Please take the time to read this

JuggernautJuggernaut Senior
edited 5:05AM in Site/Forums
To be taken into consideration
alright seriously... mods i really ask you to reconsider, we had built a community there and lots of people honestly were just coming back for spamgrounds. it's unfair to punish us because SoF was racist, you'll notice nobody approved his racism and lots of people actually criticized him for it and told him to stop, (myself, parrot, kneecap, mojo etc.)

as for making sure the spam doesn't spread... that's something we will work on, just issue someone like an instant ban for a day or so if they post some spam-like material outside of the spamgrounds.

honestly spamgrounds was one of my favorite things about this forum..and if you get rid of spamgrounds, then what is gonna happen? people are just going to put their more "unintelligent" or not really important posts in general discussion, and then when those people start getting banned and stuff, the entire forums will just be a vapid, empty lifeless forum.

because that's one of the things that makes this forum so interesting is the amusing, unimportant and nonrelevant things we have to say, that's where the conversation starts. there NEEDS to be a place for flamewars (where everyone is mostly just joking around anyways). there needs to be a place where we can enjoy a lax setting.

and if no new people could look at the spamgrounds, and people were EXPLICITLY warned before entering spamgrounds... what's the problem? as long as we make sure it doesn't leak, (Which we will... i promise that if you could make me a Mod of JUST spamgrounds or maybe red crayon or another elder, we will act responsibly and keep it in one place)

i don't know, i was pretty dissapointed to see it gone, it really is where some of the best/funniest conversations have ever taken place on these boards. i'm sad to see it gone. Mods please consider my post, as i have been a member of the PVK community for 7 years or so, and i really would like to see at least like a second chance delivered.

i don't understand... were people complaining about spamgrounds or something? because if people don't like it.. why don't they just not "enter" it... don't read the posts and don't comment on them? like i said... the only real problem i could see is it leaking, but if given a second chance we will ensure this never happens again.
"actually there was a study that if u stare at tits for like 10 mins its equivilent to like running for half a mile or something like that"

Comments

• AmerikaAmerika Honkey Senior
    edited 5:05AM
    You could always defect and set up your own forum...but it wouldn't be the same.
    imageI love eggs!
    QUOTE (Gee Hawd @ Nov 20 2007, 11:59 AM) »
    They're all transsexuals... but you wouldn't know that, YOU FAILED THE TEST

• CrazytalkCrazytalk Terminator PVKII Team
    Spamgrounds was just an excuse to most people to post filth, the smarter ones will realize general discussion is just as useful, but without the anarchy.
    Sorry if it's not as fun having rules, but I'd prefer our site and forums to be both respectable and enjoyable to visit for everyone.

badass.jpg

• Number NineNumber Nine Senior
    Didn't you make it so people under 30 posts can't view it anyways? How about you only let people who currently had posts there to view them, so no innocent newbies can be "corrupted" and such.
    edited September 2007
    This reminds me... Juggs, you know that topic you started that said, "Don't ever let this thread die, ever"
    and I made some sort of remark where I stated something to the nature of "this thread could die if a moderator chose to lock it or something."

Well, it's kinda dead now. What a kooky coincidence, don't you agree?

AND NO, I'm not the one who forced them to close spamgrounds. It provided me a great way to relax and lose some stress after studying in the library for 5-6 hours after a day full of classes.
    imageI love eggs!

• Suspect-DeviceSuspect-Device There's no such thing as rape, only surprise sex! Senior
    what about all the wonderfull times we had frolicking in the incest-ridden housing estate that was spam?
  • SirGuntherSirGunther Senior
    QUOTE (Amerika @ Sep 24 2007, 01:01 AM) »
    This reminds me... Juggs, you know that topic you started that said, "Don't ever let this thread die, ever"
    and I made some sort of remark where I stated something to the nature of "this thread could die if a moderator chose to lock it or something."

Well, it's kinda dead now. What a kooky coincidence, don't you agree?

AND NO, I'm not the one who forced them to close spamgrounds. It provided me a great way to relax and lose some stress after studying in the library for 5-6 hours after a day full of classes.

Or dealing with people in general all day. It was a nice departure.
  • Suspect-DeviceSuspect-Device There's no such thing as rape, only surprise sex! Senior
    you cannot kill spam, thats impossible
  • JanrokJanrok Senior
    QUOTE (Suspect-Device @ Sep 25 2007, 05:35 AM) »
    you cannot kill spam, thats impossible

SPAM CANNOT BE DENIED
  • JuggernautJuggernaut Senior
    we really need it back...

this forum is a vapid, lifeless place.
    "actually there was a study that if u stare at tits for like 10 mins its equivilent to like running for half a mile or something like that"
  • EpidemicEpidemic Senior
    No point in staying here without the Spamgrounds. Give us our Spamgrounds.
  • The Red CrayonThe Red Crayon 3-7-77 Vigilante #21901923 Senior
    just turn general discussion into spamgrounds, its more simpler.
    My ingame name is Caligula, i play every so often.
  • DoomsirenDoomsiren Senior
    edited September 2007
    it was not just the spamgrounds but i think it was something for most of the members to hold on to. There hasnt been anykind of real update and all we can talk about on these forums are art, pvk scores and asking for the next patch. If the spamgrounds is removed then what are members suposed to do here exept for checking the pages if there is any progress on this mod? The spamgrounds was holding this place together.
  • PeWRPeWR Famous writer Senior
    Discuss the mod perhaps?
    QUOTE (PeWR @ Sep 26 2007, 03:55 PM) »
    Discuss the mod perhaps?

