How do I make chest teleports and physics walls?

MitchMitch Banned
edited May 2008 in Community Maps
the titles self explanityory...
Hai guys I am making a map ...again for pvkii, and i am confident it will work this time cuz i am not using clip or carve or any of that crud. So i am making a pirates chest zone for the game mode booty but there are going to be pits that are there for fun, and i dont want any noobs throwing chests down the pits to just get them out of reach of being put back in a spawn, if i make the pits be part of the chest zone no one can get to them but if i dont make them chest zones noobs will throw chests down the pits thinking its funny and you must wait for it to respawn. My solution is, Jahhur made ches teleports in pvk_forgotten incase retards throw chests down the pits. If anyone can tell me how to make teleports that only teleport chests and not players please reply to this post explaining how. If you also know how to make physics walls where it prevents all physics objects from going past it except players please also explain how to do that.
Thanks, Mitch. icon_archer.gif
Oh and btw i also need desperitely to know how to make floating white text sprites, you know where you put in some text and put it some where and then if you get close enough it appears in white text. I need to know how to do that, and i really really need to know how to work point_clientcommands! thanks.
MOVIEZ AND OLIVE GARDEN

Comments

• schatzmeisterschatzmeister PVKII Team, Beta Tester
    edited 4:48AM
    Chests will automatically be teleported back to their last zone position if they idle around.

Will Turner: You didn't beat me. You ignored the rules of engagement. In a fair fight, I'd kill you.
    Jack Sparrow: That's not much incentive for me to fight fair, then, is it?

• TheMoonTheMoon Senior
    edited May 2008
    Use a trigger_teleport, and set a filter_activator_chest with Filter Mode "Allow entities that match criteria" as its filter.

For physics clips, use func_clip_vphysics (brush entity).

@Schatzmeister: I think he doesnt want that, because it takes the chests away for some time and also allows for lame tactics like throwing them in when theyre about to be stolen etc...
  • MitchMitch Banned
    edited May 2008
    QUOTE (TheMoon @ May 24 2008, 04:59 PM) »
    Use a trigger_teleport, and set a filter_activator_chest with Filter Mode "Allow entities that match criteria" as its filter.

For physics clips, use func_clip_vphysics (brush entity).

@Schatzmeister: I think he doesnt want that, because it takes the chests away for some time and also allows for lame tactics like throwing them in when theyre about to be stolen etc...

oh thanks moon! I will try to figure out what you just told me to do...lol i am sort of new to hammer and dont know all tis features yet. and yeah schatmeizer i know they respawn after a while but thats really stupid for the pirates cuz if a douche bag just runs in throws all the chests in to the pits for fun then the pirates cant do anything untill they respawn there for its a cheap tactic to make sure pirates have almost no chance of winning.
    and btw moon i got a trigger_teleport thing right now but....I dont understand what you mean by the filter stuff. I mean i highlighted filter name and typed in filter_activator_chest but...i am lsot on what to do from there.
    MOVIEZ AND OLIVE GARDEN
  • TheMoonTheMoon Senior
    Yeah was a bit unclear there... i meant that you have to use a seperate entity called "filter_activator_chest" (point entity). You have to give this filter a name which you then have to type in as "Filter Name" for your trigger_teleport. Also you have to make sure that the "Filter Type" (property of the filter_activator_chest) is set to "Allow entities that match criteria".
  • MitchMitch Banned
    QUOTE (TheMoon @ May 24 2008, 06:01 PM) »
    Yeah was a bit unclear there... i meant that you have to use a seperate entity called "filter_activator_chest" (point entity). You have to give this filter a name which you then have to type in as "Filter Name" for your trigger_teleport. Also you have to make sure that the "Filter Type" (property of the filter_activator_chest) is set to "Allow entities that match criteria".

oh thanks alot moon! i got it now...i think, as soon as i run it i will know for sure.
    btw do you know how to work point_clientcommands? And whats the name for the entity which is basically a little message of floating white sprite text in the air? Like say you get close enough and this floating text that you chose is in that spot? how do you make that? i have tried env_hudhint point_message and env_message none of them work...do you have to give it a name and link it to a brush or trigger thing like i am doing with the chest teleports? thanks again tongue.gif
    MOVIEZ AND OLIVE GARDEN
  • MitchMitch Banned
    QUOTE (TheMoon @ May 24 2008, 06:01 PM) »

its not working moon help me sad.gif i made the filter_activator_chest and named it Chest_port and the filter type is set to allow blah blah blah but...i went to the options on my trigger_teleport set the filter name to Chest_port and then ran the map and it didnt work the chest would not teleport to the location of the filter_activator_chest...i even made the trigger_teleports parent be Chest_port but that didnt work either...
    MOVIEZ AND OLIVE GARDEN
  • TheMoonTheMoon Senior
    No, you still need a seperate destination for you trigger_teleport, info_target or info_teleport_destination works for this (point entities). Give the destination entity a name and paste that name into "Remote Destination" in your trigger_teleport's properties.
  • MitchMitch Banned
    QUOTE (TheMoon @ May 24 2008, 09:01 PM) »
    No, you still need a seperate destination for you trigger_teleport, info_target or info_teleport_destination works for this (point entities). Give the destination entity a name and paste that name into "Remote Destination" in your trigger_teleport's properties.

can i just add you to my friends list please? because this is getting retardiculous sad.gif I did what you said but... i made an info_target and gave it a name and set my trigger_teleports remote destination name to the same one! but it doesnt do what i want it to.
    It teleports players to that spot when they are holding the chest only. I need a teleport that teleports chests only not players or players holding chests... I have the filter_activator_chest thing set to allow blah blah blah and gave it a name and set the trigger_teleports name to that name as well. I have that set to all three of my pits. Do you know whats wrong or is this what you thought i ment when i needed a chest teleporter? cuz its not lol...
    Add me and this might be a bit easier then waiting hour by hour for responses and what not...My steam name is tanstaafl06
    MOVIEZ AND OLIVE GARDEN