chillychilly Senior, Drunk and Disorderly
edited October 2008 in PVKII Server Stats
If you are a server oper and you want your server to send stats to www.pvkstats.co.uk then all you need to do is list the IP/PORT in here and pm me for instructions.

Sending console logs to me poses no security threat as rcon passwords and other similar things do not get sent, the logging engine blanks them out before sending.

INSTRUCTIONS
In the server.cfg file that comes with the dedicated server package there are three lines commented out that when uncommented will instruct your server to send logs to pvkstats.

Then pm me or post here so I can add your server to the auth list.

Share and Enjoy!
move along

Comments

• romanroman Members
    edited 11:15PM
    Hey

IP: 72.249.124.244:27015 in Dallas, US

Although new, there are no outstanding rules (no gravity, sv_cheats, or anything 'silly'). Just a normal server setup with all of the pvkii maps.
  • Sir DosinatorSir Dosinator Members
    74.54.90.181:27015 GD Boneyard PVKII, Dallas
    Mani admin mod.

Thanks
  • ParaSwarmParaSwarm PVKII Team, Applicant
    Chilly,

Is there any way you could re-implement the "Top 5 Daddies"? As well as the alternate names used by people? I found both of those functions to be really fun cool.gif
  • chillychilly Senior, Drunk and Disorderly
    Yeah, I changed layout and forgot to put them back in. Will do so soon.
    move along
  • TobbeNTobbeN Senior
    Well i would like to have top 5 daddies back, but i would like to have a top 5 killed list to. smile.gif
    I has a keg!
    Ah, I see them. You the man!
  • Dinosaur GasDinosaur Gas Members
    72.9.146.109:27015 The Gas Chamber: PVKII
  • SenkuSenku Senior
    whoah, i didnt know it had official server stats too. Great job with it, I love being able to see my stats smile.gif
  • BojeroBojero Senior
    24/7 ISLAND PARTY

Although I've already got my in-game stats system up (which I coded myself in Eventscripts) I would like to be listed under this service.

Server IP: 212.187.209.93:27015

Do I PM you for instructions now, or do you PM me?
    Signature Coming Soon.
  • JoedirtJoedirt Senior
    Americanfunzone.net

Just getting the server setup today and looking forward to a lot of fun

• ZesiZesi Members
    Hi ! smile.gif

Serverip: 78.47.122.75:27016

Servername: [z4g] PVKII Server

Thx and greetz smile.gif

PS: pm me plz if its done!
    check out the top post mate
    move along
    edited July 2008
    QUOTE(Bojero @ Jun 3 2008, 08:42 AM) »
    24/7 ISLAND PARTY

Although I've already got my in-game stats system up (which I coded myself in Eventscripts) I would like to be listed under this service.
    Server IP: 212.187.209.93:27015

Do I PM you for instructions now, or do you PM me?

Bojero PMed me and asked me to ask on the forums why his server isn't on PVKStats anymore as of yesterday. (He's busy with age of conan and didn't want to come post.) He hasn't done anything to his server and it's no longer listed on PVKStats and stats are not tracked from it (24/7 ISLAND PARTY)
    I removed it from the white list due to a particular non-standard ruleset. I'm not saying the rules are bad, but that they are non standard and can skew the stats results.
    move along
    edited July 2008
    QUOTE(chilly @ Jul 27 2008, 04:03 PM) »
    I removed it from the white list due to a particular non-standard ruleset. I'm not saying the rules are bad, but that they are non standard and can skew the stats results.

Could you elaborate on the non-standard ruleset? There are servers that run surf maps that are listed on pvkstats, but 24/7 ISLAND has standard rules, except for a quicker armor/health/player respawn time which is set by the server owner. If that's a problem, I'll ask him to change it.

Edit: Also, I can't find the rules to be listed on PVKStats anywhere. Can you give me a link.
    There is no set of rules. I removed it on the suggestion of a dev. TBH I dont play any more so didnt even log in to check on his recommendation. If there are other servers that could skew the results, then let me know and I'll either remove or ask them to fix.