doomsiren just explained that
  • FaoLanFaoLan Members, Senior
    QUOTE (Suspect-Device @ Sep 26 2007, 10:12 AM) »
    doomsiren just explained that

Other mod-forums can also survive the gaps between updates/releases without excessive spamming.
    edited September 2007
    Discuss the mod perhaps?
    Yeah right. Like we haven't done that for like 10 million years. Every imaginable subject has been talked about and are completly drained of intrest. All we can talk about right now is how good scores are and awnsering peoples questions about the release of the new beta. Face it. This forum needs some new things to talk about and we can't because the new beta aint ready yet. The Spamgrounds made me visit this forum again and again because there was something to talk about there.

Other mod-forums can also survive the gaps between updates/releases without excessive spamming.

OTHER mods yes. But this mod...no. Simply because it takes so damn long for the new patch to arrive. The gap between updates here is huge and i do not want to wait for it by talking about pvk2 wich has nothing to talk about right now.
  • CrazytalkCrazytalk Terminator PVKII Team
    I don't get why its so hard to use gen discussion without the excessive spam and retardedness and enjoy it.

You're acting like you cant talk about things in there..

badass.jpg

Because people seem to enjoy excessive spam and retardedness.
  • [BD]ScurvySam[BD]ScurvySam Senior
    I don't care either way. Who's to say all those great conversations couldnt have happened in General Discussion? I'm glad to see it gone. It was like the rotting carcass of some enormous beast lying in the backyard, and it was attracting pestilence and disease, and overall didn't help the appearance of the backyard.
    "For you, the day Bison graced your village was the greatest day of your life. For me? It was Tuesday."
    -M. Bison
  • The Red CrayonThe Red Crayon 3-7-77 Vigilante #21901923 Senior
    Theirs a squirrels just in the backyard, i think it got hit with a car just sittin' there stinking up, poke it with a stick every once in awhile.

cmon' scurvy, we still love ya at the ole spamgrounds.
    My ingame name is Caligula, i play every so often.
  • GarreettGarreett Senior
    I for one, am glad the Spamgrounds are gone. Waste of good bandwith!
    The spamgrounds are not gone, merely waiting for the oppurtune moment to rise up and slaughter
    edited September 2007
    QUOTE ([BD]ScurvySam @ Sep 27 2007, 01:29 PM) »
    I don't care either way. Who's to say all those great conversations couldnt have happened in General Discussion? I'm glad to see it gone. It was like the rotting carcass of some enormous beast lying in the backyard, and it was attracting pestilence and disease, and overall didn't help the appearance of the backyard.

the rotting carcass attracts flies like us!
    imageI love eggs!

QUOTE (Amerika @ Sep 28 2007, 06:40 PM) »
    gtfo

Warning.
    I so did not say gtfo. Stop editing my posts tongue.gif
    imageI love eggs!

• CrazyGoblinCrazyGoblin Everybody's favorite Greenskin Senior
    Most of the entertainment derived from the Spamgrounds was it's randomness. It's not like people had anything actually interesting to say, it's just that fairly inane subjects could be transformed into a ridiculous picture-war, or be bombarded with nonsensical comments that could (if well done) raise the odd smile from a reader.

What exactly can we talk about in General Discussion?

Our interests? I'm assuming that refers to all those PVKII related, as it would be slightly odd to have a thread discussing the various highlights of another mod.

Our thoughts on PVKII? That doesn't even need it's own thread, I can sum it up in six words: When does Beta two come out?

Politics? You should know how dangerous a notion that is. Religion and Politics are the two biggest subjects you don't bring up if you want civility.

Any suggestions for what I left out?
  • JanrokJanrok Senior
    QUOTE (CrazyGoblin @ Sep 30 2007, 01:39 AM) »
    Most of the entertainment derived from the Spamgrounds was it's randomness. It's not like people had anything actually interesting to say, it's just that fairly inane subjects could be transformed into a ridiculous picture-war, or be bombarded with nonsensical comments that could (if well done) raise the odd smile from a reader.

What exactly can we talk about in General Discussion?

Our interests? I'm assuming that refers to all those PVKII related, as it would be slightly odd to have a thread discussing the various highlights of another mod.

Our thoughts on PVKII? That doesn't even need it's own thread, I can sum it up in six words: When does Beta two come out?

Politics? You should know how dangerous a notion that is. Religion and Politics are the two biggest subjects you don't bring up if you want civility.
    Any suggestions for what I left out?

Epic.

Anyways, now we got our own serious spamgrounds over at http://www.spamgrounds.net/, so all is good
    I dunno. It seems as if the mods are now letting the power get to their head and banning people for bumping posts. How old of a post is too old to post in to get banned?
    imageI love eggs!

QUOTE (Amerika @ Oct 3 2007, 02:18 PM) »
    I dunno. It seems as if the mods are now letting the power get to their head and banning people for bumping posts. How old of a post is too old to post in to get banned?

You mean "The orc" and the 1 day ban i gave him today?

He had several warnings before this, because of his endless spamming and bumping of old threads,
    so i gave him a ban for just 24 hours.

So, whats wrong in your opinion?
    edited October 2007
    oh, i didn't know that. biggrin.gif
    keep up the good work, then.
    imageI love eggs!

This discussion has been closed.