Comments&crits are welcome.

Comments

• Parrot of WarParrot of War Senior
    edited 4:29AM
    OoOoOoOoO!! Looking good.
    *Anti-Ninja Squad*
  • BladeBlade PVKII Team
    I wouldnt go for exact remake, id make one who is better built for gameplay, etc.
  • FreidFreid Senior
    Night map YAY!!!

Looking good icon_yay.gif
    Kicked by Console (Reason: This is Sparta).
  • LordTrilobiteLordTrilobite Baron Grunwald disapproves. Senior
    edited March 2007
    QUOTE (Blade @ Mar 24 2007, 11:03 PM) »
    I wouldnt go for exact remake, id make one who is better built for gameplay, etc.

I can see right away that that is not an exact copy, it doesn't look that accurate.
    Still, looks pretty good.

Edit: after a second look and some googleing, there is a lot that isn't accurate, with that I moslty mean details, not gameplay related stuff, wich are exactly the things that should be accurate since they don't matter to the gameplay itself anyway.

and people will always complian, whether it's an exact copy of from the movie or a version fit for good gameplay.
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
  • BladeBlade PVKII Team
    I didnt complain about rights or anything, i just gave a suggetion: the last layout of the map sucked, gameplay wise.
    With some thinking and creation, he can make both a great detailed map and great gameplay.
  • Number NineNumber Nine Senior
    QUOTE (Jahhur @ Mar 24 2007, 03:40 PM) »
    Decide what to do with pirates

Ditch the bastards.
  • YeeHaaYeeHaa Senior
    Looks like a good start, try to get some more 'non-flat' geometry in there, the walls right now are nothing other then blocks. So as someone else said, spend some more time detailing the thing smile.gif
    You got the atmosphere right already, so good job wink.gif

PVKII Mapper
    sigBGfor.jpg

• JahhurJahhur PVKII Team
    Updated.

Any better now?

And how on earth I can add flags to my map? I tried with prop_static and cycler but they always end up being invisible.
  • kow75kow75 Senior
    The flags are models. Where as the code of arms is a texture.

When selecting a model. In this case the Flag Model. Take a look at the (info) tab. To see what kind of prop_ they are compiled as Static, Dynamic or Physics. Then make them that kind of prop and they wont be invisible.

If you make a model a prop_static and pick the flag model but, it was originally compiled as a prop_dynamic. Then it will turn invisible or show as an error. So you would fix it by changing it into a prop_dynamic as it was compiled to be.

Another resin for it being invisible is simply you don't have the file but, I would check and make sure its prop_ is right.
    Oh so that's what dynamics are for. Thanks. I finally got it working.
    QUOTE (Jahhur @ Mar 26 2007, 02:24 PM) »
    Updated.

Any better now?

And how on earth I can add flags to my map? I tried with prop_static and cycler but they always end up being invisible.

the red flags look out of place, and the walls look a bit thin, otherwize looks pretty good.
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
  • VV Lumberjack's son Senior
    edited March 2007
    I ¤#%&! LOVE YOU, Can i raise youre babies? VIKINGS SHALL CRUSH!

This map MUST be enabled for siege mode.

*Sacrifices 10 knight prisoners for the map*
    <!--quoteo(post=66124:date=Mar 26 2007, 09:27 PM:name=V
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
  • UlricUlric Members
    edited March 2007
    this gets my thinking device turned on to make a lord of the rings MOD O: but not really, its a very cool map. Oh and u should put the pirates in the cave, unless u havent made one.
  • Number NineNumber Nine Senior
    QUOTE (LordTrilobite @ Mar 26 2007, 03:02 PM) »
    Doesn't siege mode require three bases?

Pillage mode would be better. Knights have to hold off for 5 minutes while vikings have to break the door into the tower or something. Any word on when we're getting new game modes?
  • BladeBlade PVKII Team
    If he is going to make the tower the same, then it is doomed from the start.
    QUOTE (Blade @ Mar 27 2007, 01:26 AM) »
    If he is going to make the tower the same, then it is doomed from the start.

Aye, the knights just camp the tower with shields & bows 24/7, Not fun. How about breaking the gate, The wall , And a statue inside the keep?
  • RothgarRothgar Server Admin
    This map has a lot of potential and looks great so far.

Just ensure that since you are making the remake of this map that you make sure the FPS are decent, needs optimization.

Like the catapult you have going there, very nice.
    Dawgclan Network > http://www.dawgclan.net
    CustomFactor.com > Official PVK II #1 Beta 2.4 (-FF)
    21 Players, 33 tick, Custom Maps & More
    203.56.188.6:27019
    I wuw you Jahhur.
    Min
  • BladeBlade PVKII Team
    Can simply release it few times with diffrent game modes.
  • JEBUSJEBUS Senior
    I want to mother your children.

As far as pirates go, spawn them in a room with insta death.
    Ingame name: {JEBUS_54}
    The game mode should be pillage, Objectives could be The gate, The wall, A statue for example ( There was a Statue in the book O_o), The throne and maybe the horn of helm hammerhand, These are just suggestions.
    Yea the game mode will definitely be pillage in the next patch but what about the current 1.1? Should I just make it to team deathmatch and pray that the knights will stay in the castle? Or maybe trigger_hurts doing couple damage per second to a knight who goes too far from the castle?

In Pvk 1 version half of the knights were in the viking spawn and the other half was either camping in the tower or wandering in the mountains. I really wouldn't like to see that happen again.
    QUOTE (Jahhur @ Mar 28 2007, 09:20 PM) »
    Yea the game mode will definitely be pillage in the next patch but what about the current 1.1? Should I just make it to team deathmatch and pray that the knights will stay in the castle? Or maybe trigger_hurts doing couple damage per second to a knight who goes too far from the castle?

In Pvk 1 version half of the knights were in the viking spawn and the other half was either camping in the tower or wandering in the mountains. I really wouldn't like to see that happen again.

How do you do that? hurting a specific team?
    dragonattack_sig.jpg
  • RomeoJGuyRomeoJGuy Senior
    filter_activator_team I believe is the filter entity name. Teams are represented in Source by a team id enumerator. like 0 unassigned, 1 active, 2 spectator are default teams I think.
  • JEBUSJEBUS Senior
    PLease just nerf the damn tower so camping dosnt help.
  • VancaVanca Senior
    Pirate disabling option for maps tbh. Roar.
    Rawr
  • †äløn†äløn Senior
    I think u should wait until the next patch. Reason being that archers will be out next patch and will be a great addition to this map. And i think it would be cooler for a pillage map.
  • JEBUSJEBUS Senior
    Helms_Deep2 for cs:s had a working batting ram.