The whole point here is to keep the stats as clean as possible. I dont want servers where beserkers get machine guns or where the admins get 60000 HP because that fucks my logs up. Obv this isnt an extreme example but it's of that type.
    move along
    QUOTE(chilly @ Jul 29 2008, 03:39 PM) »
    There is no set of rules. I removed it on the suggestion of a dev. TBH I dont play any more so didnt even log in to check on his recommendation. If there are other servers that could skew the results, then let me know and I'll either remove or ask them to fix.

Yes, that's what I thought from the first place. I know who "suggested" it, and he's just a jealous whining brat nobody likes who can't stand to not be thought of as #1. Thanks for confirming this for me.

QUOTE(chilly @ Jul 29 2008, 03:39 PM) »
    The whole point here is to keep the stats as clean as possible. I dont want servers where beserkers get machine guns or where the admins get 60000 HP because that fucks my logs up. Obv this isnt an extreme example but it's of that type.

It's not of that type at all. Have you been to the server? It's a standard server. Check it out. Also, admins are tightly controlled. They can't give themselves or anybody HP, or weapons, or even enable cheats. All they can do is punish and ban. Unless you have more evidence that you haven't mentioned yet, please revisit this decision. After all, it is your site and stats tracker, not anybody elses. Thanks.
    Talking via PM now, consider my open post in the forum here closed.
  • CrackaPollyCrackaPolly PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    Quick respawning items skews stats because its easy to whore them to stay alive when they respawn every 10 seconds.
  • MaydayMayday Engineering Supreme Senior
    ...and surf maps don't?
    Judgement made, I've decided to allow the server in question based on the grounds that the change in spawn rates affects everyone equally, so while individuals may have a higher score overall on that server it does not affect one team more than another (unless the map is flawed, which isnt my problem).

As for stats whoring: this is nothing compared to what I see whenever I look at my "dodgy report" I run every now and then. A server fills with two guys, they kill each other for hours and I get a long list of kill events with 20 sec between each one, taking in turns.

Conclusion: yes it will skew stats a tiny amount, no I don't care because it's nothing compared to what else goes on.
    move along
  • MaydayMayday Engineering Supreme Senior
    Hallelujah
  • Banjo BoyBanjo Boy Pickin' to Beat the Devil PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    Has my server been disabled from pvkstats? If so, why?
    I havnt disabled it. has your port/ip/config changed?
    move along
  • Banjo BoyBanjo Boy Pickin' to Beat the Devil PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    my port/ip hasnt changed, but I think my config has. If you could PM me what I have to put in my config it would be much appreciated. Thanks, Banjo.
  • AltersAlters Senior
    I'd like to set my server up with stats, ip is 66.55.149.71 port is 27015 also if I have to do anything more than just what you said in the first post please tell me.
    banjo, check out the first post for instructions.

alters: what game mode do you run? anything non-standard?
    move along
  • AltersAlters Senior
    I run a normal game mode. I have a few custom maps and surf but surf only comes up if it is directly voted for so unless the majority wants it, it will never be surf. I do have admin mod on the server as well of course.
  • TCOSeEkErTCOSeEkEr Senior
    Please add our server for stats....IP 208.100.45.31:27015 !TAC8 - PVKII 24/7 Cathedral/Arena

Quick question tho, I noticed this in the server.cfg;

// Uncomment these daddies to hook your server up to our official stats page http://www.pvkstats.co.uk/
    logaddress_delall
    logaddress_add stats.primefarm.co.uk:7839
    log 1

Is this correct instead of editing the valve.rc?

Otherwise, I am not able to upload the edited valve.rc file to our dedicated server, the hosting company will not allow it.

Thank you,
    |TCO| SeEkEr

www.theammocan.com
    yep thats fine, dont do the rc. I'll enable your server
    move along