Ban Appeal

FergFerg Senior
edited February 2008 in Official Servers
Hi. My steam ID is STEAM_0:0:1429961 and my alias is Ferg. I've been banned from the Official PVK II servers. I don't know why this is and I would greatly appreciate an explanation even If I cannot have my ban removed. I was directed to the steambans website and I went through the steps to appeal my ban there only to find that it is not through them that I am banned. Thank you.

Comments

• FergFerg Senior
    edited 9:12PM
    Yeah I read that post, but I gave all of the information that I know already.

1)STEAM_0:0:1429961
    2)Ferg
    3)I don't know the time of ban because I was not in the server. I tried to join a pvk II official server last night at about 9:30 and found that I was banned.
    4)I don't know what admin banned me.
    5)I wasn't playing any map at the time. I was banned at some point that I was off of the server.
    6)I am banned from all of the PVK II Official servers
    7)I have no idea why I was banned
    8)My side of the story is: I don't know why I was banned and I would like to either have the ban removed or I would like an explanation as to why I am banned.

Thank you.
  • Meteos KingMeteos King Senior
    Well well, Ferg has been banned? Whoever has commited such a blasphemy should be ashamed of themeselves. Ferg is a good guy and has never done anything wrong.
  • BladeBlade PVKII Team
    When was the last time you played in the official servers?
  • FergFerg Senior
    edited February 2008
    I tried last night and was banned at that point. I just tried again and am still banned. Still don't know why I am banned in the first place.

(edited because I was able to get on an official server for a moment, but then it said I was banned again sad.gif )
  • FergFerg Senior
    Oh and if what you mean is when was the last time i've successfully played I'm afraid I don't know. Sorry.
  • BladeBlade PVKII Team
    I dont need exact time.
    Was it one week ago? one month ago? one year ago?
  • FergFerg Senior
    probably a week ago at the most.
  • ParaSwarmParaSwarm PVKII Team, Applicant
    According to pvkstats, the last time my buddy Ferg played on an official server was 2 days 31 minutes ago.

I've played against Ferg for several months and he's never done anything banworthy, period.
  • edited 9:12PM
    Fergs a good chap.
  • -Valemarr--Valemarr- The Smiting Smiter Senior
    Ferg is a really good chap. Never seen him do anything bad. Maybe it was someone else /shrug. He's one of the most challenging opponent i ever fought muaha.
    That one Teutonic Knight that used to smite thee.
  • MrAgentMrAgent TITLE? I dont need no stinking title! PVKII Team
    If you were directed to goto the steambans site, then that means you were banned by the steambans plugin.
    A pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel attached to his crotch. The bartender says, "Um... excuse me... did you know you have a steering wheel on your crotch?" The pirate replies "ARRRRRRRRRRR! I know! It's driving me nuts!"

I was directed to go to steambans, and I did. When I went there and appealed my ban, as I previously mentioned, it came back that I was not banned through them. That is why I am here.
  • FergFerg Senior
    I just went through steambans again, and this time they recognized my steam ID as a banned ID. However, they will not allow me to protest the ban as they say that the ban was made 'over a year ago.' This is obviously not true, since the server stats show me as having played on one of the PVK II official servers approximately 3 days ago. For this reason I would like to know if any of the PVK II admins have the power to unban me on the official servers and override the steambans on their server in some way.
  • RxDrThndrRxDrThndr Senior
    edited February 2008
    I'd send them a detailed polite email/response noting what exactly your situation is, and that because they work for the greater good that since you claim you never knew you were banned, and have been seen playing recently with the same ID, that the system itself must have an error. This errornous detail could in fact mistakenly banned you a year ago, or put a year timestamp on the ban itself, when the ban was out of error.

Because of these circumstances, unless the reason listed under the ban is grevious enough to warrant a solid "No" from them, that they should look over this and completely re-evaluate the situation. To fail to do so is to fail the community. Mistakes are made, their website says that:
    No system is perfect, and here at SteamBans we are not as ignorant as to claim that mistakes are never made.

As you also have a bunch of people here to reiterate and back you up on your situation, that hopefully this situation could come to a resolution that both parties can be happy with.

If this fails, just see if you can gift/transfer your CDkeys of your steam games to a new account, because obviously somewhere their system has screwed up, and they're too restricted/proud/dumb to admit/fix it.
  • FergFerg Senior
    Ok I will certainly try that. I can't seem to find a means of emailing them, and an ban protest form i submit will never be processed since it is a year late. I'll try posting on one of their forums, but it will likely be deleted as they do not allow ban protests on their forums. I'll also continue to look for a means of emailing them.

Thank you for all the help.
  • RxDrThndrRxDrThndr Senior
    QUOTE (Ferg @ Feb 21 2008, 05:42 PM) »
    Ok I will certainly try that. I can't seem to find a means of emailing them, and an ban protest form i submit will never be processed since it is a year late. I'll try posting on one of their forums, but it will likely be deleted as they do not allow ban protests on their forums. I'll also continue to look for a means of emailing them.

Thank you for all the help.

I'd try any avenue you could, as it is a year old and their autmated system is denying you the ability to protest it (from what you say), there is no other place you can protest but the forums, unless they have a specific email for it.
  • FergFerg Senior
    Ok so as an update for those interested, I've exchanged messages with one of the higher ups and he found that my ban was marked from 2005. He suggests that perhaps the official servers had recently installed steam bans, and that is why i hadn't been banned until now from those servers. Unfortunately they will not allow me to appeal the ban, so I remain banned. They suggest buying the game again, but i probably wont.
  • Goodguy3Goodguy3 Senior
    Another innocent player Banned by Steambans >.>
    QUOTE (Damnstraight @ February 17 2009, 08:08 PM)
    Suck up less, or at least make it less obvious.

QUOTE (dinahCannon @ Feb 18 2010, 10:08 AM)
    If that's realistic, I'm Jesus.
  • Shadowex3Shadowex3 ѺϡϟᐝᕔᙰᔒѪҨ Senior
    I'm surprised more people don't see the obvious flaw in a system where a group of people make money by banning lots of people without any form of oversight. Personally I suggest getting play-time stats for as many servers that have steambans as possible and prove that you were playing on a server with steambans just recently and somebody on THEIR end messed up. Good luck though, the great deathmatching masses tend to think of VAC/Steambans as the word of god.