New Map Project

YeeHaaYeeHaa Senior
edited 6:54AM in Dev Journal
Ideas
Hey everyone,

After I 'finished' up Colloseum's geometry and lights, basic structure etc. I decided it was time to start something new.
Now I had this map laying around , which was for a competition on interlopers.net about a year ago I think.
The map itself was a portfolio shot of 1 castle wall, I took the concept of this castle wall and made it into a map.

I got myself a rough layout of the map, I already mapped the outer walls, the 8 sided towers , the gates and the rest of the towers shown on the layout. (Which are uniform for both sides). The bridges and first walls top floors are unreachable.
The biggest concern I have now is what to put in the middle, basically I want to VIS block the second walls inside (meaning the walls will be higher then the first ones and people can't see trough it, which will improve performance). But what do I put on the inside?, and how will I place the Knights spawn?

Could you people help me out and think of what I could put in the middle (You may also delete the 4 round towers surrounding the middle and think of something new) , I just need an idea for the center of the map!
Please, if you suggest something , draw it out for me as detailed as possible.

Thanks!

;YeeHaa

PVKII Mapper
sigBGfor.jpg

Comments

• GreyfoxGreyfox Senior
    edited July 2007
    WoW Exelent work!!!

i could only suggest some kind of (large) fountain in the center that the knights could spawn around.

if you interested look some up on google,

http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=mediev...tart=0&sa=N
  • alexkapi12alexkapi12 Senior
    edited 6:54AM
    QUOTE (YeeHaa @ Jul 27 2007, 06:29 PM) »
    Hey everyone,

After I 'finished' up Colloseum's geometry and lights, basic structure etc. I decided it was time to start something new.
    Now I had this map laying around , which was for a competition on interlopers.net about a year ago I think.
    The map itself was a portfolio shot of 1 castle wall, I took the concept of this castle wall and made it into a map.

I got myself a rough layout of the map, I already mapped the outer walls, the 8 sided towers , the gates and the rest of the towers shown on the layout. (Which are uniform for both sides). The bridges and first walls top floors are unreachable.
    The biggest concern I have now is what to put in the middle, basically I want to VIS block the second walls inside (meaning the walls will be higher then the first ones and people can't see trough it, which will improve performance). But what do I put on the inside?, and how will I place the Knights spawn?

Could you people help me out and think of what I could put in the middle (You may also delete the 4 round towers surrounding the middle and think of something new) , I just need an idea for the center of the map!
    Please, if you suggest something , draw it out for me as detailed as possible.

the pictures look cool
    great work

Thanks!

;YeeHaa
  • BladeBlade PVKII Team
    What game mode?
  • YeeHaaYeeHaa Senior
    I was thinking about having to destroy sometihng on the inside? Which Knight's have to defend?
    But until now it's undecided

PVKII Mapper
    sigBGfor.jpg

• PeWRPeWR Famous writer Senior
    A huge tower, territory mode
  • DoomsirenDoomsiren Senior
    that looks really good!
  • BladeBlade PVKII Team
    QUOTE (PeWR @ Jul 28 2007, 02:14 PM) »
    A huge tower, territory mode

How can it be territory mode? the knights spawn in the territory?
  • FaoLanFaoLan Members, Senior
    Maybe a dungeon with a treasure in it and the knights have to defend the doors ,
    who lead to the treasure-room.
  • Number NineNumber Nine Senior
    Maybe an old, withered-down garden with a statue or a fountain in the middle, that the knights defend from invaders. Garden will have multiple hedge walls so its not just an open field, but nothing extremely maze-like.
  • ColonelColonel Finger Lickin' Good PVKII Team
    looks awesome, how long did it take you to make that in hammer?

xq0LCrG.png
    Everything has its beginning, hop aboard the grogboat!  
    Colonel: Co-Lead | Level Designer

• [BD]ScurvySam[BD]ScurvySam Senior
    YeeHaa by any chance are you a fan of the Sierra classic
    Conquest of the Longbow?

