Captain Update

Comments

• Sir LothaSir Lotha Members
    edited 6:59PM
    Hello, im new and im playing PVK 2 since realese and its fantastic!!! icon_knight3.gif I hope the next realese with the Bowman icon_archer.gif will come quickly, cant wait wub.gif But i dont understand how i can see the parrot???? If i type this npc_create npc_parrot into the console there isnt a parrot?! Must i have a specifi server or must be pirate or something else??? I want to see it dry.gif Can some post a picture or can tell me what i have to do???? Thank you!!
  • Parrot of WarParrot of War Senior
    QUOTE (Sir Lotha @ Apr 30 2007, 04:45 PM) »
    Hello, im new and im playing PVK 2 since realese and its fantastic!!! icon_knight3.gif I hope the next realese with the Bowman icon_archer.gif will come quickly, cant wait wub.gif But i dont understand how i can see the parrot???? If i type this npc_create npc_parrot into the console there isnt a parrot?! Must i have a specifi server or must be pirate or something else??? I want to see it dry.gif Can some post a picture or can tell me what i have to do???? Thank you!!

Do it in your own server after selecting "Create Game". Pretty much all public servers will not let you use the console for that sort of thing.
    *Anti-Ninja Squad*
  • LordTrilobiteLordTrilobite Baron Grunwald disapproves. Senior
    And cheats need to be on of course
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
  • ZombieSoupZombieSoup Senior
    It DOES look like the captain has a little extra crotch-sag, but it could just be the angle or something.
    Let the spirit of the noble sucker punch guide you to victory.
  • Sir LothaSir Lotha Members
    Yea, now i can see the parrot and its CRAZY!!! icon_agapirate.gif I made 50 of them and they are very hard^^ icon_whistling.gif I hadnt got a chance^^

But i remember, ayone said that i should have a look at the media, because i can see the latest skins and things like bowman icon_archer.gif But i can only see the old same things like before! Where can i see the huscarl?? the bowman?? the capt'n?? and their weapons?? blink.gif I cant find them. Only the concept art. No models. And when can I hope for the realese?? In may or in june??? (I hope may)
  • FreidFreid Senior
    Did you even read the first post?

Anyway if you read it you can see a picture of what the captain looks like now and if you look in this thread:

http://forums.pvkii.com/index.php?showtopic=3008

You can see the archer.

There is no picture of the Huscarl, but the model is almost finished.
    Kicked by Console (Reason: This is Sparta).
    Sir Lotha, it really isn't necessary to put all those smilies in all your posts...
    Also, it's very obvious you made no attempt to search at all for teh models of the captain and archer. On the first page of this exact thread you can see an unskinned captain model and in another thread you can find a skinned archer. Please use the search option.
    *Anti-Ninja Squad*
  • VEHVEH Members
    awesome icon_yarrpirate.gif
  • miLkmiLk Senior
    LMAO at the parrot, you cant block the little bugger either... but how many parrots will the captin have? Its very easy to kill...
    [†] Templar

Deal with it. Rock`n´roll.
  • BadGuyBadGuy Senior
    edited May 2007
    Parrots are pathetic, weak creatures. No wonder it is easy to kill them. Parrot of war my ass!
    "if you lived near me I would've drowned you in a bucket of your mothers blood" - Wolfy Snackrib
    QUOTE (Sven Svennson @ Mar 9 2010, 04:12 AM) »
    Maybe I need a break from PVK.

• Roddy BixlarRoddy Bixlar No Man Members, Senior
    edited May 2007
    QUOTE (miLk @ May 5 2007, 11:03 AM) »
    but how many parrots will the captin have?

1.... unless he has a satchel of them stuffed down his pants.... would explain the crotch bulge...

*Pro Ninja Alliance*
  • Number NineNumber Nine Senior
    Hopefully the parrot respawn and mass parrot bugs will be making a comeback!
    QUOTE (BadGuy @ May 5 2007, 12:37 PM) »
    Parrots are pathetic, weak creatures. No wonder it is easy to kill them. Parrot of war my ass!

You've obviously never played the first pvk. Also, don't go to sleep tonight.
    *Anti-Ninja Squad*
  • DoomsirenDoomsiren Senior
    Fear teh wrath of it's beak! image
  • VV Lumberjack's son Senior
    QUOTE (Parrot of War @ May 5 2007, 01:18 PM) »

No, I kinda agree with him. Parrots ARE easy, But HILARIOUS!
    edited May 2007
    i can imagine a parrot attacking the eyes of the opponent which makes them blind but i can't imagine a parrot actually kill a man.

ps: why not add a special attack for captain:)the parrot permantly blind a foe by picking hes eyes out, only when he dies he can look again.
  • GreyfoxGreyfox Senior
    I bet what will happen is you will have a whole team of pirate captains when the patch first comes out and then there will be around 6 parrots being launched at the first attacker e.g. on PVK island, then we will see if parrots can kill.
    if there are 6 parrots launched at the same target
  • FreidFreid Senior
    Plus, there will probably(read: hopefully) be a limit on the classes, I.e, if there are four pirates there will only be two captains allowed.
  • GreyfoxGreyfox Senior
    I think that would be a good idea, and make sense. The same should be done with the archer class since on pvk island it would be impossible to capture any chests from the knights with 6 archers on defence.
    yep but then some classes should be able to be chosen all the time. only the leaders should be exclusive to those who got an amount of kills or anything like that. not that some noob gets to be the captain <.<
  • Number NineNumber Nine Senior
    Capitans won't be "leaders" in this patch. From what I've heard, they won't have thier musical instrument yet, not until the other teams get their leaders. ( I still think its a bad idea giving pirates the Capitan this early.)
    so pirates keep 1 class?!!! is that it!!!!!
  • FreidFreid Senior
    no, they don't, they will just play the captain without the musical-thing.

skirmisher + captain = 2 classes.
    phew mellow.gif
  • GreyfoxGreyfox Senior
    It dosent mention anything about the acordion/squeezebox being played on the main site, and whats the point of it. I mean the pirate captian will be used for his abilities at fighting not entertaining the enemy. It would also give him to much stuff as nearly all the classes have three weapons.
  • BadGuyBadGuy Senior
    edited May 2007
    QUOTE (Parrot of War @ May 5 2007, 01:18 PM) »

*Grin*

QUOTE (Greyfox @ May 8 2007, 05:34 PM) »
    I think that would be a good idea, and make sense. The same should be done with the archer class since on pvk island it would be impossible to capture any chests from the knights with 6 archers on defence.

Not necessarily. Archers are horrible when it comes to melee. Add to that that the vikings are getting a shield class so a team full of archers would lose the chests very quickly.
    "if you lived near me I would've drowned you in a bucket of your mothers blood" - Wolfy Snackrib

• BadGuyBadGuy Senior
    QUOTE (Doomsiren @ May 7 2007, 01:35 AM) »
    Fear teh wrath of it's beak! image

Poor thing is dead :(

• MrFlibbleMrFlibble Members, Authorized Creator
    Looks more like a squid than a parrot to me.
    ~Sir Lister of Smeg~
  • Beer_HunterBeer_Hunter Senior
    QUOTE (BadGuy @ May 9 2007, 03:56 PM) »
    *Grin*
    Not necessarily. Archers are horrible when it comes to melee. Add to that that the vikings are getting a shield class so a team full of archers would lose the chests very quickly.

Quote for truth.
    First beta player :D