How do I make Button Teleports?

MitchMitch Banned
edited June 2008 in Community Maps
Need assistence...again...in creating my remake for a test map only it
Hai guys this is mitch and i am still making that map that is a remake of mmy test map, would have been out already but my partner who is sopost to help me with the map has done shit for it so far tongue.gif but he says he will start working on it real soon and i hope hes not lying because this map when its finished will be fairly small but stuffed to the brim with fun secrets, I will give you the first number if you can find all the secrets by yourself or with a group party, you will have to find absolutely ALL the secrets to understand what i mean by the first number tongue.gif and i am hoping none of you are jackasses and will use some command that disables my noclip proof walls sad.gif anyways, back to why i made this post. Can anyone help me or walk me through how to make a button that when pressed will teleport a player to a spucific location but once the player is ported the teleport disables again? thanks. oh and p.s. ... dont fall off the bridge.
MOVIEZ AND OLIVE GARDEN

Comments

• Banjo BoyBanjo Boy Pickin' to Beat the Devil PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    edited 3:50AM
    Create a brush and place it as a trigger_teleport. Edit its options and make it disabled. Create a another brush you want to be your button and place it as a func_button. Using the input and output (I think thats what they called, its been awhile) make it so the func_button activates the trigger_teleport (You can do this by naming each of these different names and the names will pop up when editing in the input or output place. Then make it so it goes back to being disabled after 5 or whenever you want seconds.
  • MitchMitch Banned
    QUOTE (Surfer 4 Life @ Jun 26 2008, 02:54 AM) »
    Create a brush and place it as a trigger_teleport. Edit its options and make it disabled. Create a another brush you want to be your button and place it as a func_button. Using the input and output (I think thats what they called, its been awhile) make it so the func_button activates the trigger_teleport (You can do this by naming each of these different names and the names will pop up when editing in the input or output place. Then make it so it goes back to being disabled after 5 or whenever you want seconds.

you make my head hurt :s icon_zombieglomp.gif
    MOVIEZ AND OLIVE GARDEN
  • Banjo BoyBanjo Boy Pickin' to Beat the Devil PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    It aint hard man, fairly simple.

Heres a tutorial I found on youtube by searching "How to make a teleporter in Source SDK": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-TpLFf-rvI
  • DuckSauceDuckSauce May the Sauce be with you! Senior
    QUOTE (Mitch @ Jun 26 2008, 02:47 AM) »
    and will use some command that disables my noclip proof walls

I might know one that could.. well it wouldn't disable it.. it probably removes it completely.. unless the noclip proof wall is really stubborn like world brushes are.
    if you wanna know so you can test if it would disable your evil walls of doom then.. pm me
    The sauciest person in the world.
  • TheMoonTheMoon Senior
    Dude, building those "noclip-proof-walls" is fairly stupid. You don't want people to look at the secrets of your map without actually finding them - but guess what, the people who want to find out will simply decompile the map or disable the "protection" via console.

The only way how you could, with a certain chance of success, protect the things players have to do in order to find the secrets is to make things goddamn complicated, with loads of entities to hide the actual connections and events. Theres some ways to make it hard to backtrack within hammer/other entity analyzing tools whats actually going on.

But since even creating a teleporter seems to be hard work for you, I highly doubt you'll be able to put any effective protection on your map's secrets, sorry biggrin.gif

On a side note, why dont you go ahead and post some pictures of what you're mapping? People might give you useful hints.
  • MitchMitch Banned
    edited June 2008
    QUOTE (TheMoon @ Jun 27 2008, 03:03 PM) »
    Dude, building those "noclip-proof-walls" is fairly stupid. You don't want people to look at the secrets of your map without actually finding them - but guess what, the people who want to find out will simply decompile the map or disable the "protection" via console.

The only way how you could, with a certain chance of success, protect the things players have to do in order to find the secrets is to make things goddamn complicated, with loads of entities to hide the actual connections and events. Theres some ways to make it hard to backtrack within hammer/other entity analyzing tools whats actually going on.

But since even creating a teleporter seems to be hard work for you, I highly doubt you'll be able to put any effective protection on your map's secrets, sorry biggrin.gif

On a side note, why dont you go ahead and post some pictures of what you're mapping? People might give you useful hints.

ok first off I dont think teleport walls are stupid ideas for noclip proof maps and if i ever learn how i am gonna put some slight fog so that even if you disable the teleport walls its gonna be like finding a small piece of blond hair in a giant haystack because i will put the other areas of the map waaay out there in the future of the development so unless you get insanely lucky its gonna be pretty damn hard to find the secrets. and second off who actually has the patients to decompile a map and look at it just for secrets. and third off just because i am new to hammer doesnt mean i have trouble understanding every single feature when it is first introduced to me.
    MOVIEZ AND OLIVE GARDEN
This discussion has been closed.