Throwing Axe

Comments

• VV Lumberjack's son Senior
    edited 6:55AM
    Double post?
  • BladeBlade PVKII Team
    edited March 2007
    He pressed the post button too fast, but thats ok~
    Double post here isnt something new, and unfortunately, most of the times the cause for it isnt only the above.
  • VV Lumberjack's son Senior
  • CrazytalkCrazytalk Terminator PVKII Team
    Temp Skin

badass.jpg

• FreidFreid Senior
    Spectacular! biggrin.gif
    Kicked by Console (Reason: This is Sparta).
  • Number NineNumber Nine Senior
    The metal looks too dull, almost like stone. Wood is perfect.
  • edited 6:55AM
    I agree with my colleague over here, the blade needs just a little refining.
    Obey me, for I am an alcoholic Wraith pilot!
  • FreidFreid Senior
    QUOTE (Number Nine @ Apr 13 2007, 11:16 PM) »
    The metal looks too dull, almost like stone. Wood is perfect.

Actually there are metal that looks alot like stone. Take this example:

http://www.karesuandokniven.com/shop/images/3549.jpg

It isn't the same material but it sure looks like stone.
    Kicked by Console (Reason: This is Sparta).
  • edited 6:55AM
    they look beautiful cant wait to start throwing them
    Soldier of Fortune: giant fish ice cube monsters that shoot freezing beams from their eyes
    Epidemic: holy shit your the messiah.
    Epidemic: praise the redneck hells angel!
    Soldier of Fortune: PRAISE ME BITCHES!!!
  • LordTrilobiteLordTrilobite Baron Grunwald disapproves. Senior
    It would be awesome if those axe projectiles would stick in to what ever place they hit their target, imagine a dead pirate with an axxe imbedded in his skull...
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
    QUOTE (LordTrilobite @ Apr 15 2007, 06:39 AM) »
    It would be awesome if those axe projectiles would stick in to what ever place they hit their target, imagine a dead pirate with an axxe imbedded in his skull...

Missed PVK I see icon_sighnewbie.gif
    Aye, I've never played PVK I, I arrived just after the 1.1 patch for PVK II.

So, I reckon PVK I had embedded axes in skulls?
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
    Well no, but they stuck on geometry. I've seen vikings make ladders out of axes for their teammates (you can hold 8). Although now that you bring it up, projectiles stucking out of bodies would be cool.
  • Roddy BixlarRoddy Bixlar No Man Members, Senior
    QUOTE (LordTrilobite @ Apr 16 2007, 01:03 PM) »
    Aye, I've never played PVK I, I arrived just after the 1.1 patch for PVK II.

So, I reckon PVK I had embedded axes in skulls?

You could pick up the axes if you missed hitting too. :lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

*Pro Ninja Alliance*
    QUOTE (Number Nine @ Apr 18 2007, 12:45 AM) »
    Well no, but they stuck on geometry. I've seen vikings make ladders out of axes for their teammates (you can hold 8). Although now that you bring it up, projectiles stucking out of bodies would be cool.

How about also being able to retrive them from a person's skull?
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
    Infinite ammo = bad.
  • VultureVulture Senior
    QUOTE (Number Nine @ Apr 19 2007, 07:26 PM) »
    Infinite ammo = bad.

I agree, but the idea is still good. Make the axes stick out but not retrievable.
  • Drunken BowmanDrunken Bowman Members
    edited April 2007
    whoa those look baaad!! in a good way lol
  • chillychilly Senior, Drunk and Disorderly
    They look very nice except that they don't appear to be balanced for throwing. If the haft were thinner in the middle and slightly wider at the base where it is held, it would spin slightly better.
    move along
  • DoomsirenDoomsiren Senior
    any news on how the aim system will work with throwing weapons?
  • AndypAndyp Senior
    edited April 2007
    Id imagine, at a guess that is, that it would work on a 'if you hold it longer the more damage it will do and the further it will go' basis and i reckon the axe would go in an arc similar to the crossbow but the speed would be slower.

So as with the crossbow you would need to aim just a little above the target and ofc you would need to lead them too. At least thats just my guess of how it would go i dont what the devs are gonna do.
    Shot at 2007-06-27

Steven Segal should be the joker in the next Nolan batman film, he has the weight of many successful years of acting behind him,( well he has weight behind him at least), and I think he would do it perfectly:

"and my father turns to me and says 'why so chubby?', comes at me with the pamphlet, 'why so chubby'. Sticks the pamphlet in my mouth, 'lets put a diet on that belly of yours' aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnd........why so chubby?"
    works for me. although i think throwing axes would only really work when thrown at close range. if you throw an axe at lets say a knight who is 20 paces away the effect will be reduced in fact i think the axe will just bounce of the armor.
    Yeah axes didn't have alot of range in the first one, so they were only useful about as far as a pistol. They arced like all projectiles and you had to lead people, but because they were only useful at close range it wasn't a big issue.
  • VazzarothVazzaroth Senior
    Axes sticking out NEED to be implimented, that'd be very cool. However, they can come in a later patch, I'd rather have the Huskarl w/o it at first than waiting longer.

Personally, I think the axe's wood would look nice if it was darker slightly, but that's just me.
    i agree it would look pretty dull if you hit someone with an throwing axe and it disapear all the sudden when it makes contact.
  • AndypAndyp Senior
    edited April 2007
    Yeah well as previously mentioned the axes did stick to the landscape in pvk 1 and you could pick them up again but they didnt stick to people. However implementing a sytem where they stick to people would be awsome, although you might need to tweak it so that you cant pick up axes from bodies, think somone already said this tbh.

Well i guess the beta testers can see whether it would be balanced or not.
    Shot at 2007-06-27

Steven Segal should be the joker in the next Nolan batman film, he has the weight of many successful years of acting behind him,( well he has weight behind him at least), and I think he would do it perfectly:

"and my father turns to me and says 'why so chubby?', comes at me with the pamphlet, 'why so chubby'. Sticks the pamphlet in my mouth, 'lets put a diet on that belly of yours' aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnd........why so chubby?"
  • WenchWench Senior
    I think it would be cool to be able to pick them out of bodies, but it should take time (like defusing a bomb in CS).
    Don't hate, just don't give a fuck.
    as long as they don't vanish when they hit the body
  • bootyseizerbootyseizer Senior
    I just watched kill bill same axe she threw at some guys head i wonder if you only get one.
    uhhun