problem , the biggest: 100 people, 100 opinions = i can share my opinion everywhere, normal people say their opinion.. you fu*k others opinion.. can't take that huh?

Yeah, you are the BEST ever, you are so cool.. this is the best release ever, best mod (but thats true), yeah you are best in everything.

HAPPY NOW?

=> sir icon : Everybody can die.

ban me again dick waffle, thats the best what you can do, ban people for their opinion

"He liked the beta forum title/ingame icon, to brag, that is all." talk about yourself.

"He is clueless about what he is talking about, he came to about 2 tests and didnt even see our content/changes," I know better than you on how many tests i've been. everytime i came to test, there were 3+ people max 6people testing.. thats why i was inactive.

Yes, the block system is better, but not the best.. you can still find noobs playing pvkii 24/7 without life jumping around with 100% chance to make perfect parry and jump back 20meters
    Someday you're going to grow up and realize how ridiculous it is to seek validation through forum flaming.

badass.jpg

• sir iconsir icon Senior
    QUOTE(Haha @ Jul 30 2008, 02:14 PM) »
    There is only 1 problem , the biggest: 100 people, 100 opinions = i can share my opinion everywhere, normal people say their opinion.. you fu*k others opinion.. can't take that huh?

Yeah, you are the BEST ever, you are so cool.. this is the best release ever, best mod (but thats true), yeah you are best in everything.

HAPPY NOW?

=> sir icon : Everybody can die.

ban me again dick waffle, thats the best what you can do, ban people for their opinion

"He liked the beta forum title/ingame icon, to brag, that is all." talk about yourself.

"He is clueless about what he is talking about, he came to about 2 tests and didnt even see our content/changes," I know better than you on how many tests i've been. everytime i came to test, there were 3+ people max 6people testing.. thats why i was inactive.

Yes, the block system is better, but not the best.. you can still find noobs playing pvkii 24/7 without life jumping around with 100% chance to make perfect parry and jump back 20meters

go seek atention elsewhere , stop being a clown icon_stabhead.gif
  • PeWRPeWR Famous writer Senior
    I don't understand why you're so angry. (Fao, rath). Getting kicked for being inactive since 2.0 isn't anything to explode about. Warnings were given in the forums, and the kicks came a long time after, when no change was seen. I got kicked aswell, but I was expecting it since I never showed up to tests. I'm actually surprised I didn't get kicked earlier. icon_whistling.gif
  • AndavelAndavel Senior
    Fantastic changes. And the introduction of the Holy Grail is top class!