Better Mapping Forums

MasterMindMasterMind Senior
edited July 2007 in Site/Forums
People often don't properly name their map thread and it's also hard to find which maps are released and which are WIP. It would be great if there were a 'Released Maps' forum and a 'WIP Maps' forum. Makes for better organization and easier download of maps since you dont have to scroll through x pages to find the maps that are released.

Comments

• edited 7:15PM
    or just one pinned thread with all released maps in it.
  • GreyfoxGreyfox Senior
    edited 7:15PM
    Well even some of the WIP maps e.g. helmsdeep are available for download, even if only to test them, so i don't think its necessary to further categorise the thread.
  • MasterMindMasterMind Senior
    QUOTE (CoolCookieCooks @ Jul 25 2007, 08:54 PM) »
    or just one pinned thread with all released maps in it.

Problem with that is it requires someone to keep the thread updated and if they dont for a while it gets messy.
  • edited 7:15PM
    thats why you only let people post their maps in it if it has a link to a map. If its a really useless post like several posts ive seen on this forum, they get deleted :]
  • LordTrilobiteLordTrilobite Baron Grunwald disapproves. Senior
    The problem is you can't change the names of the threads.
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
  • CrazytalkCrazytalk Terminator PVKII Team
  • Banjo BoyBanjo Boy Pickin' to Beat the Devil PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    edited May 2008
    I don't like to revive old threads but I was reading this and this is a really great idea. Because more maps with download links are posted here then on pvkmaps, and if this did happen it would be much easier to add maps to my server. Discuss. *sorry double post
  • LordTrilobiteLordTrilobite Baron Grunwald disapproves. Senior
    edited May 2008
    Pvkmaps is a bit dead at the moment, Chilly should have an unfinished new version of the site, he hasn't uploaded it to the internet yet.

Anyway, I think I'm gonna make a thread where people can post links to their released maps, but of course it's up to the moderators to delete any spam posts.

Edit: here's the thread.
    http://forums.pvkii.com/index.php?showtopic=7652
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
  • Banjo BoyBanjo Boy Pickin' to Beat the Devil PVKII Team, Authorized Creator
    QUOTE (LordTrilobite @ May 29 2008, 10:16 PM) »

Nice! And the thread already has several replies. I like where this is going. icon_agapirate.gif