If not, I am very very surprised. In which case you need to take a look at this:

ehh, how do you put in attachments again?
    "For you, the day Bison graced your village was the greatest day of your life. For me? It was Tuesday."
    -M. Bison
  • Parrot of WarParrot of War Senior
    Nice job so far! The game mode should be siege. Each spawn has something that must be destroyed by another team.
    *Anti-Ninja Squad*
  • BladeBlade PVKII Team
    With knights in the middle getting ganked?
  • YeeHaaYeeHaa Senior
    I already had the map laying around, but I had to rebuild it all so it took about 6 hours I guess.

And no I'm not a fan of the Sierra classic smile.gif

Already have a good idea by Blade, think I'm going with that cause I really need something drawn out wink.gif

PVKII Mapper
    sigBGfor.jpg

• Number NineNumber Nine Senior
    Remake pvk_castle.
  • ColonelColonel Finger Lickin' Good PVKII Team
    this is the one in the dev journal

xq0LCrG.png
    Everything has its beginning, hop aboard the grogboat!  
    Colonel: Co-Lead | Level Designer

• VV Lumberjack's son Senior
    QUOTE (YeeHaa @ Jul 28 2007, 05:51 AM) »
    I was thinking about having to destroy sometihng on the inside? Which Knight's have to defend?
    But until now it's undecided

A statue of jesus , or marie. Or just a wooden cross. The basic ones.
  • JanrokJanrok Senior
    Its coming alone pretty nicely biggrin.gif
  • VV Lumberjack's son Senior
    edited August 2007
    QUOTE (YeeHaa @ Jul 27 2007, 01:29 PM) »

Knights are so screwed.
  • edited 6:54AM
    the water glows the same way in my map, haha. its scary.
  • bERt0rbERt0r Senior
    It looks to me, that Pirates would have to run through the Knights spawn to reach the Viking Spawn and vice versa. I dont know which kind of game mode this map is for, but if you make it a Pillage map e.g. the Knights protect their King/Princess and the others want to kill them, you should make a huge keep in the middle. I guess you would fortify the entrances with breakable doors/gates then. So far it looks really cool. Just imagine another huge tower in the middle with a princess looking out of the window biggrin.gif (though not shootable from the outside).
    Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes, somthing to something, Yaarrrrrgh!
    I be pro grammar!
  • -Valemarr--Valemarr- The Smiting Smiter Senior
    QUOTE (bERt0r @ Aug 19 2007, 05:46 AM) »
    It looks to me, that Pirates would have to run through the Knights spawn to reach the Viking Spawn and vice versa. I dont know which kind of game mode this map is for, but if you make it a Pillage map e.g. the Knights protect their King/Princess and the others want to kill them, you should make a huge keep in the middle. I guess you would fortify the entrances with breakable doors/gates then. So far it looks really cool. Just imagine another huge tower in the middle with a princess looking out of the window biggrin.gif (though not shootable from the outside).

i kinda like that idea. Protecting a person from a horde of vikings and pirates lol XD. But is the lord/princess going to be an NPC? Immovable retarded AI? Atleast it sounds bttr than age of chivalry's cow >.>
    That one Teutonic Knight that used to smite thee.
    You clearly underestimates the power and importance of the cow!
  • -Valemarr--Valemarr- The Smiting Smiter Senior
    The cow shall die under my hands. Its power is nothing compared to mine muahahaha >.>
    That one Teutonic Knight that used to smite thee.
  • AsskickerAsskicker Senior
    Island like mode!
    QUOTE (Sir Valemarr- @ Aug 26 2007, 07:15 PM) »
    The cow shall die under my hands. Its power is nothing compared to mine muahahaha >.>

cows pwn your ass really hard.
  • SquirrelSquirrel Senior
    Maybe a map looking like isla de muerta from pirates of the carribean when theres a large cavern inside the island. i bet you know how it looks